Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Lmao classic. Marchand freakin “licked” players. Has anyone else in the league EVER done that? Sorry bro, you guys can’t say a thing.

The Panthers are not only skilled, but also play nasty, in your face hockey. We’ve sucked for a long time, we finally deserve it.
Ladies and gentlemen the deserve to win o meter is back!

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Ladies and gentlemen the deserve to win o meter is back!
Not sure what you’re talking about? We got worked the first game and then we pummeled you guys games 2 and 3. There’s no “deserve to win-o-meter”. We sucked for a long time, finally things have changed for us. Be empathetic for a franchise that struggled for a long time and is finally good.

Reactions: Vilam

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Fair points. Not sure if this is a consolation, but every fanbase suffers its own disrespect. No matter how long or short your team's tenure, there's always a way to stick it to them. You didn't win any Cups, or you won too many Cups, or nobody cares about Cups won ___ years ago, or you don't deserve a Cup because your fans/city/player suck.

Disrespect is HF's bizarro-world badge of honour.
I used to think there were "harmless" franchises, like Columbus, vs ones we traditionally detest like Montreal. Then I realized I was wrong. You all suck. All 31 of you. Screw you all :laugh:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I used to think there were "harmless" franchises, like Columbus, vs ones we traditionally detest like Montreal. Then I realized I was wrong. You all suck. All 31 of you. Screw you all :laugh:
1715470350275.png

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Get used to it. We’ve been dealing with it since 2010, or rather forever, even when we haven’t been that team for years. You guys have the reputation now. Enjoy!

Edit: but at least those teams would fight. Let’s see Bennett fight Rempe next round lol. He might not be given a choice.
My friend, Bennett can fight, don’t kid yourself.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Man... a full decade since our teams last met. Say what you will, those last two series were freakin' awesome nail-biters.

We always had epic trolling going on, too. Years after the butthurt from 2011, I actually have sort of an appreciation for stuff like Ference giving our crowd the finger. I think that was just the Bruins attitude that year. They had that bad series against Philly the year before and came back the next year with an F You attitude and won it all.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
We always had epic trolling going on, too. Years after the butthurt from 2011, I actually have sort of an appreciation for stuff like Ference giving our crowd the finger. I think that was just the Bruins attitude that year. They had that bad series against Philly the year before and came back the next year with an F You attitude and won it all.
It has been the MO of the Bs for 50+ years.

They just don't enjoy the taste of their own medicine.

Cue the nobody does it like we did crowd...

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
A - thanks for illustrating the point

B - yup

C- no one's calling them "fake tough" they're just not that kind of tough. They're an agitating and instigating club, they don't even pretend to be tough in the way you're trying to build em up. FWIW I'm a big fan of Bennett and not surprised in the least that he crossed the line the way he did.
FLA has been mentally tougher, for example Barkov. I'll take that over "Oooh we have guys who can fight!" any day.

1 entertains fans.
The other wins games.

Boston had that championship mental toughness with Bergeron, Krejci, Chara et al, but the current group isn't as mentally strong: see horrible line changes, turning the puck over when pressure is applied and taking bad penalties.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Not sure what you’re talking about? We got worked the first game and then we pummeled you guys games 2 and 3. There’s no “deserve to win-o-meter”. We sucked for a long time, finally things have changed for us. Be empathetic for a franchise that struggled for a long time and is finally good.
That’s what I’m talking about. Classic deserve to win o meter. It has showed up here and there this post season. Saw it a lot with Toronto.

I have no sympathy for the Florida Panthers. If they lost every game for the rest of time I’d be happy about it. It’s not just Florida though. I feel the same (or much worse in some cases!) about every other team outside of Boston

Usually, the better team wins. You should be happy that lately it’s been Florida. That’s all that matters i suppose. Not the silly deserve to win o meter

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut

With respect to the last sentence, the empathy plea, i think there’s some general empathy toward fan bases of teams that haven’t had a ton of success. But it’s not to the extent of caring if your team wins or loses. Just recognition in some cases that the history has been rough.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
You're just defensive about it. Better off owning it and moving on but you do you.
Own what? That Marchand tried to make a late hit and instead got rocked?

Or are we living in delulu land that while skating and preparing for Marchand to hit him, Sam Bennett pulled off a rabbit punch so quick, that it would make Mike Tyson blush. Oh. And this rabbit punch was so strong, there was ZERO follow through. Bennett’s hand sprang back like rubber.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Get used to it. We’ve been dealing with it since 2010, or rather forever, even when we haven’t been that team for years. You guys have the reputation now. Enjoy!

Edit: but at least those teams would fight. Let’s see Bennett fight Rempe next round lol. He might not be given a choice.
It's a different league now vs. 2010. There's no legit "tough teams" and everyone knows it. The Panthers do what they do and it works for them, so why would they change it. Tough noogies, other teams either have to adapt to it, fight fire with fire, or lose. Tough. That's sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad