Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Panthers rat(s) now exceed the bruins rat. But rats another story entirely.
Why do you think the team is constructed like it is, it is a tip of the hat to our rivals in TB and Boston. We got tired of being pushed around.

We bring the fight to them now, instead of trying to weather the storm.

Trust me, we know it sucks to be on the other side of the coin.

No one ever apologized to us, that's just hockey.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Panthers rat(s) now exceed the bruins rat. But rats another story entirely.
Lmao classic. Marchand freakin “licked” players. Has anyone else in the league EVER done that? Sorry bro, you guys can’t say a thing.

The Panthers are not only skilled, but also play nasty, in your face hockey. We’ve sucked for a long time, we finally deserve it.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
A. It is brilliant.

B. Have you seen Bennett fight before??

C. I keep seeing this “fake tough” comments, but the team has Bennett, Gadjovich and Lomberg. Who can ALL fight! Two aren’t dressed because they were injured and the others are playing well, but they can easily a slot in and handle business.
A - thanks for illustrating the point

B - yup

C- no one's calling them "fake tough" they're just not that kind of tough. They're an agitating and instigating club, they don't even pretend to be tough in the way you're trying to build em up. FWIW I'm a big fan of Bennett and not surprised in the least that he crossed the line the way he did.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
A - thanks for illustrating the point

B - yup

C- no one's calling them "fake tough" they're just not that kind of tough. They're an agitating and instigating club, they don't even pretend to be tough in the way you're trying to build em up. FWIW I'm a big fan of Bennett and not surprised in the least that he crossed the line the way he did.
We don't want to be the Broad Street Bullies, and playing that style alone isn't good enough to win it all nowadays anyways.

Reactions: Vilam and Mase

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Why do you think the team is constructed like it is, it is a tip of the hat to our rivals in TB and Boston. We got tired of being pushed around.

We bring the fight to them now, instead of trying to weather the storm.

Trust me, we know it sucks to be on the other side of the coin.

No one ever apologized to us, that's just hockey.
Bostons got a lot of problems in this series, but "getting pushed around" ain't one of em (and Boston doesn't have a particularly tough roster to begin with).

We don't want to be the Broad Street Bullies, and playing that style alone isn't good enough to win nowadays anyways.
Dont worry, no one would think they are.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Bostons got a lot of problems in this series, but "getting pushed around" ain't one of em (and they're not a particularly tough roster to begin with).

Dont worry, no one would think they are.
Yeah, you guys are doing great with the constant pressure of our physical game.

Plenty physical enough to cause league wide hand wringing about how we get it done.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
I think we have at least comparable offensive talent to the Rangers, we have actual goal scorers, but no time to put the cart before the horse, neither team has won anything in the 2nd round yet.

Barkov line would be stapled to Panarin and Trocheck at 5v5. Who would Lavi match against Swaggy - Bennett - Chucky? That's an honest question

I think it'd be situationally dependent. At MSG, D zone start they're probably getting the Goodrow line; o zone start Zibanejad line most likely

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I think it'd be situationally dependent. At MSG, D zone start they're probably getting the Goodrow line; o zone start Zibanejad line most likely
We were 2-0-1 against the Rangers this season, I have faith we can cause issues for you guys at least 5v5, if we end up meeting in the ECFs

Vasy
Swayman
Shesty

No one would have a harder road to climb than us, again if it works out that way. So far we have been up to the task. Fingers crossed.

• Love
Reactions: Vilam

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007

I don't think it matters what kind of tough they are, they are a tough team. They have some big hard-hitting guys, and there is no doubt it's getting under the Bruins skin right now. Game 2 reminded me of some Habs-Bruins games about 10-14 years ago, and the Panthers are the ones who looked like the Bruins. If the agitating and instigating works, why wouldn't they do it? It's the playoffs. I think the best response from the Bruins would be not to worry about who is tougher or what kind of tougher they are. They have to play like an underdog team with smart defense and lots of shot blocking. I don't think that's impossible either.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Bostons got a lot of problems in this series, but "getting pushed around" ain't one of em (and Boston doesn't have a particularly tough roster to begin with).
Yeah, I don't necessarily agree with the whole "getting pushed around" thing, but I do see
one teams forecheck causing the other team to run faster than their players can make decisions.

Marchand in particular has made some very questionable passes that have led to prime scoring
chances because of the pressure and at least one goal by Barkov was a direct result of a bad clear
by Capt. Marchand.

So, getting pushed around no, being run around, absolutely.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Excessive Rat-Checking Ban incoming.
Did someone say "ban"? I thought I heard the word "ban".
trouble.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Yeah, I don't necessarily agree with the whole "getting pushed around" thing, but I do see
one teams forecheck causing the other team to run faster than their players can make decisions.

Marchand in particular has made some very questionable passes that have led to prime scoring
chances because of the pressure and at least one goal by Barkov was a direct result of a bad clear
by Capt. Marchand.

So, getting pushed around no, being run around, absolutely.
For sure - and it's not exactly a secret that targeting Pastrnak and Marchand is the best strategy to shut down Bostons offense. Bennett's hit crossed the line but he got away with it so life goes on.

Reactions: Mase

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
For sure - and it's not exactly a secret that targeting Pastrnak and Marchand is the best strategy to shut down Bostons offense. Bennett's hit crossed the line but he got away with it so life goes on.
See lines like: got away with it makes it seem as if it was clearly in the wrong.

I don't see how that can be the conclusión, could be, but without clear evidence, how do we know the puck crossed the line as it is.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I don't think it matters what kind of tough they are, they are a tough team. They have some big hard-hitting guys, and there is no doubt it's getting under the Bruins skin right now. Game 2 reminded me of some Habs-Bruins games about 10-14 years ago, and the Panthers are the ones who looked like the Bruins. If the agitating and instigating works, why wouldn't they do it? It's the playoffs. I think the best response from the Bruins would be not to worry about who is tougher or what kind of tougher they are. They have to play like an underdog team with smart defense and lots of shot blocking. I don't think that's impossible either.
I get why you'd want it to be like those Boston Montreal series.

Reactions: Lshap

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I think alot of fans lucky enough to be able to remember a time when their team was at the pinnacle, can sometimes take for granted how much has to go right, and how much can go wrong while trying to climb that mountain, we Panthers fans have to be some of the most dedicated and deserving fans out there.

Does that cloud our opinions sometimes, probably, but it also makes us fiercely dedicated to our team.

Little brother has grown up, and we have our sights on what was once thought to be impossible for our franchise.

It gets trying putting up with the supposed purists that think somehow Miami is backwoods Mississippi, where we only concern ourselves with playing banjos and pretty mouths.

Most Panthers fans are long time, knowledgable fans that supported O6 and Canadian/American franchises before we came into the league, the disrespect is baffling.
Fair points. Not sure if this is a consolation, but every fanbase suffers its own disrespect. No matter how long or short your team's tenure, there's always a way to stick it to them. You didn't win any Cups, or you won too many Cups, or nobody cares about Cups won ___ years ago, or you don't deserve a Cup because your fans/city/player suck.

Disrespect is HF's bizarro-world badge of honour.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Fair points. Not sure if this is a consolation, but every fanbase suffers its own disrespect. No matter how long or short your team's tenure, there's always a way to stick it to them. You didn't win any Cups, or you won too many Cups, or nobody cares about Cups won ___ years ago, or you don't deserve a Cup because your fans/city/player suck.

We are finally able to eat the grownups table for Thanksgiving lol.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

I'm a Jackets fan and I don't feel particularly honored...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad