Series Talk: ECQF: New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals (NYR Lead 3-0)

What is your prediction of the result of this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
It would be a total, complete failure if the Rangers don’t win this fairly easily

Washington is at the end of their run where the wheels are falling off, where as this Rangers team is in it’s prime
True and with that, all the pressure on NYR. If caps split the first two NY home games things could get interesting

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Going Rangers in 5 but wouldn't shock me if it was Rangers in 6 either. I think Lindgren will steal a game, maybe 2, but the gap in top end talent will be too much for Washington. That being said, I think the games will be competitive and close. I don't forsee these games being blowouts unless Washington starts a parade to the penalty box.

President's Trophy is a curse. That said, and what a few others mentioned already, that there are worse match ups in the East that would lead me thinking 4 games and out, but figure the caps will over perform and get at least get two wins. PPs in the playoffs generally not as much a factor as the regular season. OT hockey can be a coin flip if the games start getting there.

I think statistically there's actually been more PP's in the playoffs than regular season recently. Forgot where I saw that number but I think the issue is that due to the games being tighter checking there's a lot more penalties and infractions that go uncalled due to the refs not wanting to call everything.

Reactions: Neil Racki

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
Heart would love the Caps to win, and I'd like their chances in a one game playoff, but this isn't that. Rangers depth and skill level blows away the Caps.

But, they split the season series 2-2 with each winning a one goal game and each winning a 4 goal blowout.

The Caps have been incredibly efficient in one goal games, which is how playoff games usually run.

Sweeps aren't nearly as common as people think they should be in the playoffs.

I say Rangers in 6.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
W5i6ItyG.gif

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
The Rangers should easily take this in 5, but I'd also keep in mind that this is the series everyone could be wrong about. An upset here would be the biggest shocker in the first round.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I'm taking about him being the former Caps coach and knowing the players tendencies and weaknesses. It will help.
I suppose. I wish he was as good at identifying weaknesses on his own team first and foremost lol

It would be a total, complete failure if the Rangers don’t win this fairly easily

Washington is at the end of their run where the wheels are falling off, where as this Rangers team is in it’s prime
No doubt. It can still happen though. And that should spell the end of this core if it happens.

This isn’t a Boston vs Florida situation, or even a Tampa vs Columbus.

This Washington team is straight up bad.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Rangers in 5. Lindgren will steal a game but otherwise the rangers are way too good for the caps.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I can see caps winning 2 games. They've beaten some good teams down the stretch like Tampa and Carolina for example

Reactions: Dijock94

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
What's the deal with Mac and the Rangers? I know they drafted him but that's about it. I keep seeing a ton of comments about him that are surprisingly ominous so I need a backstory please haha
whole board and fanbase wanted tarasenko or fowler, we draft McIlrath way out of left field, even Pierre had not much to say at the draft because he wasn't prepared. tears his knee in his second camp with us on a play with a nothing player, misses half a season and then very very very slowly progresses at the AHL level. Has one or two callups but never sticks. Famously got eviscerated on this goal (by Tarasenko, of course):

Fowler and Tarasenko establish themselves as great players while McI is mediocre at the AHL Level

goes down and stays there until 15-16 where he actually plays kinda well, 6 years post draft, with Yandle. doesn't play in the playoffs, waived the next season and that's that.

it was a long and painful journey

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
The Rangers are going to run a train on the Caps. I see a scenario where Ryan Lindgren runs his brother so hard that he temporarily paralyzes him and has to wheel him around in a wheelchair during his rehab with the Stanley Cup on his lap that Ryan the Rangers just won.
LGR!

whole board and fanbase wanted tarasenko or fowler, we draft McIlrath way out of left field, even Pierre had not much to say at the draft because he wasn't prepared. tears his knee in his second camp with us on a play with a nothing player, misses half a season and then very very very slowly progresses at the AHL level. Has one or two callups but never sticks. Famously got eviscerated on this goal (by Tarasenko, of course):

Fowler and Tarasenko establish themselves as great players while McI is mediocre at the AHL Level

goes down and stays there until 15-16 where he actually plays kinda well, 6 years post draft, with Yandle. doesn't play in the playoffs, waived the next season and that's that.

it was a long and painful journey

McIlrath and Hunnwick? Was this a preseason game?
Oh, the pain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad