Series Talk: ECQF: New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals (NYR Lead 3-0)

What is your prediction of the result of this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The Caps play man to man defense and Panarin was his guy. You think he was going to give him an easy night? Panarin got frustrated and threw a high hit that probably should have been penalized.

It's all good, though. I'm sure the Caps have forgotten all about it and the next time Panarin is in a vulnerable position they'll just let bygones be bygones.
Laughable take.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
The Caps play man to man defense and Panarin was his guy. You think he was going to give him an easy night? Panarin got frustrated and threw a high hit that probably should have been penalized.

It's all good, though. I'm sure the Caps have forgotten all about it and the next time Panarin is in a vulnerable position they'll just let bygones be bygones.
Stick to the echo chamber

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Caps could still get swept here but honestly it feels watching these games that they are closer than you think. Caps defensive situation obviously not helping, there's Carlson, Fever and 4 AHLers in reality. I don't know if that's why Lindgren has looked a bit crap, and we really needed him to be lights out to have much chance. That said it's really important Caps get on the board tomorrow because 3-0 would be pretty impossible to come back from. Ovy should start ramming into people or something, get a step into his game. I don't know if he's playing hurt or something but there's almost no intensity to him which is not like Ovy playoff time.

Reactions: Neil Racki

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Can't post the link cause of the X handle, but

"Panarin has been threatened and blackmailed by the Russian government you think he’s gunna let some guy named “TJ” bother him???"

These are my exact sentiments.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Rangers should insert Chytil for Rempe for game 3. Rempe's penalties are going to be a worry. Rangers need to stay out of the box. The Caps converting on a bunch of their PP's is how they'll be able to put up more than 1 or 2.

Move Cuylle down to the fourth line. Chytil can start out on the third line. And if Rempe comes back in it should be for Roslovic.

I agree w that. Caps need everything to go right to put up 4 or more.

Our comfort zone is keeping it low scoring and winning the 3rd period.

I do hope there are some line up changes for our PP unit, most Caps fans on our sub think we need more speed to carry puck into zone as our zone entry is no bueno.

Reactions: YippieKaey

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
Can't post the link cause of the X handle, but

"Panarin has been threatened and blackmailed by the Russian government you think he’s gunna let some guy named “TJ” bother him???"

These are my exact sentiments.

I don't think the evidence supports your assertion.

For what it's worth, I actually like Panarin quite a bit. I really wanted WSH to sign him when he hit FA, but the cap space wasn't there. He could be the best free agent acquisition in NYR history.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Maybe Oshie shouldn't play like such a scumbag? He brought it on with how he acted last night.

Plus the hit was clean, so . . . . . . ?
The hit wasn't clean. Listen to any hockey pod with former players and they'll let you know.

Holy shit calling for 5 and a game, clueless. And quite ironic coming from a fan of the team that employees that coward Wilson.

They need to play it as clean as possible for sure. Every ticky tack call will go the Caps way.
So what you're saying is that if Wilson did that to Panarin you would have no problem with the hit? I think you're forgetting your franchises history here dude.

YippieKaey

Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Pretty sure a big part of the concussion spotter's job is looking at the player immediately after the hit and how they are reacting. Oshie clearly took his time getting up and looked a little dazed. If he had popped straight up and kept going after the hit, guarantee he isn't taken off. But either he was actually dazed, or he was faking it (i'm assuming the former. Oshie doesn't strike me as the type to milk it).
No he said he was fine straight off the bat. But hits to the head mandate concussion protocols.

But it's ok. Everyone who played, every expert and anyone not associated with the Rags know it was a dirty hit. You would probably still have won so im not really sure where all the self-delusion about the nature of the hit is coming from.

YippieKaey

Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Repeating it ad nauseam won't make it any more true.

In fact, it was called, because it wasn't clearly seen. Then it was reviewed, and taken away. Because video evidence clearly showed a clean hit.
No. The discourse among people who played is quite clearly not in agreement with you. The dominating sentiment seems to be that the reffing sucked and helped the Rangers.

Not that they need the help, but that just makes it more stupid.

Not with the type of hits hes laying consistently to guys in vulnerable spots. Itd be one thing if it was a one off, but he has a reputation for laying hits with clear intent to injure
If you really knew players you'd know that every hit is made with the intent to injure. But you're a BS:er so noone cares lol.

YippieKaey

Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Caps could still get swept here but honestly it feels watching these games that they are closer than you think. Caps defensive situation obviously not helping, there's Carlson, Fever and 4 AHLers in reality. I don't know if that's why Lindgren has looked a bit crap, and we really needed him to be lights out to have much chance. That said it's really important Caps get on the board tomorrow because 3-0 would be pretty impossible to come back from. Ovy should start ramming into people or something, get a step into his game. I don't know if he's playing hurt or something but there's almost no intensity to him which is not like Ovy playoff time.
I love the man but he is 38 and not the fastest guy out there. And stickhandling has gone to shit. But he is still a lot better than he's been in these two games.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
No. The discourse among people who played is quite clearly not in agreement with you. The dominating sentiment seems to be that the reffing sucked and helped the Rangers.

Not that they need the help, but that just makes it more stupid.

If you really knew players you'd know that every hit is made with the intent to injure. But you're a BS:er so noone cares lol.
Again, repeating the same thing over and over again doesn't make it any more true or factual.

But it is a message board so you are free to continually state your incorrect opinion.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
The hit wasn't clean. Listen to any hockey pod with former players and they'll let you know.

So what you're saying is that if Wilson did that to Panarin you would have no problem with the hit? I think you're forgetting your franchises history here dude.
Yeah! Go listen to podcasts of former players with 80 IQ and they will tell you it was illegal. I mean, they played at some point, therefore their opinions are infallible.

You probably think Wayne Gretzky would make a great coach, don't you?

Edit: I don't even think the Wilson/Panarin situation was that egregious, but f you're trying to draw parallels between Wilson/Panarin and Panarin/Oshie then you're clearly out to lunch or discussing in bad faith.

YippieKaey

Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Yeah! Go listen to podcasts of former players with 80 IQ and they will tell you it was illegal. I mean, they played at some point, therefore their opinions are infallible.

You probably think Wayne Gretzky would make a great coach, don't you?
They certainly know a lot more about hockey than you do. And im not sure how you measured hockey player IQs so im guessing there's a Dunning-Krüger effect thingy here. It's ok though, it's just the internet and im om the toilet;)

Reactions: Grifter3511

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Refs have been ass in this series so far. But tbh I think the Caps real problem is that Wilson has been their best player so far, best F for sure. They really need to ramp up the physicality to slow the Rangers down.

Normally this’d be great news for Wilson, but given his (well-earned) reputation, if he does something stupid (again), they’re up shit creek because they just lost their best player. That’s a very tough line to toe.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

If I agree that Panarin should have gotten a penalty, will you agree that Oshie should have gotten a penalty for high-sticking Panarin, and another penalty for jumping him from behind?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I like when people use an appeal to authority argument (listen to these podcasts with former players?!?!?!), but ignore the actual authorities in this case who looked at the play and decided no penalty and no suspension.

Not that I’m saying the refs or DoPS are good at their jobs. The irony just amuses me.

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Refs have been ass in this series so far. But tbh I think the Caps real problem is that Wilson has been their best player so far, best F for sure. They really need to ramp up the physicality to slow the Rangers down.

Normally this’d be great news for Wilson, but given his (well-earned) reputation, if he does something stupid (again), they’re up shit creek because they just lost their best player. That’s a very tough line to toe.

Caps needed this to be officiated like you’d expect playoff series to be officiated (fewer penalties, more physical play). However the refs have decided to create some weird hybrid where they’re both calling ticky-tack stuff and ignoring bigger stuff. The Caps don’t stand much of a chance in a high-event series because they just don’t have the depth of offensive talent (doesn’t help that their blue line is also dropping like flies).

That’s not to blame the refs for the Caps being down in this series. Can’t be reliant on the refs officiating a certain way to win. But the Caps can’t compete with the way this one happens to be being officiated. They’ll need to the whistle to get swallowed a bit to have chance to win some 2-1 games.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I like when people use an appeal to authority argument (listen to these podcasts with former players?!?!?!), but ignore the actual authorities in this case who looked at the play and decided no penalty and no suspension.

Not that I’m saying the refs or DoPS are good at their jobs. The irony just amuses me.

Not only no penalty, but literally (and properly) calling the Caps for roughing after a clean hit.

Anyone perpetuating this ridiculous nonsense about that hit being dirty is just not a serious individual. They aren't wanting to actually discuss the game in a serious manner, frankly.

calls are really inconsistent for the first two games.....for both sides. But it hasnt effected the outcome of games (in my opinion). All this back and forth about who is being helped by the refs is just some loser bullshit....I dont care which teams fans are saying it.

As long as Wes McCauley doesn't do many more games, we'll all be fine. He's awful for any/all teams.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Not only no penalty, but literally (and properly) calling the Caps for roughing after a clean hit.

Anyone perpetuating this ridiculous nonsense about that hit being dirty is just not a serious individual. They aren't wanting to actually discuss the game in a serious manner, frankly.

As long as Wes McCauley doesn't do many more games, we'll all be fine. He's awful for any/all teams.
But Paul Bisonette or Ryan Whitney or someone of their ilk said it was dirty and illegal!!!

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy

I honestly think McMichael has been their best F, which is even a bigger problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad