GDT: ECQF Game Two: New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Too little too late again, a better first period though, an absolute horrific stretch killed us in the second. We only got back in it when they took their foot off the gas. Can't just wait to go hard and compete after the game has been decided.

Hall's line has been shutdown both games, pretty much a non factor. Palmieri needs to get away from Hall and Nico.

The second line needs to take up the slack with the top line being shut down, we're not going anywhere with Zacha as our second line center though. Maroon was pretty good today.

The PK which was supposed to be one of our strengths has been ****ing awful. Green is complete toast, he's held together with duct tape and bondo, completely running on fumes at this point.

I have no words for Lovejoy, same for Boyle and what in the flying **** does Grabner provide? I could see why Hynes wanted some guys with playoff experience but they've been complete garbage. Lovejoy is just clueless out there, he even went to the wrong ****ing box after that delay of game penalty lol.

We haven't gotten our game going at all and every mistake TB has taken advantage of. Hopefully we'll get some better match ups at home.
So the people who were in attendance at the game weren’t the only ones who had a clue that Lovejoy went into the Bolts box at first? Did the broadcast mention it?

That confirmed for me that he was intoxicated today. Either that or suffering from some other unfortunate memory loss due to age.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I felt like I spent too much of that 2nd period on my phone. Something that I don’t do during games, except at stoppages.

Reactions: theoptimist

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LJ must come out .

Be ballsy and scratch Boyle and get Gibby and Bratt in
If I were king I would scratch Gragsner. I’d send him home for the rest of the season. Can you say dead weight? How much do you think he’ll get on his next deal? His last two Rags years were a fluke. Sexy Leafs era stat line that he’s got going since he’s been here.

Space Junk motherf***er.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Before we get to Amalie Arena, my buddy (Cage Helmet) and I have a meeting spot a few blocks away from the lots where we park, so we can park together. He lives 4 hours away and it’s out of his way to meet me at my house and ride with me. It’s even further for him. And he comes down on his bike and when we park together I can let him keep his helmet, riding gear and his backpack that he brings to store his game gear in my car during the game. So I got in front of him on the way to the lot and told the attendant that I’m paying for myself and the guy behind me to park. I told him don’t worry about it, it’s on me and he said “You don’t have to pay for me, I make a lot more than you do”.

Well I bought the tickets for us and told him to just pay me back when he gets here and we see each other. So after the game he said “You don’t really need that $145 bucks back, do you?” so I told him “Sure I need it. I don’t have to pay for you. You make a lot more than I do”. :laugh:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Since we have the last change in games 3 and 4 I would go with this lineup.

Hall Hischier Bratt
Maroon Zacha Palmieri
Noesen Zajac Coleman
Wood Boyle Grabner

Greene Vatanen
Mueller Severson
Butcher Santini (obviously it’ll be Lovepoop)

Kink

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is this the drunks thread? :naughty:

F0F354E1-04DD-4ECE-9D03-D7D3DBEFC636.jpeg

Drunks? No, I don’t take drunks.

Reactions: glenwo2

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Since we have the last change in games 3 and 4 I would go with this lineup.

Hall Hischier Bratt
Maroon Zacha Palmieri
Noesen Zajac Coleman
Wood Boyle Grabner

Vatanen Greene
Mueller Severson
Butcher Santini (obviously it’ll be Lovepoop)

Kink
I wouldn’t mind Santini on that bottom pairing. He did well in that role last year.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Santini hasn’t played against NHL pros in months though.

Throwing him back into that pretty cold, and in his first playoff game to boot? That is just asking for failure. I don’t like the idea of setting kids up for failure.

Better to just sit Lovejoy and keep Mueller and Moore in. I’ve never been a fan of Moore, but I don’t think Santini at this juncture is a better option.

Would be a different story if we got Santini into some games down the stretch, but they chose not to do that.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’d be okay with starting Cory in game 3, but it needs to be on a short leash. Like a very short leash.

A bad angle goal (or any pretty weak goal) a few minutes into the game and out he goes. Even if it’s just 1-0. Don’t wanna get embarrassed by being yanked at 1-0? Don’t give up some bullshit goal that’s gonna embarrass us like he did early in that game in San Jose. If it’s a goal he has no chance on like the first two against Washington then I’d excuse it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So the people who were in attendance at the game weren’t the only ones who had a clue that Lovejoy went into the Bolts box at first? Did the broadcast mention it?

That confirmed for me that he was intoxicated today. Either that or suffering from some other unfortunate memory loss due to age.

Broadcast got a chuckle then quickly moved on.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I’d be okay with starting Cory in game 3, but it needs to be on a short leash. Like a very short leash.

A bad angle goal (or any pretty weak goal) a few minutes into the game and out he goes. Even if it’s just 1-0. Don’t wanna get embarrassed by being yanked at 1-0? Don’t give up some bull**** goal that’s gonna embarrass us like he did early in that game in San Jose. If it’s a goal he has no chance on like the first two against Washington then I’d excuse it.

No coach is giving a goalie that short a leash. It isn’t happening.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No coach is giving a goalie that short a leash. It isn’t happening.
Gulutzan did last year in game 4 against Anaheim with Elliott.

Bad angle goal a few minutes in, 1-0 score and Elliott was done for the night and the series. That was the series. Johnson wound up giving up one goal in 55 minutes or so and they lost 2-1.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Well at least the Pink concert was awesome last night...I’ll have my man card reinstated for tomorrow night though at the Rock. Tomorrow is when we turn this bitch around!!

Camille the Eel

Vatanen's hit on Callahan was quite a shot, leading immediately to his goal too.

With Callahan's history of shoulder injuries, I am doubtful whether this series or the playoffs (if they move on) sees Callahan again. It looked like he's done. Either a dislocation or a fracture. This is a huge loss for Tampa.

How much of how listless Tampa looked after Callahan went off was due to them just taking their foot off the gas, how much to missing him? He's quite an important grit guy for a team that often doesn't like to get its hands dirty.

Hopefully the Devils third period represents a momentum swing in the series and not just Tampa sitting back once they had a four goal lead.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Vatanen's hit on Callahan was quite a shot, leading immediately to his goal too.

With Callahan's history of shoulder injuries, I am doubtful whether this series or the playoffs (if they move on) sees Callahan again. It looked like he's done. Either a dislocation or a fracture. This is a huge loss for Tampa.

How much of how listless Tampa looked after Callahan went off was due to them just taking their foot off the gas, how much to missing him? He's quite an important grit guy for a team that often doesn't like to get its hands dirty.

Hopefully the Devils third period represents a momentum swing in the series and not just Tampa sitting back once they had a four goal lead.
Huge loss? He is a 4th line player with 6 goals all year. Yeah no not a big loss.

Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad