GDT: ECQF Game Two: New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
Bratt has arguably been worse than Stafford lately. I'm not a Stafford fan, but I don't really have a problem with him getting a game. Too many people here treat it like the sky is falling.

Yeah Bratt hasn't been great. I personally would keep Gibbons in but that's more my commentary on Stafford than a compliment to Gibbons. Not a huge fan of 7D although that's a cheap way to get Severson in yet have the insurance policy of Lovejoy.

Stafford hasn't been horrible in his recent games but I'm not sure his style is the impact we needed. At least Gibbons can kill penalties against a great PP. Bratt has speed which I think last game lacked but he hasn't done much with it.

Not a fan of having Maroon, Boyle, and Stafford all mucking it up out there. We shall see.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I turn on the Devils/Lightning game on Sportsnet, and all the coverage is about Nashville/Colorado.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Really not a fan of Lovejoy being in the line up. He seriously sucks. He's a huge liability against a team like Tampa. Not good enough with the puck, not offensively smart enough, and not a good enough skater. He's a waste of a roster spot.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Wow. Just saw a low on the ice replay on NBC of the Tampa powerplay goal that the Devils broadcast didnt have.

That was a crazy fluke goal.

Mueller and the Tampa forward both get a piece of the puck and it hits the Tampa forward blade, which kicks it direct right UNDER Kincaids pad right to the other Tampa forward for an ENG.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Did they just say our D needs to join the rush MORE???

Help keep the puck in the offensive zone. Better pinches. The problem is, we have Greene and Lovejoy playing, both suck at skating now, and neither are good enough with the puck to make a good keep in or pinch.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Drew Stafford warming up on the fourth line.

WHY GOD, WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He brings NOTHING. At least Gibbons is lethal on the PK. You know, something that might be important versus about the best PowerPlay in the entire NHL. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad