GDT: ECQF Game Two: New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
Stafford over Gibbons isn't that bad. I think you guys are all wearing rose-colored glasses with regards to Gibbons. He hasn't been good recently. He had an awesome start to the season, but he's been pretty awful lately and I'm fine giving Stafford a chance over him.

Not many people defending Gibbons here. That's not really the issue.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I’d rather get that 8th string goalie accountant to play wing over Stafford. Stafford should have been that baby left on the train tracks in Jersey City, except 30 years earlier. He sucks moose cock.

BalticDevil

Mar 27, 2018
Wismar, Germany
Not a Stafford fan, but he was the obvious choice for changes at forward. It's Hynes choosing the veteran over the rookie Bratt who might not be ready for the playoffs. Stafford had some good games in the later part of the season, let's hope this versiin of him shows up.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Gibbons has been very ineffective and Bratt hasn’t really done anything either in the past couple months. Stafford has been a zero too. The only player we could put in that would move the needle would be Johansson but he’s not ready. I wouldn’t mind dressing 7 dmen honestly, our 4th line is gonna get pooed on anyway. Might as well double shift someone from the top line.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
staffdr01-2017.jpg

really? why?!

anyways….will be watching. wont be posting this one….gonna try and tune everything out but the game

cheers! and lets gooo!!

135ace

Mar 18, 2015

Bratt has arguably been worse than Stafford lately. I'm not a Stafford fan, but I don't really have a problem with him getting a game. Too many people here treat it like the sky is falling.

Reactions: Southpaw123

Southpaw123

Apr 9, 2017
I'm okay with giving Stafford a game, but please tell me Hayes will be joining the others in the press box!!!

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Stafford over Gibbons is a huge downgrade if you ask me. Desperate move by a scared coach.

But ofcourse, he'll score the game winner now.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm just worried about us getting even slower. Tampa is gonna run circles around us with Boyle, Maroon and Stafford all on the same lineup. Whatever. Gibby and Bratt have been pretty crappy for over a month now.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
I called Stafford going in yesterday! Wish it was bratt, but its only gonna impact the fourth line anyways. And it does make them a tad slower. Not gonna lose my mind about it, as I'm sure some of the incoming hot takes will.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Did someone tell Hynes there’s no shootout in the playoffs? I don’t get the Stafford fetish but hey if he’s their first choice to come off the bench we’re literally just rearranging deck chairs up front.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I called Stafford going in yesterday! Wish it was bratt, but its only gonna impact the fourth line anyways. And it does make them a tad slower. Not gonna lose my mind about it, as I'm sure some of the incoming hot takes will.

It was pretty obvious. I called it in the GDT for the last game. I was wrong about Sevs in for Mueller apparently, though.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
You know what I like it

Lull them into a false sense of security. Like "wow, we're really going to play against Stafford in the playoffs. Easy win boys!" Next thing you know, boom, Stafford hat trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad