GDT: ECQF GAME 7 - 8:14 PM - Toronto Maple Leafs (3) @ BOSTON BRUINS (3) - I assure you Woll is injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I think leafs pull it off but imagine they dont.

Theres leaf management excuse to run it back.. "well thats because woll was injured"
They protected Woll well with Matthews out. He wasn’t some hero, it was an easy nights work the past few games. He isn’t an excuse. They need to win more ugly games and if they don’t win tonight, their entire staff should be held accountable because Boston has been terrible outside of Swayman all series. This series has looked like two bottom 10 teams battling it out.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Just keep playing hard and tighten up defensively. Samsonov can still stop some pucks, just needs a bit support.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The crazy part is, the leafs have such a nice built-in excuse this year .

What actually happens if they lose game seven?

They’ve had crazy injuries, illnesses, and everything

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
A Leafs fan actually "laughed" at the idea that Matthews would be more impactful than a back up at best goalie.... remarkable.

Matthews isn't 100%.

Samsonov is a -2 goals per game. He allows roughly 1 extra goal every 10 shots than Woll. Assuming the Bruins get 20 shots, that's 2 extra goals. 3 extra goals if they get 30.

You're basically expecting an injured Matthews to pot 2 goals just to put the Leafs on even ground with Samsonov in net. The main problem is Samsonov is horrible. I would have took my chances with Martin Jones over Samsonov.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Just keep playing hard and tighten up defensively. Samsonov can still stop some pucks, just needs a bit support.
I will say, if Samsonov can get the same defensive support + removing the middle of the o-zone that Leafs played in the last couple of games, he SHOULD fare well.

That said, Samsonov is prone to stupid goals though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad