GDT: ECQF GAME 7 - 8:14 PM - Toronto Maple Leafs (3) @ BOSTON BRUINS (3) - I assure you Woll is injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
The pressure is on Boston. They will be squeezing their sticks harder tonight. Toronto just needs to relax and play a normal road game which they are good at (better than at home) and they'll be fine. I don't know what it is but there is a constant nervous vibe that spreads out of Jim Montgomery. I noticed this in the playoffs last year against Florida and he just has that same look again this year. Some coaches had it. Bryan Murray constantly looked nervous and lacked perceived confidence in my opinion as well.

Reactions: Summer Rose

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Well, can't stop now...

1000006040.gif

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The pressure is on Boston. They will be squeezing their sticks harder tonight. Toronto just needs to relax and play a normal road game which they are good at (better than at home) and they'll be fine. I don't know what it is but there is a constant nervous vibe that spreads out of Jim Montgomery. I noticed this in the playoffs last year against Florida and he just has that same look again this year. Some coaches had it. Bryan Murray constantly looked nervous and lacked perceived confidence in my opinion as well.
Between Boston's fear of choking away the series and Toronto's fear of choking away their core, I'm not sure which team will be squeezing their sticks harder. As a non-fan of both, my only consolation is one of them is guaranteed to lose.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Pressure is definitely on Toronto as well... look at the rosters.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
And the season expectations.

As a fan of Boston be bummed for blowing the the series but not the year they had. It's been a fun and surprising season. Looks like they're going to be able to transition to a new generation without 5 years at the bottom of the league.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Yeah ones been missing their 69 goal scorer and somehow still came back to tie the series.

Leaf fans have accepted their death. Bruin fans and the bruins roster a like are petrified of choking against the leafs and being mocked for decades because of it.
"Mocked for decades" is a distinctly Toronto fear.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Like many I thought it was over early in the series. As a non Leafs fan I was glad for this. As a hockey fan I was glad to be wrong and it has been a good series. I still hope for a Bruins win so there can be the wholesale management changes (and some roster changes) on the Leafs that need to be done that, in my view are overdue that will finally be forced to happen with a first round exit.

That said this series has shown a number of things I didn't see on the Bs side. Marchand, while I think he is great player, should not be captain. The Boston coaching is not as strong as I expected. Pastrnak has completely disappeared and is worse than a non factor. I do not expect the Bruins to be a contender next year with this same lineup.

I am going to go with a prediction of a 3-2 win for Boston in overtime tonight

Last edited:

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023

There is, for sure. Keefe is playing in his 3rd straight game of not knowing if this will be his last. Because if they lose it is definitely his last. Brendan Shanahan has been going grey and white for a while now but he has had to have aged in the last week or so because he could be part of the shake up too. I just think on the road you can relax more. The Leafs were better on the road this year. Yvan Cournoyer used to say that part of the reason the Habs won so many Cups on the road was that unity you have as a team being off on your own at the hotels and such. No distractions.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
"Mocked for decades" is a distinctly Toronto fear.
We've been mocked for decades and will be until they win (and will still be mocked long after that). You really think we fear being mocked lmao?

If you think Leaf fans are insufferable now, just wait and see if your team chokes this series against them. Youll never live it down.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
We've been mocked for decades and will be until they win (and will still be mocked long after that). You really think we fear being mocked lmao?

If you think Leaf fans are insufferable now, just wait and see if your team chokes this series against them. Youll never live it down.
I'm actually rooting for Toronto if Boston can't pull this out.

No other team would bring as much joy to as many people with a Cup win
View attachment 864521

Cant forget to post this!
Leading the series by a long shot in pts. Oldest player on the ice. smallest player on the ice.

Just quit pretending and admit you love him.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I'm actually rooting for Toronto if Boston can't pull this out.

No other team would bring as much joy to as many people with a Cup win

Leading the series by a long shot in pts. Oldest player on the ice. smallest player on the ice.

Just quit pretending and admit you love him.
Forgot to add biggest diver to that list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad