ECQF Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins at Philadelphia Flyers | 3:00 PM ET | NBC, CBC, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loseipeg

Oct 6, 2017
They aren't really all that great of a team this year and they weren't last year; the advanced stats paint a picture of them being a good team that will lose to the TB, BOS, WPG, maybe Nashville types, but their superstars are just something else. Kessel, Crosby, Malkin, Murray, and now Guentzel just come up big in the big games to the point where the Penguins don't really need to be elite defensively, to control play, or to really be the better team; they will win games on the back of superstar performances from those guys. I don't know exactly what Jake Guentzel is but as long as he is playing with one of Crosby, Malkin, or Kessel, he is just as good and just as productive as any player that he plays against.
Nah they got lucky last year. Sens were a bad team and nash didnt have johansen

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens have been a grinding team and that is their strength. Yes they can look as good or bad as anyone at times. But the real strength is knowing they will win a series as it progresses. Hard to beat them if they are reasonably healthy.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I had the Pens in six and so this is no surprise to me....but as a Flyer fan, if the couldn't win one game at home and couldn't beat the Pens without Malkin then they deserved fully to lose....

Reactions: member 51464

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
As bad as the Letang trip on Couturier was, the game was already over. Take out Guentzel's 3rd goal and Pittsburgh still wins. Philly defeated themselves in the second half of the game.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Remember when neutral fans were complaining that this series was too one-sided and boring? ;)

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Nah they got lucky last year. Sens were a bad team and nash didnt have johansen

Washington was arguably the best team in the NHL last year. They went into Washington's building for a massive game 7 and shut them out.

They were missing Letang for the entire playoffs. The Predators dominated them in the SCF, I think the Penguins set a record for the longest period of time without a shot on goal in a playoff game with 37 minutes? Yet, the first shot Pittsburgh had, they scored on.

The Senators were obviously terrible though. They definitely got lucky too but give some credit to their superstars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad