ECQF Game 4: Tampa Bay Lightning @ New Jersey Devils | 7:30 PM ET | SN, TVAS2, GOLF, MSG+, SUN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
MONDAY NIGHT MARKED A PIVOTAL MOMENT IN HISTORY: THE REDEMPTION OF THE SCHNEIDERMAN

28hi10.jpg

YES FOLKS, OUR BELOVED GINGER NINJA LOOKED LIKE HIS OLD SELF AGAIN. HERE'S TO GOOD HEALTH YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD.

28l4ue.jpg

THERE WERE LOTS OF POSITIVES LAST NIGHT, AND LOTS OF SURPRISES AS WELL

28l535.jpg

AND IT APPEARS WE'LL STILL BE WITHOUT OUR DOUBLE AGENT FOR A SECOND STRAIGHT GAME

26jwim.jpg

GAME 3 WAS EXACTLY WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED

28leek.jpg

WE MUST REMEMBER THE MENTALITY THAT GOT US TO WHERE WE ARE. NO ONE THOUGHT WE WOULD BE HERE!

28lehs.jpg

REMEMBER: NJD VS. EVERYBODY!

28hjg4.jpg

YOUR NEW JERSEY DEVILS CONFIRMED LINEUP:
#9 Taylor Hall (A) - #13 Nico Hischier - #21 Kyle Palmieri
#90 Marcus Johansson - #37 Pavel Zacha - #17 Patrick Maroon
#20 Blake Coleman - #19 Travis Zajac (A) - #23 Stefan Noesen
#44 Miles Wood - #11 Brian Boyle - #18 Drew Stafford

#6 Andy Greene (C) - #45 Sami Vatanen
#2 John Moore - #28 Damon Severson
#8 Will Butcher - #12 Ben Lovejoy

#35 Cory Schneider
#1 Keith Kinkaid

Scratches/Injuries:
#10 Jimmy Hayes (Healthy)
#16 Steven Santini (Healthy)
#25 Mirco Mueller (Healthy)
#31 Eddie Lack (Healthy)
#40 Michael Grabner (Healthy)
#63 Jesper Bratt (Healthy)

tumblr_ls4u7z4Q2o1qhgj0q.gif

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING PROJECTED LINEUP:
#10 J.T. Miller - #91 Steven Stamkos (C) - #86 Nikita Kucherov
#18 Ondrej Palat - #21 Brayden Point - #9 Tyler Johnson
#37 Yanni Gourde - #71 Anthony Cirelli - #17 Alex Killorn
#14 Chris Kunitz - #13 Cedric Paquette - #89 Cory Conacher

#77 Victor Hedman - #5 Dan Girardi
#27 Ryan McDonagh - #6 Anton Stralman
#55 Braydon Coburn - #98 Mikhail Sergachev

#88 Andrei Vasilevskiy
#70 Louis Domingue

SCRATCHES/INJURIES
#24 Ryan Callahan (Upper Body Injury, Day to Day)
#29 Slater Koekkoek (Healthy)
#31 Peter Budaj (Healthy)
#59 Jake Dotchin (Healthy)
#62 Andrej Sustr (Healthy)
#73 Adam Erne (Lower Body Injury, Out Indefinitely)

0c7.gif

Devils Playoff Leaders:
Goals: Hall/Coleman - 2
Assists: Hall - 3
+/-: Coleman - +3
PIM: Boyle - 14
PPG: Zajac/Butcher - 1
SHG: Coleman - 1
GWG: Noesen - 1

giphy.gif

Lightning Playoff Leaders:
Goals: Killorn - 4
Assists: Kucherov - 4
+/-: Palat/Johnson/Coburn - +1
PIM: Paquette/Sergachev - 12
PPG: Killorn - 3
SHG: None - 0
GWG: Kucherov/Gourde - 1

gtfo.gif

THOSE WHO THOUGHT WE'D GO QUIETLY WERE DEAD WRONG

giphy.gif

WE CONTINUE TO SHUT THE DOUBTERS UP

giphy.gif

WE SHOOK THE ROCK TO ITS CORE LAST GAME!

giphy.gif

AND WE HAVE A CHANCE TO DO WHAT WE DO, AND SHOCK THE SYSTEM ONCE MORE

giphy.gif

NJD VS. EVERYBODY

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

UiNXLqV.gif

HTTP3d3dy5naWZhbmltYWRvcy5jb20vR2lmcy1IdW1vci9BbmltYWNpb25lcy1QZXJzb25hcy1HcmFjaW9zYXMvU3BpZGVybWFuLURpdmVydGlkby9TcGlkZXJtYW4tVGhyaWxsZXItNjY4ODkuZ2lm.gif

EveryThreadEver.gif

tumblr_inline_n68h1pW34O1seqlqr.gif

giphy.gif

Tamfastic

Nov 24, 2014
So Hedman not suspended tonight? Need to see the Bolts from first two games + first line waking up! Stammer and Kuch wake the **** up!

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Let's go :bolts!!!

Please don't suck! :puppy:

Hoping for a game full of good hockey and less taking of stupid penalties.

And for those looking for Kucherov to step up and perform in these playoffs, our quiet Russian assassin has 6 points in 3 games.

Hall has 5. :cool:

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Someone in the series thread said even if TB wins the Cup, it won't be respected because we're too good. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

TB needs to play smart, not play down to the Devils, and not stoop to their level with the cheap stuff.

Play smart, play hard, and you can close this out at home.

Reactions: Stamper

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Excited to see Taylor Hall for the full game tonight. Whenever the Devils make the playoffs, they are never an easy out. I think this series will be tied 2-2.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Someone in the series thread said even if TB wins the Cup, it won't be respected because we're too good. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

TB needs to play smart, not play down to the Devils, and not stoop to their level with the cheap stuff.

Yeah I didn't quite follow that post. Some mumbo jumbo about giving us a middle finger unless we had a worse roster?

Go Bolts!

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I don't know how anyone could have watched the last game and objectively concluded Schneider looks like his old self.

His lateral movement still wasn't good. The D just played better and blocked some great chances.

He still doesn't look right to me.

Reactions: PopaneNightscare

AgentBrodeur

Jul 19, 2016
new jersey
Yeah I didn't quite follow that post. Some mumbo jumbo about giving us a middle finger unless we had a worse roster?

Go Bolts!

"Tampa bay rangers will do anything for a cup(Hedman spearing, McDonagh charging to kill, segarchev intent to injure) etc. They are like the caps, super power teams with nothing to show for it. Even if you win the cup, earned, but not respected. Win it with a team that is just not unrealistically stacked and I wont give your team a middle finger."

not quite what i said.

Anyone who says New Jersey has better PLAYERS overall is plain fantasy land. True winners are teams that can overcome adversity, and then earn MY respect ( i wasn't speaking for everyone ) IMO. The NJD are only in year 2 of a rebuild, remember, we were not even suppose to make the playoffs.

Getting in the playoffs, has made my heart full. I am actually able to watch the playoffs for fun and not screaming at every bad play. The only thing that started to get me salty again were the intents to injure. I know this is the playoffs, and its a entire new absolutely brutal game, but just because we came back a game, you almost took Hall out of the playoffs. You just stirred the bees nest on both sides.

Will see what effect that has. Get to see my first playoff game tonight in a long time!

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
"Tampa bay rangers will do anything for a cup(Hedman spearing, McDonagh charging to kill, segarchev intent to injure) etc. They are like the caps, super power teams with nothing to show for it. Even if you win the cup, earned, but not respected. Win it with a team that is just not unrealistically stacked and I wont give your team a middle finger."

not quite what i said.

Anyone who says New Jersey has better PLAYERS overall is plain fantasy land. True winners are teams that can overcome adversity, and then earn MY respect ( i wasn't speaking for everyone ) IMO. The NJD are only in year 2 of a rebuild, remember, we were not even suppose to make the playoffs.

Getting in the playoffs, has made my heart full. I am actually able to watch the playoffs for fun and not screaming at every bad play. The only thing that started to get me salty again were the intents to injure. I know this is the playoffs, and its a entire new absolutely brutal game, but just because we came back a game, you almost took Hall out of the playoffs. You just stirred the bees nest on both sides.

Will see what effect that has. Get to see my first playoff game tonight in a long time!

You're apparently an expert on the subject of fantasy land, so this is comforting.

Reactions: Stamper

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Thats ridiculous. We have a stacked roster, but its mostly from our own drafting and picking up under the radar guys that multiple teams passed on. Somebody needs to give credit where its due. McDonagh trade was a bit crazy but we are up against stacked teams like Boston and Pittsburgh. If he doesnt respect our stacked roster, I bet he doesnt respect Pittsburghs. They have arguably the 3 best players in the world. We have maybe 2 guys who are considered close to that. McDonagh people said isnt even a top 10 D. Its a competitive league, you better be able to build a great roster to compete with the teams at the top. We arent even there yet as we have to prove it.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I don't know how anyone could have watched the last game and objectively concluded Schneider looks like his old self.

His lateral movement still wasn't good. The D just played better and blocked some great chances.

He still doesn't look right to me.

Easy, he actually made timely saves and got a W. :)

In all seriousness, many of us (you included I'm sure) have thought he's been fighting through something ever since he tweaked his groin in October. I have serious doubts it's "just cramping" but he looked more confident than he's looked in quite a while between the pipes.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017

Luckily most people arent gullible enough to be reeled in by such idiocies

Then again you think NJs team is a single player so I guess it makes sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad