ECQF Game 4: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Philadelphia Flyers | 7 PM ET | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN, NBCSP, ATTSN-PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
What’s wrong with the Flyers organization? Any specific reasons why they are a joke?
Joke is a strong word but there’s no doubt that Philly has been trying to recapture the “Broad Street Bullies” days for years now. They’ve had a cavalcade of dirty players for quite some time now.

Actually this is probably the least goonish Flyer team I’ve seen in quite some time but they still have their moments.

Reactions: USMC607 and ncm7772

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
What’s wrong with the Flyers organization? Any specific reasons why they are a joke?
Spent significant years thinking the "Broad Street Bullies" was still a viable strategy in a league where speed and skill rule the day.

They are having a difficult time adjusting because they still have to sell seats during the regular season and thug hockey is what their fans still want. Plenty of fanbases say they wouldn't want Crosby on their team for one reason or another, that's mostly just jealousy and the realization they can't have him. In Philly I think it's the truth. Philly fans don't just want to win, they want to win THEIR way. The problem is THEIR was doesn't work anymore.

You have an organization that wants to be true to its roots yet compete in a league where that style of play just doesn't work. I do think in a couple more years they will have some of the younger kids getting better and getting significant minutes and the old bruiser attitude dying out and this will be a team that can contend.

Reactions: Bingo71 and Cellee

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Joke is a strong word but there’s no doubt that Philly has been trying to recapture the “Broad Street Bullies” days for years now. They’ve had a cavalcade of dirty players for quite some time now.

Actually this is probably the least goonish Flyer team I’ve seen in quite some time but they still have their moments.

I really can’t think of too many dirty players besides Gudas. I don’t think they have any more or any less dirty players than the average team. Also from watching this series like you said, they have zero physicality.

Watching the Jets series it’s like night and day.

Penguin Suited Up

Dec 26, 2017
I can't make out if the Pens are actually this good or if the Flyers are this bad.
I think it’s a combination. Pens are certainly playing better than their last 10 games of the regular season, but Philly would make any playoff team good at this point.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Spent significant years thinking the "Broad Street Bullies" was still a viable strategy in a league where speed and skill rule the day.

They are having a difficult time adjusting because they still have to sell seats during the regular season and thug hockey is what their fans still want. Plenty of fanbases say they wouldn't want Crosby on their team for one reason or another, that's mostly just jealousy and the realization they can't have him. In Philly I think it's the truth. Philly fans don't just want to win, they want to win THEIR way. The problem is THEIR was doesn't work anymore.

You have an organization that wants to be true to its roots yet compete in a league where that style of play just doesn't work. I do think in a couple more years they will have some of the younger kids getting better and getting significant minutes and the old bruiser attitude dying out and this will be a team that can contend.
Plus they have struggled to find a consistent goaltender for a few decades.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
If they make it that far, they will.

They aren't as good as the past two seasons.

I think that is incorrect... they definitely loafed for most of the regular season, but the only real places they aren't as good is depth at d past their starters and experience at the backup D position

People are looking at their play during the first half and last month of the regular season.. that is a bad mistake

If they lose its cause teams like Tampa and Boston built themselves better to handle the Pens style... not cause they aren't as good...

Reactions: ncm7772

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

So did you buy your first shirsey in '09 or '16?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

I just don’t see anything broad street bullies related in this team though. If you want a tough physical fast team I’d be lookin at the Jets.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I think that is incorrect... they definitely loafed for most of the regular season, but the only real places they aren't as good is depth at d past their starters and experience at the backup D position

People are looking at their play during the first half and last month of the regular season.. that is a bad mistake

If they lose its cause teams like Tampa and Boston built themselves better to handle the Pens style... not cause they aren't as good...
Hainsey got significant minutes last year. So I think we good.

TeeTee

Apr 20, 2016
Philly had no heart in game 4. This was like a regular season game. They should be embarrassed with their effort.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Of course you do.
I've had Pens as best team and my cup pick for last 2 playoffs but I've been saying Vegas is serious when people on here were laughing at them. They have copied the Pens blueprint well so the Pens might have a formidable challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad