ECQF Game 3: Boston Bruins (2) at Toronto Maple Leafs (3) 7 PM ET | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN, NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Leafs need to come out buzzing and score first.

If Boston scores first doubt will set in further and this series is over.

Reactions: wintersej

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm not sure where the idea that the Bruins are old or big comes from. The graphics below show they're actually young and small. In fact Toronto is both older and bigger.

NHL teams by age:

Screen-Shot-2018-01-11-at-10.48.43-PM.png

NHL teams by size

Screen-Shot-2018-01-11-at-10.49.43-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2018-01-11-at-10.50.28-PM.png

Now add Chara. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Ladyfan

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Good first two games by the Bruins. Leafs are looking like the Solar Bears so far.

Boston is an old and slow one-lined team. Let's see if their unmaintainable crash-and-bang style continues tonight - bet you it doesn't.

Leafs are now home, eating Momma's homemade ragu, ready to hit the ice with the fans loosing their **** to cheer them on.

Leafs in 6. And it'll look easy.
:popcorn::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Good first two games by the Bruins. Leafs are looking like the Solar Bears so far.

Boston is an old and slow one-lined team. Let's see if their unmaintainable crash-and-bang style continues tonight - bet you it doesn't.

Leafs are now home, eating Momma's homemade ragu, ready to hit the ice with the fans loosing their **** to cheer them on.

Bravo. It takes talent to have a troll post be this obvious and yet still have people fall for it

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now THIS is funny

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
Tell me about Riley Nash. Surprised to see him at C instead of Backes, but I don't see the B's much.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Daisy Jane made a post as GDT at 2 am asked someone to fill in graphics later as she usually does. so a mod copied images from the Boston thread and they had a fit, so somehow Boston get the GDT thread now.

WTF? Someone just created a thread and asked other people to do the grunt work fir the gdt? :laugh:

Okay!!!!.......

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Let's be honest you only think the Leafs win one so you can be there for the series clinch.
I have been hearing how good they are at home.

I am always worried as over the years I have seen the b's blow a lead in a series.

If the B's do sweep I am OK with that ! Save me $$$ I can put towards round #2.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Tell me about Riley Nash. Surprised to see him at C instead of Backes, but I don't see the B's much.

Really solid 3rd line two-way center who can play up the lineup on a good team.

He's been able to add some complementary offense (career year points wise) along with really solid defensive play.

He's a big part of the PK and his face-off ability allows the Bruins to move Backes to wing where he can use his physicality along the boards to wreak havok.

Reactions: Neely2005

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006

He's a revelation on the B's roster. Over the past couple of years grew into a responsible and hard-nosed center, who is good defensively 5v5 and is very good on PK. He also chips in some goals (41 points this year). Takes some pressure of Backes making the third line hard to score against.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
hehe. aside from the fact that the teams are not equal by a factor of about five dressed defensemen, TOR has been awful from coach to goalie except a Mitch. right from the first (non)goal they have been headslappingly misguided in preparedness and on-the-fly choosing of options. it is absolutely baffling that people still see a road to recovery. this is now.

I don't imagine TBL faring much better. chances TOR beats BOS I see around NJD's like 3% likelihood. TBL and PIT are probably like 30% to me. the Eastern matchup seeming most likely to jam BOS up may be CBJ around 33%. WPG just barely breaks 50% -- if still healthy by then -- and some other finals matchups could contend with the best team in the league, but... the TOR homers are painting themselves with some absurd strokes today.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Looks like no Gryzleck. Though loss for Bruins ability to move the puck. Expect the Bruins to lean heavily on the top 4 IF the game is close.

Losing Carlo and Gryzleck reduce mobility. But having Nash back is huge if he is not too rusty. The Bruins bottom 6 is much more balanced with him centering Backes and Heinen. This allows Acciari to play his usual 4th line role. Holden is more physical but less mobile. I think you are right. B's will lean on their top 4 a lot tonight. Holden gets 14-15 mins tonight as a #6. B's will be hard to beat.

Reactions: wintersej

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
2nd best defensive forward on the team, and can chip in offensively.

Very solid positionally with a good stick. Not overly physical but is pretty rangy and is good at protecting the puck. Not the quickest skater and plays a slower, more mechanical game. Giveaway/takeaway stats are pretty arbitrary, but his numbers reflect his game very well: in good position to remove the puck from opponents a lot of the time, and only very rarely will give up the puck due to his safer, more efficient game. Not great on faceoffs. He won't stand out as being awful, but he's below average.

Nothing great about his offensive skillset, but he's just kind of decent across the board. His defensive play is easily the main standout.

I think he's the main reason for the Bruins success up front outside of the top line. Nothing flashy, but he completely solidified the 3rd line. The Heinen-Nash-Backes connection was great this year with Heinen's puck control skills, Backes' crash and bang style, and Nash just being the steadying presence in the middle.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Riley Nash back is huge. Especially if Krejci has to play against Plenakec who owns him.

Gryz being out sucks. Holden-McQuaid is not a pretty looking pairing. Hopefully they can be sheltered or they can surprise. Bs are cursed with defensemen injuries in the playoffs!

If Bruins win tonight the series is over. Don't give Toronto hope. Let's go boys!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad