ECQF Game 2: NJ Devils (WC2) @ TB Lightning (1) 3 PM ET | SNE, SNO, TVAS2, NBC, CNBC

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I wish the Lightning would stop taking it easy once they get a substantial lead but I don't want them going all out when up by 4 goals either. Just need to find a good middle ground. But a win is a win whether it's by 6 goals or 1.
Classic Tampa, go up 3+ goals then get lazy in the last 20 minutes. Game should have never got this interesting.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Mad for what again? I’m actually cheering for Tampa Bay because I loaded up on their players in my playoff pool.
im not sure, guess you're jealous of my posting prowess? i dunno. it's ok though, im just a natural. i realize this is an edgy opinion, but i'm not ashamed to say it because i have confidence and moxie.

if you want you can mock my for not using my shift key next and see if that works

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
How I feel they play on the road and their results can be two different things.

I simply don’t think they play as well on the road
it's literally not quantifiable since we haven't seen them play a single away playoff game this season.

but the ability for jersey to line match will be an interesting angle.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Welp. That was a real ugly third period, but Vasy stood tall. I don't see things changing in NJ. Just too much depth in Tampa.

They're gonna make it a hell of a lot harder than it has to be if they don't commit to 60 minutes, though.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Devils finally show some life, although it when they're down by four. Kudos for getting two. If they can bring some of that in the first then maybe these games will be a bit closer.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
How will we shut down the Zacha line, I do not know.
haha, turning off my trolling mood, i legitimately just don't know if stammer/miller will start scoring. even if they turn their attention to the second line. i hope so, because that's the point of rolling four lines.

im not worried about the devils depth.

coleman looked good though. i remember someone mentioning that he was going to give us "fits"

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
haha, turning off my trolling mood, i legitimately just don't know if stammer/miller will start scoring. even if they turn their attention to the second line. i hope so, because that's the point of rolling four lines.

im not worried about the devils depth.

coleman looked good though. i remember someone mentioning that he was going to give us "fits"
This is why you fail. You never turn it off on the main boards. Rule #1.

Reactions: VinikToWinIt

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Tampa absolutely outclassed us game 1, but game 2 was much closer. Yeah, I get that some will argue that score effects played a role, but they're not going to score 5 goals on 16 shots again. Sucks that we're down 0-2, but this is exactly the type of high-flying action packed series I wanted. Much more exciting than playing against a slower more physical team like the Caps. Hopefully Hall goes completely ham in the games in NJ and we make a series of it.

Loving playoff hockey either way and I'm sure the team is too. Much better than golfing like those scrub Panthers and their fans.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
So you have nothing to back up your claim that they intentionally tanked a game for a match up?

They sat their best player? It's not as if he was over worked this season, he played 76 games.

They didn't want the Pens, they made a choice, it was clearly a bad one.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
They sat their best player? It's not as if he was over worked this season, he played 76 games.

They didn't want the Pens, they made a choice, it was clearly a bad one.
Maybe they wanted the Bruins and just got screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad