GDT: ECQF Game #1; Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins | Series Tied 0-0 | 7PM CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
The blackhawks would like a word.

Toronto needs to play their game, not get sucked into this crap Boston plays. Finish their hits and all that sure, but we don’t need to play like them. Skate and play a skilled, fast game and most of their team can’t play with us.

I mean more hard on the puck. That Rielly play was total amature. The Pleks play was soft positionally. PP was soft down low.

Reactions: Blufreezy

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Could be looking at an entirely different game if he did what should have been an obvious challenge on the 1st goal...

Oh yeah - to the Koolaid Krew, funny how you guys never **** with the constant Babcock praise yet never a word when he does blatantly stupid things.

That was a real dumb decison

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Reiner kept us in the last one tbh. The only reason the series went to 7 is because he stole games 5 and 6. Majority of Leafs fans forget this fact.

Reimer sucks in general. But Ander5en has been playing Reimeresque hockey for the 2nd half of the season and he's playing Toskalaesque tonight. Maybe game 2 he'll be Raycroftesque.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I'm very disappointed in their overall effort. They did well after they tied it up, but then the wheels fell off and they've been trash ever since.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
did you see the powerplays?
if the answer is yes - you would know that the two of the three we had, the leafs did everything but score. there were several opportunities to score.

if the answer is no, then this statement is just your general "I don't want Komarov playing." (which - i don't either, but blaming tonight's lack of scoring on Komarov - is not fair and just complaining).

What's your point? Small things make big differences? I agree, that's why we need SKILL and OFFENSE on our top pp.

I love how Pittsburgh just plays their top 3 for pretty much all 2 minutes, meanwhile we have 4th line bums who score at .09gpg on our top pp because of herocock's obsession with gud pros and gud lines.

Komarov is an offensive dead end, he doesn't need to have terrible misses or terrible plays for me to know that he doesn't belong on the ice, let alone the top pp. It doesn't have to DIRECTLY be his fault for people to realize he is a negative on our PP.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
The last time Leafs won Game 1 was against Philadelphia, where they got knocked out in the first round. Toronto sports really has this thing about not winning the first game. Thou shall play from behind, always.

Reactions: The Cobra and Smif

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
So don't give me this 5 game BS, if the play had been called Kadri wouldn't have had to payback Wingels

Maybe, but he let the emotion get to him and should be suspended for his reaction. Had he dropped his gloves and pummelled the guy I’d be OK. NO HEAD SHOTS

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
I wouldn’t say rattled. But we’re not surviving if the Bruins are allowed to double team Marner and do the classic accidental on purpose stuff either. At this point I wouldn’t mind some liberties taken on Pastrnak and Krug and friends either.

The Bruins get away with crap like that because they've mastered the art. Sure Marner took a bump but it didn't seem to phase him much.

Kadri however made no attempt to hide the fact he was taking a run at Wingels and if he had hit him another foot or two to the left it could have been a broken neck. I know we're all Leafs fans here but there's no justifying that hit.

Reactions: meefer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->