ECQF Game 1: Columbus (WC1) at Washington Caps (1) 7:30 PM ET | SN360, TVAS3, USA, NBCSWA, FS-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I don't care what anyone says. There was still pressure on the Caps. And tonight just made it worse. This series is far from over and the Caps could very well advance. But there is pressure. Lots of it. Caps fans - I'm not talking smack. Just voicing an opinion.

As far as the actual game, what an effort from Panarin.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Stupid game decided by the refs. They made a number of ticky tack calls early and then tried to even it up late.

Reactions: Dumais

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010
Why Ovechkin? He got the team here... This is the same scenario as game 7 Caps vs NYR...
No he didn't.

Capitals should have started shopping Ovechkin 5-6 years ago. Trade him for a top line winger (+) with a 2-3 million lower cap hit.

Ovechkin is detrimental at ES, Kuznetsov has been carrying him past 2 years. This is not debatable.

Furthermore, assuming Ovi is traded, most of his pp goal production would be transfered to Kuzy/Backstrom/Oshie..

When all is said and done, Ovechkin gives the capitals a slightly better power play (with a 9+ million cap hit) and nothing else.

But yea Leonsis will never trade him because the average cap fan is new to hockey and only understands DUDE GOALS. If they do end up trading him I'm sure it will be too little too late.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Wilson being a liability like i predicted. Bad penalty on a cheap hit by him that Columbus scored on then on the next PK, he couldn't clear the puck which also ended up in the net to tie the game 3-3....i love being right :cool:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
No he didn't.

Capitals should have started shopping Ovechkin 5-6 years ago. Trade him for a top line winger (+) with a 2-3 million lower cap hit.

Ovechkin is detrimental at ES, Kuznetsov has been carrying him past 2 years. This is not debatable.

Furthermore, assuming Ovi is traded, most of his pp goal production would be transfered to Kuzy/Backstrom/Oshie..

When all is said and done, Ovechkin gives the capitals a slightly better power play (with a 9+ million cap hit) and nothing else.

But yea Leonsis will never trade him because the average cap fan is new to hockey and only understands DUDE GOALS. If they do end up trading him I'm sure it will be too little too late.

Wat8.jpg

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Wilson being a liability like i predicted. Bad penalty on a cheap hit by him that Columbus scored on then on the next PK, he couldn't clear the puck which also ended up in the net to tie the game 3-3....i love being right :cool:
We'll see if Wilson is around for game 2. After a headshot like that, he may be getting a phone call from Toronto. In a game where one game misconduct had already been handed out, he was lucky to only get two minutes.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

illpucks

May 26, 2011
No he didn't.

If Ovi is bad at ES then how he win the Rocket, and Laine had more pp goals?
If Kuzy carrying Ovi how Ovi has 38 assists 87 points and Kuzy only 83? Difference was more than 15 points but Kuznetsov had a strong finish

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I don't care what anyone says. There was still pressure on the Caps. And tonight just made it worse. This series is far from over and the Caps could very well advance. But there is pressure. Lots of it. Caps fans - I'm not talking smack. Just voicing an opinion.

As far as the actual game, what an effort from Panarin.

There may be pressure on the Caps players I have no idea, but I can tell you from the Caps fans side and our boards, WE don't care that much. :laugh::laugh: Apathy was the biggest victor after the last two seasons ended the way they did.

To be honest, and this is just how I feel, I would they rather lose in round one then lose to the Pens in round two.

Reactions: ncm7772

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
People in this thread. Panarin didn't create his own shot like that in Chicago. In Columbus he is THE guy. Its his team. In Chicago he was still deferring too much. Could he learn? Absolutely. Im pissed we traded him and am wearing his jersey right now.

Panarin was the reason Patrick Kane had the best season of his career. That's why they were stupid to deal him. Plays like he made tonight make it astronomically more stupid.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
There may be pressure on the Caps players I have no idea, but I can tell you from the Caps fans side and our boards, WE don't care that much. :laugh::laugh: Apathy was the biggest victor after last season ended.

To be honest, and this is just how I feel, I would they rather lose in round one then lose to the Pens in round two.

Understandable. Again, I wasn't talking smack. It's nice to have an actual conversation with a rival fan!

Reactions: Sam Spade

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010
If Ovi is bad at ES then how he win the Rocket, and Laine had more pp goals?
If Kuzy carrying Ovi how Ovi has 38 assists 87 points and Kuzy only 83? Difference was more than 15 points but Kuznetsov had a strong finish

Like I said, DUDE GOALS. Watch the tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad