Series Talk: ECQF: Florida Panthers vs Tampa Bay Lightning (FLA leads 3-1)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Lightning in 4

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Lightning in 5

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Lightning in 6

Votes: 71 10.7%
  • Lightning in 7

Votes: 133 20.1%
  • Panthers in 4

Votes: 27 4.1%
  • Panthers in 5

Votes: 89 13.4%
  • Panthers in 6

Votes: 204 30.8%
  • Panthers in 7

Votes: 122 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BullyHockey

Dec 26, 2023
If Vasy is the Vasy of old, Tampa in 6 or 7.... If not I think Panthers are just too sound. Gonna be a tough out for either team.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Is this a big rivalry? It should be with both teams only a few hours drive apart.
It's only really started to be recently. I mean the games have always gotten pretty physical and there's been brawls here and there over the years but both teams were never good at the same time until now so it's hard to call a big rivalry quite yet unless the Panthers return the favor in the playoffs.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
If vasy plays like a god and Stammer/Kuch and Point do the normal playoff run type things we win if we get Vasy from last years playoffs against the leafs this will be a very short playoffs.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
It's only really started to be recently. I mean the games have always gotten pretty physical and there's been brawls here and there over the years but both teams were never good at the same time until now so it's hard to call a big rivalry quite yet unless the Panthers return the favor in the playoffs.

I felt after that 1st round series 3 years ago that the rivalry had been ignited as it was the best first round series. We won the presidents trophy after and met in the 2nd round. Then we laid an egg and it was a shit series. But now we’re hoping we’re back to being an intense series and the rivalry picks up.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
1-1 in their last 2 meetings........The first 2 periods in the game in Toronto combined with the first period last night is 7-1 Toronto......3rd period in the game in Toronto and the second period last night were dominated by Florida ..

Having said all that i wouldn't be scared to play the Panthers at all if i was the Leafs.....Some of the Panther fans on this site overrate their team.....They're not that good......
Compelling breakdown as to why they’re “not that good.”

Bennett is still there though.
What?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Panthers should win, but the vet Bolts team won’t go down easy though. Fun series

Reactions: Devonator

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I’m interested to watch Bob in this series.

Can he repeat his play last year?

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Probably the only other East series I'll actively watch all games of. Should be a battle. I think it's going 7.

Me too, from my perspective as a Leaf fan this series should be great to watch.

I took Tampa in 6 because I don’t believe in Bobrovsky.

But selfishly, I’d like the Leafs to beat both the Bruins and the Panthers on their way to the cup. They’ve already beaten Tamapa

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Picked Panthers in 7 but I can see an upset if Vasi finds his game

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Vasilevskiy is the wildcard in this one. Lack of depth and injuries likely catch up with Tampa. Panthers in 6.

He is but still a long ways off. No chance he plays this series.
WHAT? He doesn’t have the mystical healing powers of Mark Stone????

F**K Vegas!!!!

MajorLeaf

Maj. Conn Smythe
Dec 19, 2008
Ontario
This is a series that will be the most fun to watch for sure. As a neutral fan hard to pick which team moves on as both are good!

It may come down to goaltending on this one with both teams having veteran goaltenders it will depend who rises to the occasion. Tampa has the edge in playoff experience, but even then Florida learned a lot from last year and can still give Tampa a run. Good series ahead.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Compelling breakdown as to why they’re “not that good.”

What?
I’ll give you a hint: they beat Toronto’s ass so he has to cope.

Me too, from my perspective as a Leaf fan this series should be great to watch.

I took Tampa in 6 because I don’t believe in Bobrovsky.

But selfishly, I’d like the Leafs to beat both the Bruins and the Panthers on their way to the cup. They’ve already beaten Tamapa
Shocking!

Reactions: Laus723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad