Series Talk: ECQF: Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Islanders (CAR Leads 3-1)

CAR vs NYI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Lol 3-0 this was over when the series was announced the Canes barely need their "C" game to beat the Isles...

Carolinas "C" game >>>>>>>> NYI "A game"

So much for the Pisles being "hot"
You are right about one thing, that when you get the breaks and the calls the Canes get, the Isles are not good enough to overcome that even with their A game. But if you think the way the Canes are playing in this series will get it done against Florida or the Rags or Boston you will be sadly mistaken.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
F it - trade us Varlamov in the off-season.

We'll take on his 20 year contract you guys decided to give him.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
You are right about one thing, that when you get the breaks and the calls the Canes get, the Isles are not good enough to overcome that even with their A game. But if you think the way the Canes are playing in this series will get it done against Florida or the Rags or Boston you will be sadly mistaken.
Good teams make their own breaks. Saying that Carolina got the breaks and the Islanders didn't is just a way to cope with being destroyed by a better team.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

They might beat Florida but as I've said for days they lose in 5 or 6 to the Rangers and I'd bet the Shestyerkin/Andersen difference is largely why. Goaltending has pretty much killed the Canes in every series they've lost since 2019 and I see no reason why it won't again.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Islanders and Capitals getting wrecked makes that very fun eastern conference playoff race a long distant memory already lmao

I'm not sure if Boston/Toronto winner might actually benefit from playing another 2-3 games. The other 3 series might honestly all end in sweeps. I could see Tampa maybe winning game 4 but at least 2 teams are gonna sit around for a week which is not always good

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Damn, feels so bad for the Islanders... you are the better team, play better, but your opponent getting the W's...

giphy.webp

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
East was pretty weak aside from 3 teams this year.
Ehh, it goes in ebbs and flows. It makes sense that the power shifted the other way, the Caps Bolts and Pens were dominant for a long time, all are declining.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Lol that would be some upset

You got 29 save freddie!
He was a stud!

It's definitely curious. Varly hasn't exactly been an issue for the team this series, but then you go with Sorokin and tonight happens. And again, despite what ESPN kept saying I'm not sure you can really blame him for any of the goals tonight. The first was tipped by his own man in front of the net, and the last 2 were completely screened. Tough to pull him, but I get it if you want to kick the team in the pants, it's worked for the Canes in the past.

Just a few more. Had a couple nice ones, hope you are enjoyed them.
He was great. Acrobatic

Reactions: NikoEhlers

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
They might beat Florida but as I've said for days they lose in 5 or 6 to the Rangers and I'd bet the Shestyerkin/Andersen difference is largely why. Goaltending has pretty much killed the Canes in every series they've lost since 2019 and I see no reason why it won't again.
I'm not sure about that. Canes have smothering D and Igor can be rattled. I think any of the 4 can win vs each other. Counting Boston as well

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

How can you have watched this series and still believe Carolina’s issue is goaltending? Andersen has made some unreal saves in these games that have prevented the Islanders from tying or taking the lead.

If the Canes face the Rangers, it’ll come down to special teams. The Rangers rely on their PP, the Canes PK has been stellar all year. Whichever one cracks first will likely lead to their team’s loss.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Islanders and Capitals getting wrecked makes that very fun eastern conference playoff race a long distant memory already lmao
+ Lightning.

Have there ever been 3 sweeps in Round 1 in one Conference? I dont think Tampa goes quietly into the night, but you never know...

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Wrong once again on your assessment of the Canes but that’s fine. Goaltending falling in the playoffs has almost always been a false narrative. It’s been scoring and special teams that ultimately what have led to series losses.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Lol at saying the Canes goaltending is the problem after the saves Freddie made last night. And that's on the back of a .951 save % since he came back from his medical issue as well as putting up stellar numbers in the run last year that was only outdone by a combination of a Canes inability to score meeting up with a red hot Bob.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
How do we keep losing to this Bunch of Jerks! Show up you f**ks.
Frankly, cause your not very good. Your offense has little to no star power Barzel would be the 4th or 5th best scoring option on the Canes. Your defense is pretty trash, your special teams isn't even close to the Canes and despite what you may think Valarmov/Sorokin are no where near Freddy and Koochie.

Reactions: rick6668

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Wrong once again on your assessment of the Canes but that’s fine. Goaltending falling in the playoffs has almost always been a false narrative. It’s been scoring and special teams that ultimately what have led to series losses.
Agree with most of your comments but would say the Canes lost in 7 games the other year because Raanta /Pyotr were not as good (a healthy Freddie and Canes win)

Reactions: Stickpucker

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Every series is different. Isles cup wins in their heyday were typically slow starts and then raised their play in later rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad