Series Talk: ECQF: Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Islanders (CAR Leads 3-1)

CAR vs NYI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

Yeah but the Islanders won the shot blocking battle! :)

By "gooning" I meant more letting frustration through and committing dumb penalties. I tip my cap to that the Canes aren't a team afraid of contact their style just offers less opportunity to hit.

The mismatch I'm talking about isn't gonna show up as a dominating goal differential it's more that the Canes have the ability to play their absolute worst and still beat the Islanders, it's more that the Islanders need their absolute best game and the Canes absolute worst to win at this point. The Canes won't quit no matter what the score is they will make you pay for every mistake.

I'm probably overly optimistic I just have a team of destiny feel for this team.
Your team is stacked and I have them going to the finals in my bracket. Still gotta win two more to get to round 2 though...

Reactions: Stickpucker

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
He was our number 8 with injuries to Ekblad and Montour to start the year, played less than 5 games then was picked up off waivers.

He is just a guy
Does anyone know why Mike Reilly is top PP instead of Dobson?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Does anyone know why Mike Reilly is top PP instead of Dobson?

I did not see the full game but many Isles fans said it was apparent to some degree Dobson is not 100% based on his skating and maybe that is why he is getting less PP time

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Here’s Nelson feeding Guentzel in last year’s Da Beauty League

Any word on why Nelson went after Guentzel on the ENG?

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Any word on why Nelson went after Guentzel on the ENG?
Not sure. It was strange. Don't know if something happened earlier in the game or if there was some smack talking. Obviously frustration boiled over. Not a good look though.

NYI is 1-4 at home against Carolina and 1-6 on the road in the playoffs (3 total series)

Isles won game 5 in Carolina last season and are a combined 2-10 vs the Canes in the post season all time
Yes but when game 3 against Carolina is at home, NYI is undefeated. ;)

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Palmieri and the other islander going after Guenztel for the empty netter shows you just how dumb most hockey players are.

As far as I saw nobody asked them in media if something was said but I assume it was

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

bcp68Tn.gif

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I guess he was upset because Guentzel emphatically shot the puck in? Though there were a couple of slashes before that. And then the celebration to his face really ticked Nelson off.

In any case, lame.

Maybe. I do know there was a case in recent years where someone literally fired a slap shot into an empty net (not the incident this year) and they actually got a 2 minute misconduct over it, this is going back at least 5 years

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
He played quite well in the latter portion of the season and Sorokin has been pretty mediocre this year

Sorokin was pretty bad this season, he was also fairly bad in the series vs Carolina last year. I felt he got scarred by that series perhaps because he has not really been the same since

Reactions: Eegs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna