Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (BOS Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.2%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 20.4%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 29.5%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 258 17.1%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.5%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 191 12.7%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 152 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Well aware of the original intention I was just deflecting. I was a goalie. I'm used to saving the day. Ottawa's organization pre-Andlauer was a dysfunctional wrecking ball so it comes with the territory. In fairness a lot of those signings were done under Dorion. But It's something every Sens fan is aware of.

Not one Ottawa fan hides behind the 7-years of futility. Doesn't take away from us calling you the Laffs. It's somewhat a rivalry I guess with the close proximity geographically. It's all in good fun just relax man and enjoy your series against Boston. I actually think you guys can finally beat them and get the monkey off your back but I'll be cheering hard against you of course. 😂
well... we both got something to Laff about I guess lol
not going to lie I like Ottawa's core and I dunno why they did so bad. I figured they would be fighting for a playoff spot this year especially after Stutzle with 90 point season

and thats fine I expect most sens fans would. would be a tough decision between Ottawa and Boston who to cheer for

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Soft players need to be coddled, sometimes little whisper in ear and a soft kiss on the neck is all that’s needed to get them going.
Completely agree. This world needs more kindness. Good on Keefe. :laugh:

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
"The past three Presidents' Trophy winners all went to the Stanley Cup Final the year after claiming the trophy, and two of them won it all."

Well that settles that. Congrats, Bruins!

Reactions: BronxBruin

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I voted Leafs in 7 because they are arguably a better team than last season in terms of roster construction and the Bruins are arguably worse than last year

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Debrusk is 6'1 and all bones, guy folded like a piece of paper.

Omg Marchand out muscled the skinniest guy, Liljegren, on the team ? Wow. You also realize Marchand and the Bruins have been extremely soft since Chara left. Marchand was hiding from Domi the entire night lmfao, Domi, he was a bad choice for C, doesn't have any qualities you want in a leader, was puzzling since the last two B's to wear the C were all class.

• Love
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
The history between these two organization is must watch playoffs. Not a huge fan of either team, (We're divisional rivals trying to kill each other) But still respect both clubs enough to hope for a well-played series that's injury free. Series has star-power that brings it up another notch, and adds to why NHL 1st round playoff Hockey is the best!

Good luck each side, should be a dozy

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Imagine thinking a soft player to the tune some posters go on about scoring 69 goals in the NHL lol. As if for 82 games they just let him do as he pleases
Scoring is way up this year, he’s a soft player in a soft league. But I’d take him on the b’s in a heartbeat , even if he’s squishy.

• Haha
Reactions: HockeyVirus

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I'm picking Boston ( shocking - right ???? ) in 5 games. Boston wins the first 3 games although they are all close games with at least 1 game going to OT. Toronto blows them out in Game 4 to avoid the sweep but Boston returns the favour with an easy win in Game 5. :nod:

BullyHockey

Dec 26, 2023
Other than Pastranak, there aren't really any lethal offensive threats on the Bs(maybe Marchand, if he picks it up). With Toronto spreading their top guys around it'll be hard for the Bs to contain them, though they have the defensive commitment and system to do it. If they play like the first half of the season, I think they'll win, otherwise Ulmark or Sway will have to stand on their heads like usual.

But if the leafs top guys show up and their defense and goaltending is above average, I think they'll win. That center depth difference is massive. It'll go 6 or 7 either way.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Scoring is way up this year, he’s a soft player in a soft league. But I’d take him on the b’s in a heartbeat , even if he’s squishy.

Scoring is the same as it has been the past few seasons. He had 51 even strength goals alone, which only 2 players surpassed in total. While playing a great defensive game.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Can we all at least admit that Marchand looks like one of those wormy kids growing up who would have a beef with a guy on the baseball diamond, act as if everything is cool and then while riding his bike safely half a mile away he would start shouting at the kid, calling him the worst names?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
With the Bruins loading up their top defense pairing, a lot will depend on the Leafs secondary scoring ability. Marner, Nylander and Tavares will need to take advantage of less difficult matchups if the Leafs expect to have any success in this series.

And, at the same time, those guys are gonna have to be working to shutdown Pasta. I really think that it’s going to be one of those series where home and road are just going to have massively different matchups.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
voodoo-doll-boston-bruins.gif

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Can we all at least admit that Marchand looks like one of those wormy kids growing up who would have a beef with a guy on the baseball diamond, act as if everything is cool and then while riding his bike safely half a mile away he would start shouting at the kid, calling him the worst names?
Nah he'd be in your face the whole time. He's many things, but afraid of conflict sure ain't one of em

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Nah he'd be in your face the whole time. He's many things, but afraid of conflict sure ain't one of em
Perhaps in a controlled environment. I don't know, he has that wormy look. We all know the types when we were kids lol. Or, they had the big brother just in case they upset the wrong kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad