Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (BOS Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.2%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 20.4%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 29.5%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 258 17.1%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.5%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 191 12.7%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 152 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Debrusk is 6'1 and all bones, guy folded like a piece of paper.

Omg Marchand out muscled the skinniest guy, Liljegren, on the team ? Wow. You also realize Marchand and the Bruins have been extremely soft since Chara left. Marchand was hiding from Domi the entire night lmfao, Domi, he was a bad choice for C, doesn't have any qualities you want in a leader, was puzzling since the last two B's to wear the C were all class.

Here we go! Not even game 1 yet!

• Love
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Most of the pressure to win is on Toronto. Their core has a lot to prove when it comes to the playoffs. Boston wilted under pressure last playoffs and will be looser, albeit less talented, this year. Neither team is built well enough to win the Cup this season but it should be an entertaining series.
I think there is a ton of pressure on Boston as well. They are favored, they have home ice advantage, and they are looking to atone for last year's first round collapse.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I like that this thread is already teetering on the edge of nastiness and pot shots.

I think once the games actually start this could be an all time high for people losing their shit. Big infraction season I believe.

Of course I could be wrong, Maybe Leafs and their fans just don't show?

Pat Maroon talking about Bruins putting on their work boots and doing hard work together.

Meanwhile, at end of RS game #82, Keefe sure looked like he was saying soothing sweet things to a very mopey Matthews after he fell short of 70. Maybe Leafs have already done the most important part of their season? Again.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I like that this thread is already teetering on the edge of nastiness and pot shots.

I think once the games actually start this could be an all time high for people losing their shit. Big infraction season I believe.

Of course I could be wrong, Maybe Leafs and their fans just don't show?

Pat Maroon talking about Bruins putting on their work boots and doing hard work together.

Meanwhile, at end of RS game #82, Keefe sure looked like he was saying soothing sweet things to a very mopey Matthews after he fell short of 70. Maybe Leafs have already done the most important part of their season? Again.
Matthews didn't really seem mopey at all in the post-game. You want nastiness and this is the best you can do? Saying that Keefe was whispering in Matthews ear? lol.

Reactions: Enniskillen

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Matthews didn't really seem mopey at all in the post-game. You want nastiness and this is the best you can do? Saying that Keefe was whispering in Matthews ear? lol.
Wasn't trying to be nasty. Just thought it was a sweet gesture for Keefe to console AM and wanted to recognize him for it. Lovely in a kind of tender way, really.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Curious to see if the Leafs get Tyler Bertuzzi from last playoffs as a Bruin, where he was their best player and he put up 10pts in 7 games.

If they do, he has to be on the top line with Matthews and Marner to elevate them.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Curious to see if the Leafs get Tyler Bertuzzi from last playoffs as a Bruin, where he was their best player and he put up 10pts in 7 games.

If they do, he has to be on the top line with Matthews and Marner to elevate them.
Although He also made several plays that led right to FL goals

• Love
Reactions: Laus723

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Debrusk is 6'1 and all bones, guy folded like a piece of paper.

Omg Marchand out muscled the skinniest guy, Liljegren, on the team ? Wow. You also realize Marchand and the Bruins have been extremely soft since Chara left. Marchand was hiding from Domi the entire night lmfao, Domi, he was a bad choice for C, doesn't have any qualities you want in a leader, was puzzling since the last two B's to wear the C were all class.
Brad is a very good captain. He is also one of the toughest guys on the team. He isn't tall but pretty strong.

You are just jealous he isn't on your team.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I think there is a ton of pressure on Boston as well. They are favored, they have home ice advantage, and they are looking to atone for last year's first round collapse.
Maybe for some guys in the organization who don't have a lot of years left.

But generally, as a fan, this was supposed to be a transition year. Anything good come playoff time is gravy.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
This is not the same Bruins team it once was. You’d think the Leafs would welcome the challenge to slay the dragon

Reactions: AvroArrow

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I thought the Bruins were the underdog?

Leafs have a big advantage with forwards.

I

Hoping Boston gets past round 1 this year
That is what I hope for too.

Maybe for some guys in the organization who don't have a lot of years left.

But generally, as a fan, this was supposed to be a transition year. Anything good come playoff time is gravy.
I want them to get to round 2 and I will be happy.

of course...if they do I may want more.

Reactions: roccerfeller

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

He was draped over the boards on the bench with his coach reassuring him that 70 is not important after 60 minutes of the team wide effort to spoonfeed goal 70. It certainly was on Matthews' mind.

Bertuzzi was very far from the Bruins best player - what narrative is this? Lazy at best anywhere outside of the offensive zone and cost the Bruins as many goals against as goals for...

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
By far, it's more pressure on Toronto. Any relief from finally getting through the 1st round last season got wiped out when they got wiped out by Florida in a series that Toronto was expected to win, was expecting to win.

Everything in the offseason, all the roster moves whether done or not done, all the talk all season long, has pointed toward right now. The roster is complete, pretty much everyone is expected to play, the team even doubled down on the current roster with the Nylander extension, ... there's no excuses at this point. A series loss here probably means the end of Sheldon Keefe behind the bench, and it casts a searing spotlight on Brendan Shanahan who's the architect of all of this.

Reactions: Over the volcano

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Most of the pressure to win is on Toronto. Their core has a lot to prove when it comes to the playoffs.
Fun fact:The leafs all-time playoff point leader is (still) Doug Gilmour and he was only there for 4 years.

Matthews has been with leafs much longer and has a knack of disappearing especially if things get rough.

When things got rough...Killer thrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad