Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (BOS Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.2%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 20.4%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 29.5%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 258 17.1%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.5%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 191 12.7%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 152 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Earlier this season

That's captain material right there :laugh: butter soft Bruins since Chara left, very dirty though but I think we'll see the Leafs physically bully the Bruins, especially the little guys like Marchand and Debrusk. Will be interesting to see what Marchand does this series, he won't have Chara to hide behind.

Love how quick you switch from complaining about how the refs will be against the leafs - to posting this crosscheck to the face after the whistle that resulted in no penalty at all.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Is there any word on if the Bruins are going to continue splitting their goaltending duties at least until one of them falters? I can’t imagine they turn away from that after last years disaster

Earlier this season

That's captain material right there :laugh: butter soft Bruins since Chara left, very dirty though but I think we'll see the Leafs physically bully the Bruins, especially the little guys like Marchand and Debrusk. Will be interesting to see what Marchand does this series, he won't have Chara to hide behind.

Didn’t you lose that game like 4-1? :laugh:

Serpico

Aug 16, 2020
NYC
Too bad Lucic turned out to be a scumbag off the ice because we could've used him for the playoffs. We have Maroon though who seems to be a good luck charm for teams in the playoffs.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
For sure - but his health is a big factor in the series IMO.
Sure...But they won't be announcing his injury (if there is one).

I sit right next to the Bs bench in Boston, and I know a couple of the players are already playing with an injury. Do you think I will post who and what injury on HF?....No f***ing way.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Love how quick you switch from complaining about how the refs will be against the leafs - to posting this crosscheck to the face after the whistle that resulted in no penalty at all.
Go read my other posts a bit slower, I'm calling out Wes McCauley and Chris Lee for being horrible and am hoping we don't get either of them.

That cross check to the face led to a 5 on 3 for Boston ? What are you talking about, resulted in no penalty at all lmao, clueless post

Reactions: ACC1224

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Earlier this season

The Bruins had to get Maroon because they’ve been noticeably soft this year.

Reactions: Score8

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Earlier this season

The odd homerism aside, you realize Debrusk is something around 6'1 correct?
You also realize Marchand has played without Chara for a while now and still outmuscled Liljigrin with ease, not even intimidated by Reaves' postgame interview toughness.

Bullying is different than outright penalties as in your video. By the way, the Bruins were pummeling the Leafs with heavy hits in that game so this is a remarkably questionable interpretation. The softest version of the Bruins in decades were still more than capable of pushing back with ease. The Leafs are the last team to intimidate any other - they will need to stick to the offense winning games, of which there is plenty of talent.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Sure...But they won't be announcing his injury (if there is one).

I sit right next to the Bs bench in Boston, and I know a couple of the players are already playing with an injury. Do you think I will post who and what injury on HF?....No f***ing way.
Sheeeeeeeeet, how will any know……including you.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
On paper, I like the matchup for Toronto. Boston has their own demons and aren’t nearly the same team they used to be. But I don’t trust Toronto’s mental makeup at all. They can be resilient one minute and fragile the next. So Bruins in 6.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
You also realize Marchand has played without Chara for a while now and still outmuscled Liljigrin with ease, not even intimidated by Reaves' postgame interview toughness.

Bullying is different than outright penalties as in your video. By the way, the Bruins were pummeling the Leafs with heavy hits in that game so this is a remarkably questionable interpretation. The softest version of the Bruins in decades were still more than capable of pushing back with ease. The Leafs are the last team to intimidate any other - they will need to stick to the offense winning games, of which there is plenty of talent.

Liljegren seems to be the designated weak link the chain that teams like to exploit physically to see if it wears him down in the attrition game. I notice that happening a lot and expect Boston will funnel a lot of the cheap stuff at him.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Liljegren seems to be the designated weak link the chain that teams like to exploit physically to see if it wears him down in the attrition game. I notice that happening a lot and expect Boston will funnel a lot of the cheap stuff at him.
Fortunately for the Leafs Maroon is the most capable but the slowest player in the NHL so his forecheck will be months late.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
With the Bruins loading up their top defense pairing, a lot will depend on the Leafs secondary scoring ability. Marner, Nylander and Tavares will need to take advantage of less difficult matchups if the Leafs expect to have any success in this series.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Too bad Lucic turned out to be a scumbag off the ice because we could've used him for the playoffs. We have Maroon though who seems to be a good luck charm for teams in the playoffs.
We got the best of him last year, maby his luck has finally run out.

Hell after 3 cups in a row i dont think hel complain

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
Bruins will go up 3-1, Leafs will fight valiantly to game 7 overtime where Bruins will clutch. I just don't see the Leafs mental being strong enough. Matthews looked nervous and rattled trying for goal #70, which pretty much sums up their mentality. So close yet so far. Prove me wrong Leafs. I'd love to see it.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I mean the refs did manufacture a 5 on 3 for you there. If they gave McCabe a double minor like they should have it would have been worse for you guys. Assuming most people would prefer a 2 minute 5 on 3 to 4 minutes 5 on 4 anyways.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Debrusk is 6'1 and all bones, guy folded like a piece of paper.

Omg Marchand out muscled the skinniest guy, Liljegren, on the team ? Wow. You also realize Marchand and the Bruins have been extremely soft since Chara left. Marchand was hiding from Domi the entire night lmfao, Domi, he was a bad choice for C, doesn't have any qualities you want in a leader, was puzzling since the last two B's to wear the C were all class.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Most of the pressure to win is on Toronto. Their core has a lot to prove when it comes to the playoffs. Boston wilted under pressure last playoffs and will be looser, albeit less talented, this year. Neither team is built well enough to win the Cup this season but it should be an entertaining series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad