Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
The glove throw moment changed the series. From there the leafs have been the superior team
LOL that was halfway though game 4. Yeah the Leafs played better than the Bruins in game 5. Fairly small sample size.

This is something you should probably save for when the series is decided to determine.

Reactions: Barnum

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
I've fully resigned myself to the fact the B's are going to take us out again. Been that way since after Saturday night. The fall isn't as hard if you're ready for it.

But holy f***, if the Leafs win tomorrow, I'll be camping out here for the two-day meltdown leading up to Game 7.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
So for anyone who will be making any low-hanging fruit type of jokes about Matthews’ illness....go with, gas station SUSHI. Then it’ll be ok.
Now if it’s the Leafs Robertson you’re talking about, it might be better to use the taco pic, while avoiding any reference to sushi :sarcasm:

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
May as well, he doesn't need one. Plays like he has no balls with all the turtling and diving.
Let me guess...Marchand snuck into your home during the night, ate your freshly baked apple pie, then wiped his butt on your curtains...It's happened to all of us (only for me it was pecan pie :mad:).

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Wow buddy Marchand owns you.

No, he really does turtle and dive.

No doubt Marchand is a great player, legend at antagonizing & playing mind games with foes, and he's had the Leafs number this year too. But that whole segment with Holmsberg was embarrassing, not only another Marchand Specialty Dive but topped off by being manhandled by a linesman and then turtling. To a linesman.

Hilarious stuff and hey, the Bruins have owned the Leafs forever and they'll still probably win this series, so at least let us have our moment of well-deserved ridiculing the B's star. (And when I say 'let us have', I'm not really asking, just being polite).

• Haha
Reactions: PB37

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I would like to apologize on behalf of Leafs fans that are level-headed, and note that some of us realize a single win itself a) is not a comeback and b) we are still losing in the series, 3-2.

I hope the next 1 or 2 games are, at the very least, entertaining. The hockey thus far has been a little on the mediocre side and likely will not be adequate against Florida.

As a side note, f*** Sheldon Keefe.
On a unrelated note, your avatar has made my day!

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
the level of marchand trolling know no ends, he played half ass last night just to make sure he could go back to toronto and finish them in their own building.

• Haha
Reactions: Roric

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
I've fully resigned myself to the fact the B's are going to take us out again. Been that way since after Saturday night. The fall isn't as hard if you're ready for it.

But holy f***, if the Leafs win tomorrow, I'll be camping out here for the two-day meltdown leading up to Game 7.

Yeah, I'm mentally prepared for another Boston defeat, but for some reason I feel like Leafs are going to blow Boston out Game 6, chase Swayman etc.

Probably a very hot take.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
the level of marchand trolling know no ends, he played half ass last night just to make sure he could go back to toronto and finish them in their own building.
giphy.gif

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
No, he really does turtle and dive.

No doubt Marchand is a great player, legend at antagonizing & playing mind games with foes, and he's had the Leafs number this year too. But that whole segment with Holmsberg was embarrassing, not only another Marchand Specialty Dive but topped off by being manhandled by a linesman and then turtling. To a linesman.

Hilarious stuff and hey, the Bruins have owned the Leafs forever and they'll still probably win this series, so at least let us have our moment of well-deserved ridiculing the B's star. (And when I say 'let us have', I'm not really asking, just being polite).

Someone doesn't have a clue.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Injuries and not playing Woll from game 1 is gonna be the nail in the coffin for the leafs

People talk about Mathews and Nylander missing time, most people don't know leafs are also missing a 15-goal scorer from their lineup with speed and physicality, who was a huge in the leafs top 6 for chemistry purposes. He could've been a huge difference maker in a series like this

Just not meant to be for the leafs as usual

Why do Leafs fans act like they are the only team dealing with injuries?

There’s not a single team that’s healthy and winning despite injuries is what separates the good teams and elite teams

Reactions: sampollock

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I would like to apologize on behalf of Leafs fans that are level-headed, and note that some of us realize a single win itself a) is not a comeback and b) we are still losing in the series, 3-2.

I hope the next 1 or 2 games are, at the very least, entertaining. The hockey thus far has been a little on the mediocre side and likely will not be adequate against Florida.

As a side note, f*** Sheldon Keefe.
Some people are acting like they weren't one shot away from elimination. It's probably a good idea to keep some humility and level headless. Good job!

No more than Cryers fans do
what's a cryer? I don't see that team in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad