Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
IMG_3242.jpeg

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
All I learned from tonight is Florida is gonna steamroll whoever comes out of this series. It was like watching two regular season teams sleepwalking through a game.
You never know. There's been plenty of years where a team dominates round 1 and is expected to easily beat their 2nd round opponent and struggle to continue their form from the first round.

Whether it's because of how the teams matchup, injuries, or hot/cold goaltending, it's very difficult to gauge a playoff series before it starts. Especially once you get into the 2nd round or deeper.

I'm sure the 2nd round series will eb entertaining and a highly contested affair.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
No, it isn't. Fans still expect the Leafs to build a winning team.

Right, which is why we ran it back after last year. High standards. :laugh:

You have to admit as a fan, though, losing in the second round last year was a little refreshing.

If the leafs organization isn’t in cup or bust mode at this point it’s completely rat f***** management wise

Think you gotta lean the latter there, if we're being honest with ourselves.

Last year's effort resulted in extension offers.

LeafAttack

Feb 18, 2019
Leafs played like they didnt give a shit about being pretty ,for most of the game anyway...keep it up FFS.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
You act like the Bruins are some model winning franchise lol. They've won once in like 50 years?

Whats the Bruins excuse for only winning once with Patrice Bergeron on the team for 20 years.
One could argue that the bruins have more egregious choke jobs in the last 10 years than the leafs

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Right, which is why we ran it back after last year. High standards. :laugh:

You have to admit as a fan, though, losing in the second round last year was a little refreshing.
It was a step towards the goal and more rounds equals more hockey so yeah, it was. It just wasn't good enough.

So one more home game for Boston in this year's playoffs :cool:
That would be ideal for me.

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
If the leafs organization isn’t in cup or bust mode at this point it’s completely rat f***** management wise
Which signs would indicate that this team can win a cup? 1 round win in 8 tries

Its a cash cow for betting sites though. Forget tickets and views, now you have a group of fans who will put money down on their team

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
One could argue that the bruins have more egregious choke jobs in the last 10 years than the leafs

They do but because Tim Thomas saved their ass one time it all gets washed away for some reason.

Let's remind a few folks about the great Bruins:

Choke against Philly. Up 3-0 in the series and 3-0 in Game 7. Lost it anyways.

Against Chicago late in the game. Up 2-1 and about to win and force a Game 7. 2 U's 2 K's two goals in 17 seconds. Didn't even get to OT.

St Louis at home Game 7. Got embarrassed.

Best season in NHL history. Up 3-1 and well they lost.

So many chokes for a team that will have 6 hall of Famers during that time frame: Thomas, Rask, Bergeron, Chara, Marchand and Pastrnak.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Just because I picked the Bruins in 7, doesn’t mean they’re not allowed to win in fewer games. Ugh.

I still think they’ll win the series, but for everyone’s sake, I just hope it ends on Thursday.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Just because I picked the Bruins in 7, doesn’t mean they’re not allowed to win in fewer games. Ugh.

I still think they’ll win the series, but for everyone’s sake, I just hope it ends on Thursday.
Not me as that would mean a Bruins win.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018

As a neutral fan (leaning Bruins, cuz 🇨🇿) I treasure the idea of Bruins winning in G7 because of the memes.

Reactions: rfournier103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad