Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Nylander was talking to Matthews there not Marner.
"Stop f___ing cry, bro. This is the f___ing issue, guys f___ing pissed about s___"

And 100% talking to Matthews. Looking right at him.

My only questions are what did Keefe bend down and say to Matthews and what was Matthews crying about?

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Just gonna' relax. If we're gonna' get whacked then make it quick and clean, Beantown.

1000006036.gif

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
No you wouldn’t

Now that Florida is through you’re hoping for a worn out opponent in rnd 2
:sarcasm: even if your ulterior motive detector may be right on the mark..
It can’t happen without the Leafs making a series out of it. So I’d like to see the Leafs make a series out of it.

My ulterior motive is even more self serving, as I was the one telling friends that the Leafs were gonna be a tough out for whoever faced them in round one, because, “They have to be really pissed off about last season’s ending, and will bring much better this time.” :dunno:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Bergeron is also suffering from a cracked rib, torn rib cartilage and a separated shoulder. It is unclear how and when the punctured lung occurred.

Winger Milan Lucic also expressed his admiration for his teammate.

"Just his willingness to play in that game and to leave it all out there is really impressive," Lucic said. "Playing through what he played through and his will to win. And that's why he's basically won every trophy a guy can win, that's why he's one of our main leaders in this hockey club. He's shown how important of a player he is. And it was pretty inspirational to see him suck it up and play Game 6, and I think that's why we had such a great start. Hopefully he can get some much-needed rest here and heal up his injury 100 percent too, so he's ready to go next year."

Bergeron finished the playoffs with nine goals and 15 points in 22 games.

Last edited:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Nylander was talking to Matthews there not Marner.
Yeah, Matthews appeared to be looking at Nylander, not Marner, when saying whatever he said, then Nylander said quit crying....
Marner just in between them getting upset about it all(?)

Supposedly Willie was mic’ed up for that game...
Shame we’ll never hear any thing from it lol.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Bergeron is also suffering from a cracked rib, torn rib cartilage and a separated shoulder. It is unclear how and when the punctured lung occurred.

Winger Milan Lucic also expressed his admiration for his teammate.

"Just his willingness to play in that game and to leave it all out there is really impressive," Lucic said. "Playing through what he played through and his will to win. And that's why he's basically won every trophy a guy can win, that's why he's one of our main leaders in this hockey club. He's shown how important of a player he is. And it was pretty inspirational to see him suck it up and play Game 6, and I think that's why we had such a great start. Hopefully he can get some much-needed rest here and heal up his injury 100 percent too, so he's ready to go next year."

Bergeron finished the playoffs with nine goals and 15 points in 22 games.
Even Bozak played with broken ribs for us in 2013 game 7 vs Boston. I recall Joe Thornton playing on 1 leg a few years ago, torn acl in one knee. Matthew Tkachuk last year.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I get it. And everyone does it, but this ridiculous game of secrecy when it comes to injuries absolutely buries your own guys. In order to be in danger of missing a playoff game, Matthews must be extremely ill. This started last week. It's not food poisoning or a 24-hour bug. I mean, I don't want to speculate, but if he's in the room and on the bench, it's not even a stomach flu you can spread. It's utterly ludicrous and I wish the league would step in and demand more transparency for all teams.
I don't see any reason for the League demanding more transparency. I can think of three areas impacted by not knowing severity of injuries or illness:

Fans: I get it that we're all anxious to know what to expect, but once the anthems are sung we know what's what.

Gambling: I think there is too much emphasis on gambling already. Every time some ref has one of those wtf games or they call back a goal on a razor thin debatable call there are a lot of people who worry that the fix is in already. Don't think League should require benefiting another team by telling them who is hurt and how much just in order to help the bookies set the odds.

Sim Teams: Personal view here, but I don't care on bit about this one bit.

As far as "absolutely buries your own guys", not sure I follow. What do you mean?

Reactions: jgatie

Strangle

May 4, 2009
:sarcasm: even if your ulterior motive detector may be right on the mark..
It can’t happen without the Leafs making a series out of it. So I’d like to see the Leafs make a series out of it.

My ulterior motive is even more self serving, as I was the one telling friends that the Leafs were gonna be a tough out for whoever faced them in round one, because, “They have to be really pissed off about last season’s ending, and will bring much better this time.” :dunno:

Hey man, I get it lol

I’m the first one in line challenging this team to prove to me that I have them all wrong

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Difference is everyone cried during the ending of Ol’ Yeller.
😆

Very good point.

We may lament the nightmare season and the era of futility, but I'm not sure many in Leafland will be sorry to see this end.

I'm ready for the off-season.

... Though if they pull off a miracle I'm more than happy to look like a total idiot. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad