Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Hey, look, a Habs fan talking about the past. I’m shocked.

Easy there, cowboy. You’re the first team to ever finish in 32nd place.
Again dude, I have no idea why you are trying to bust on a Hab fan about “the past”. The Habs have been successful in relatively recent times. While the Leafs haven’t won a thing since most of us on here were alive. Trust me, this is not the winning burn/zinger you think it is.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Exactly what the Leafs are missing. And the people clamoring for Tavares to loose the C and to make Matthews captain...

The C and the title Captain are largely figureheading. A good team has multiple leaders, and the whole 'He's the best player make him the Captain' is stupid. Also, people saying 'This is Matthews' team'... that's admitting that Matthews is a poor leader if this is what his team plays like and projects.
The best player isn't always a good leader.

Dec 15, 2002
Once the Leafs are eliminated, I'd certainly hope Sheldon Keefe would be fired for the sake of Leaf fans. He's done nothing with this core. I'm not saying this whole mess has been his fault but he's gotta be at least part of the problem. He's coached the team for years with miniscule success.
I hope Leafs brass comes up with excuses for why they didn't win this year either and decide to run it back one more time, just in case "next year is finally our year."

And then I hope outrage among Leafs fans explodes and gets directed at the one guy who's still here through all of the Leafs failures, and who way too many people are giving either a free pass or a welyahbut.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
This is actually a bridge/rebuild year for the Bruins. The bruins need a 1C and another solid winger before they can really contend. I don’t think there is a Bruins fan anywhere that has any delusions about what this team really is.

Telling us they’re probably going to lose the next series against a team almost all of think is better isn’t going to hurt our feelings. *IF* the Bruins somehow manage to squeak by the Leafs, then we shall see what happens. Win or lose, it will be another 1 to 2 weeks of playoff hockey for Bruins fans.

True. In fairness to Boston fans, heading into the playoffs their sentiment was pretty much hopefully the Bruins can do the usual playoff beating of the Leafs, then whatever happens next happens. I can't recall any Boston fans proclaiming they are going deep into the playoffs and winning the Cup this year. They've been a humble bunch of fans this season since the team was never supposed to do much until next season when they have a lot better cap situation.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Because those players haven’t even played a full game together this series.
Every game theybhave played with:

Rielly, Marner, Tavares, and either Matthews or Nylander.

You think missing just one of those players for 3 games or just one of those players for one period is enough to justify 7pts in 17 games?

Actually what you said makes no sense. I’m counting the combined games they DID play. In the games they have played, they have scored at a combined 0.41pts/game

The excuses are so insane from Leaf fans, I’ll let someone else take over from here

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
At the risk of angering those who want to hear another post about the Leafs, did anyone else notice how smart, big, and strong the BOS depth players are? Once they went up 3-0 they barely made a mistake, just forechecked like hell, always had an extra man back, no "creative" passes, with the possible exception of Pasta, and that's part of the deal with players like that. Shattenkirk kind of worries me, but he has so much help his deficiencies are hidden.

Coyle looks so rock solid and engaged. If only scientists could find a way to keep him playing like this, and prevent his on ice hibernation periods.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
You're being disingenuous I work with a whole bunch of very grown up men that are life time leaf fans and had the same mentality. Just because they're home with their families doesn't mean they didn't think otherwise.
Wait. Are you telling me that your co-worker Leaf fans would have rather played the #8 seed as opposed to the team with the best regular season record ever, and one that has beaten the Leafs three times (soon to be four) in 11 years?

Wow. That’s, um, crazy.

Fact: the “we want Florida” chant came from a group of drunk kids in MLS.

Reactions: MikeK

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Every game theybhave played with:

Rielly, Marner, Tavares, and either Matthews or Nylander.

You think missing just one of those players for 3 games or just one of those players for one period is enough to justify 7pts in 17 games?

Actually what you said makes no sense. I’m counting the combined games they DID play. In the games they have played, they have scored at a combined 0.41pts/game

The excuses are so insane from Leaf fans, I’ll let someone else take over from here

The big 3 are: Nylander, Matthews, Marner. They have yet to play a full game with all 3.

You adding a bunch of names to the list doesn’t make it any more special. You might as well name the whole roster at that point.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The big 3 are: Nylander, Matthews, Marner. They have yet to play a full game with all 3.

You adding a bunch of names to the list doesn’t make it any more special. You might as well name the whole roster at that point.
And the Bruins only have two stars to play together at one time.

Reactions: Realgud

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
And the Bruins only have two stars to play together at one time.

They use that cap space on other players.

If the Leafs didn’t have those players it’s not like they’re going to just ignore the cap space. They’d probably have a better goalie or D.

The reason they don’t have a better goalie or D is because they’re using that cap on those players - so it’s clearly important that they play.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Wait wait. You're saying the leafs are down 3-1 because the big 3 have yet to play together, but also, the leafs are losing because the big 3 absorb too much cap space.

No, why would I be saying that? It makes no sense.

I’m saying the players the Leafs spent the majority of their cap on are important players.

Saying the Leafs don’t need Nylander or Matthews because they got other forwards is basically saying they should play under the cap.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad