Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
And leafs fans were chanting “we want Florida” and lost in 5.

Give that Florida team a little respect

So true. Not to mention, what does any of that have to do with this series. I fail to see how any of the regular season, or past seasons, have to do with this playoff series and how that makes it the goalies fault. As always with certain brainwashed fans, the players can do no wrong. It's always the goalie and coaches.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
So true. Not to mention, what does any of that have to do with this series. I fail to see how any of the regular season, or past seasons, have to do with this playoff series and how that makes it the goalies fault. As always with certain brainwashed fans, the players can do no wrong. It's always the goalie and coaches.

Boston fans were blaming Ullmark for losing last year and now are going around and saying you can’t blame the goalie with an even worse goalie performance. The irony.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
It's absolutely true.

Reactions: MikeK

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Again, what does any of that have to do with this series?

Samsonov has sucked. He’s let in a few bad goals. Boston had nothing Game 3 until Samsonov lets in a bantam hockey goal in a game the Leafs lose by 1 - but you can’t blame Samsonov?

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I don't feel bad for them. This is fabulous. The Leafs had plenty of offense and needed to spend money in other areas but didn't. Leafs' fans were so gleeful when they signed PJB and it was their downfall. They denigrated Isles' fans, and to this day can't understand why Isles' fans would be pissed at how PJB went out. They talk on this board and other social media as if they have won 5 Cups in 10 years, yet they've won zilch. They insult Habs and OTT fans as if their team is that much more superior. If regular season stats is what they're shooting for, then congrats!!

Well, come on. Let’s be fair here. These leafs are f***ing terrible

But they are miles better than the Habs and the sens

Let’s not get ridiculous

Reactions: RedHawkDown

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
That wasn’t my question. What was his save percentage in the 3 games you’re referencing?
It’s not great.
Guess who’s also isn’t great? Alex Georgiev who’s sporting an impressive .857sv% in his series.

And guess what? His team is leading their series, amazing right!

Do you know why that is? Because the players they pay the big bucks to perform, are performing to cover his faults.

Are you noticing a difference here?

Reilly, Marner, Tavares, Matthews, Nylander:

Combined games played: 17gp/7pts

Rantanen, Makar, Mackinnon, Nikushkin

Combined: 12gp/19pts

Don’t even get me started what the big guys in Edmonton are doing in front of Skinner and his bad play LOL

(Hint: they have a combined 12gp/28pts)

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
It’s not great.

So what is it?

You've been avoiding the question for 3 posts now.

What’s Samsonov’s save percentage in the 3 games where he holds no responsibility for the losses?

It’s tough to argue he’s not to blame when you’re so embarrassed of the number you’re scared to type it lol

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Marner in the regular season

1714314342814.png

Marner in the playoffs
1714314325151.png

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
So what is it?

You've been avoiding the question for 3 posts now.
His for the series is 883

Slight better than Skinner, and much better than Georgiev

Now, can you walk me through why those two teams have a lead in their series while Toronto is down 3-1? Could it be the hilarious discrepancy between the play of their stars and yours?

Even better, can you also name me which goalies would have them in the lead in their series on a team who’s scored a combined 7G in 4 games?

If you need a goalie to have a better than 1.4gaa to win, then you don’t have a goalie problem

Last edited:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
It's really not good, the Leafs team is just significantly worse - I'd be surprised if Boston made it past round 2.

Watch other series and you'll agree lol
This is actually a bridge/rebuild year for the Bruins. The bruins need a 1C and another solid winger before they can really contend. I don’t think there is a Bruins fan anywhere that has any delusions about what this team really is.

Telling us they’re probably going to lose the next series against a team almost all of think is better isn’t going to hurt our feelings. *IF* the Bruins somehow manage to squeak by the Leafs, then we shall see what happens. Win or lose, it will be another 1 to 2 weeks of playoff hockey for Bruins fans.
they will want revenge vs florida . florida wont streamroll them it be 6-7games series
Oh I’m sure about that. I don’t think the Bruins have enough talent up front to win that series, but it could be interesting.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
His for the series is 883

Slight better than Skinner, and much better than Georgiev

Now, can you walk me through why those two teams have a lead in their series while Toronto is down 3-1? Could it be the hilarious discrepancy between the play of their stars and yours?

Even better, can you also name me which goalies would have them in the lead in their series on a team who’s scored a combined 7G in 5 games?

Those teams have leads because they’re playing goalies with a save percentage below Samsonov’s.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
People talk about the gap in goaltending and defense but those aren’t the biggest issues imo- the leafs have scored more than 2 goals like once in the last dozen or so playoff games

The biggest gap to me through the first 4 games of the series is the impact being made on the games by the respective captains. Tavares can play so he has the talent to change things as soon as Tuesday but he's just not engaged at all so far. As of now he’s his usual robot self and acting like these are mid-December games. Compare that to Marchand who has more or less put the team on his back in the last couple games, both physically and spiritually/mentally. THAT guy has been doing what a captain should do

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Once the Leafs are eliminated, I'd certainly hope Sheldon Keefe would be fired for the sake of Leaf fans. He's done nothing with this core. I'm not saying this whole mess has been his fault but he's gotta be at least part of the problem. He's coached the team for years with miniscule success.

I'm also thinking that they will have to trade a major piece of their forward core for a goalie, a good defenseman, and perhaps a few other smaller assets. It's wild how wrong things have gone in Toronto.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Those teams have leads because they’re playing goalies with an even lower save percentage than theirs.
One of those goalies are the litteral Vezina winner this season, kind of unanimously viewed as the best in the world.

Colorado and Edmontons stars came to play. Leaf’s have not. It’s that simple.

I’ll reiterate once again. If you need a goalie to have a BETTER than 1.4gaa to be leading this series, you do not have a goalie problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad