Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Leaf Fans : See see! Matthews backchecks! He deserves the selke!!!!!
Entire league: ..... um ... yeah.. that's what you're supposed to do, especially as a center🤔🤔 You're expecting a participation trophy for this?😏😏😅

The loudest the crowd ever was is after the slightest routine Matthews hit. He has it comfortable for a few more years at least. Marner and Tavares will be the scape goats it appears.

ShippinUpToBoston

May 19, 2010
Plymouth, MA
I don't feel bad for them. This is fabulous. The Leafs had plenty of offense and needed to spend money in other areas but didn't. Leafs' fans were so gleeful when they signed PJB and it was their downfall. They denigrated Isles' fans, and to this day can't understand why Isles' fans would be pissed at how PJB went out. They talk on this board and other social media as if they have won 5 Cups in 10 years, yet they've won zilch. They insult Habs and OTT fans as if their team is that much more superior. If regular season stats is what they're shooting for, then congrats!!
I know there are a lot of really good and knowledgeable Leaf fans, unfortunately they’re always drowned out by the bad ones, no different from Boston, Montreal or anywhere else for that matter so when I laugh at Leaf fans it’s only the bad ones, I do feel bad for the good fans because this sucks to watch your team do this year after year. Reminds me of the Red Sox before 04.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
It doesn’t hurt to try. This series has taught us Samsonov will not give the Leafs a save when they need it. Keefe loves Samsonov though, there was absolutely no reason not to play Woll in the third period of Game 1 to see how he does.

I’d be pretty surprised if Samsonov is re-signed after this season so I really don’t understand the loyalty to him. At least get your future goalie some experience to see if he’s good enough.
Samsonov won you game 2

your team has scored a combined 4G in the remaining 3 games

Leaf fans: it’s all Samsonovs fault!

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
I can’t wait for people to stop saying that Boston’s team is not that good this year.
It's really not good, the Leafs team is just significantly worse - I'd be surprised if Boston made it past round 2.

Watch other series and you'll agree lol

ShippinUpToBoston

May 19, 2010
Plymouth, MA
That seems disrespectful to the playoff success of Thornton and Marleau.
Agree. I liked when Boston traded Thornton. Not what we got for him but the financial flexibility it gave us to go out and get the right players who eventually won us a Cup. Toronto needs to do the same if they ever want to win.

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
I've never seen a team that is in such desperate need of leadership and a winning persona, never once go out and get that. There are very few teams that win the Cup on just their own players alone, most winning teams gather winning experience by picking the bones of past cup winners. This franchise in this era? Marleau, Thornton, Spezza... etc etc haven't won. Is Tampa's run over? Start there, start picking those bones, Pittsburgh is signing their skeletons long term so that's no help.

These guys don't know how to win in the NHL Playoffs, start going after St 'Louis, Tampa, Washington. See what you can get from Colorado and Vegas. It's mind boggling how this Leafs franchise picks the bones of the losing Cup teams.

It's the wrong type of bones I tell ya!!!!

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
It doesn’t hurt to try. This series has taught us Samsonov will not give the Leafs a save when they need it. Keefe loves Samsonov though, there was absolutely no reason not to play Woll in the third period of Game 1 to see how he does.

I’d be pretty surprised if Samsonov is re-signed after this season so I really don’t understand the loyalty to him. At least get your future goalie some experience to see if he’s good enough.

Toronto's star players have been no-shows. Goaltending has not been the issue. I get it though, you're fed marketing hype and BS every season for 8 years and now you truly believe that Marner, Matthews and the rest of the core are superstar players who are tops around the league. You're emotionally invested to the point where you can't see reality and believe the players can do no wrong. It's easy to blame the goaltending or the coaches because they are the one constant change and you don't have the same investment level in them as you do the no-show players.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
I was honestly hoping that my 4 to 1 prediction wouldn't come to light but I have seen this s*** show (on repeat) for too long. 7 goals in 4 games? Bruins have had 15 goals in that same time frame.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I’m skeptical that any forward group ever could’ve won a Cup with this putrid defense group.
Marner, Matthews, Nylander, Tavares are the highest paid guys and leaders. They showed no interest in competing this gam
it’s unfortunate all the forwards took their bags instead of leaving space to build a defense or find a capable goalie
amd then those high paid guys play like they don’t care. These guys aren’t Sundin, Clarke, or Tucker. Elite skill for sure but lack the willingness to make the physical, and mental sacrifices to lead.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I seem to remember a team that had a 3-to-1 series lead in the playoffs, three years ago. Then they blew it.
Can't seem to recall the team or who they were playing, though. Hmmmm...

Reactions: D Wakaluk

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Toronto's star players have been no-shows. Goaltending has not been the issue. I get it though, you're fed marketing hype and BS every season for 8 years and now you truly believe that Marner, Matthews and the rest of the core are superstar players who are tops around the league. You're emotionally invested to the point where you can't see reality and believe the players can do no wrong. It's easy to blame the goaltending or the coaches because they are the one constant change and you don't have the same investment level in them as you do the no-show players.

Easy there ChatGPT.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Truth can hurt sometimes.

Samsonov has been an issue, he’s been an issue all season. He cleared waivers this season with better stats than he had in this series. Every team could have had him on an expiring contract for free, every team declined.

ShippinUpToBoston

May 19, 2010
Plymouth, MA
It's really not good, the Leafs team is just significantly worse - I'd be surprised if Boston made it past round 2.

Watch other series and you'll agree lol
This was the only team I felt Boston could beat. We can match up against a skilled fast team, we can’t match up against a tough physical team. Sweeney and Neely have ignored that part of the game and it costs us every year. Maroon isn’t the answer. If we can hold on to win this series I don’t see us beating Florida.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Samsonov has been an issue, he’s been an issue all season. He cleared waivers with better stats than he had in this series. Every team could have had him on an expiring contract for free, every team declined.

Lol. What does any of that have to do with the playoff series? You are so far gone there is no point in discussing this further. You are incapable of seeing things clearly. Like I said though, I get it. You've been borderline brainwashed into believing the players are gods so you are unable to see things any other way. It's easier for you to process when you put it on the goalie or the coaches.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Samsonov has been an issue, he’s been an issue all season. He cleared waivers with better stats than he had in this series. Every team could have had him on an expiring contract for free, every team declined.

You love to see it.

“Respect in the handshake line has entered the chat”

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Lol. What does any of that have to do with the playoff series? You are so far gone there is no point in discussing this further. You are incapable of seeing things clearly. Like I said though, I get it. You've been borderline brainwashed into believing the players are gods so you are unable to see things any other way. It's easier for you to process when you put it on the goalie or the coaches.

Boston blew a 3-1 lead just last season and they were saying the same bs to Florida after Game 4 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad