Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The series isn’t over, yet.

I don’t blame Matthews or Nylander for how things have shaken out so far.

Tavares and Marner have to go though. Leafs need to be able to create a team that can win 2-1 if the shots aren’t going in.

They need to go even if it means letting them walk for nothing at all.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Seems like Matthews ate his own hype after game2 and got a wicked food poisoning. If you've seen the takes here you know thats a mean turd to swallow.

Nylander, the guy who never gets injured ... get's ... migraine for trying to reach 100p in the regular season..? Looked a little wobbly coming back, but still had looked to have more impact than the rest of the core gang.

Marner is a 12y old trapped in a 14y old body. Can't play consistent effective hockey in the playoffs. Can, not.

Tavares - doesn't get better with age.

Samsonov. There's a reason why Caps didn't want this guy. Got way too much leeway after the series win last year. Not mentally built for a #1 goalie.

Like I said before the series. Leafs have nothing going for them. That temper tantrum gif is the perfect way to sum this era for them. They never had it. They can't - and they won't.
Imo the Leafs top minute guys aren’t willing to get a bloody nose.

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
Imo the Leafs top minute guys aren’t willing to get a bloody nose.

Yeah, that is the thing. You can overanalyze, blame injuries, blame the reffs - but that thing is always the bottom line. They won't put in the work needed in playoffs. They just won't.

So one could ask why is that - and will they ever want to change that fact.

Short answer. No.

Reactions: Fatass

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
marner is as good as gone in the off season if they lose game 5 I would say.. keefe also. and if there smart dont resign tarvaras even if he offers to stay for 3-4million the guy is finished as someone who can help a contending team god hes awful
I believe he has a full NTC so thats up to Marner and Marner alone. I could see Leafs get nothing for him. if they retained 50% prob soem takers but accepting is on Marner

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Then both had success if the goal was just to win a series or a few games
Although, one team has seen the Cup Final and won a round here and there. I’m not saying I’m totally satisfied with the last 15 years but we are definitely not the same.

You can try to soften this loss all you want but you and I know the last two games went right up your ass, sideways.

Reactions: Raithe

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Yeah, that is the thing. You can overanalyze, blame injuries, blame the reffs - but that thing is always the bottom line. They won't put in the work needed in playoffs. They just won't.

Short answer. No.
In hindsight Babcock was absolutely right about this core.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
when Keefe didn't go 6 on 4 late in the game on his PP, that's when you knew he had zero juevos in his boxers.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
overdrive monday and wednesday will be interesting if they get elminated tuesday night lol
They are the most bipolar analysts ever.

Last year after they got eliminated they said they needed to blow up the core 4. Then near free agency they said maybe we need to run it back. I can only imagine what excuses Hayes and O Dog have this time.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Short answer. No.
Yup. Some of those guys are selfish and entitled. Didn’t Nylander tell Marner to stop crying?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Leaf Fans : See see! Matthews backchecks! He deserves the selke!!!!!
Entire league: ..... um ... yeah.. that's what you're supposed to do, especially as a center🤔🤔 You're expecting a participation trophy for this?😏😏😅
Very impressive back checking by Matthews on Boston goal #3.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Can you guys come up with some new jokes at least?

It's the same old leafs though. If they keep being the same, it's hard for anyone else to change. You know? It's like we're all stuck in time watching this.

If the Leafs lost 7-6 and were emotional and strong, we'd have new jokes. But they keep losing the same ways. Forever.

Reactions: D Wakaluk

ijuka

May 14, 2016
when Keefe didn't go 6 on 4 late in the game on his PP, that's when you knew he had zero juevos in his boxers.
He's a typical plays-not-to-lose coach. He wants to minimize his influence so that people cannot blame his decisions as the reason the team loses. Play it safe and never do anything and at least it wasn't your fault. Supposedly.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just wait until Pastrnak finds his game again
Leafs are spending too many men on him to keep Pasta from scoring...but he did manage to get one last night!:)

I want handshakes on the ice Tuesday night. I don't want to have to pay for game 7.

Marchy is such a great leader and excellent captain. He is a joy to watch.

I hate to hear fans boo their own team. Good way to completely blow their confidence.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Came here to dunk on Leafs fans, but I actually feel bad for them. The joke is getting old
I don't feel bad for them. This is fabulous. The Leafs had plenty of offense and needed to spend money in other areas but didn't. Leafs' fans were so gleeful when they signed PJB and it was their downfall. They denigrated Isles' fans, and to this day can't understand why Isles' fans would be pissed at how PJB went out. They talk on this board and other social media as if they have won 5 Cups in 10 years, yet they've won zilch. They insult Habs and OTT fans as if their team is that much more superior. If regular season stats is what they're shooting for, then congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad