Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
I’m not busting on him, have no clue what’s wrong with him, but the optics are horrible, actually couldn’t be worse if you scripted it. Shitty break I guess.
I don't either but they have other players on that team that have the talent to step up but they haven't so far. As a Habs it annoys me to say this but Marchand had developed into a real leader and now knows when he needs to full rat (I mean that as a compliment) or just simply play the game.

Reactions: BTO and Score8

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Food poisoning is no joke, one big hit and you got shit coming out of both ends
Used to call that the fire hydrant
No we don't have to assume that.
We're hearing one was migraines - which between the lights and the white ice reflecting off them, are impossible to play with.
Food poisoning (has varying degrees and affects people differently) makes you fatigued, cramp up, nausea, the runs, and other things that will make it difficult to play.

Maybe they both got food poisoning days apart, that seems unlikely to me.
you can assume what you like - but Mathews was sick the other night too. Food poisoning doesn't last like that

• Haha
Reactions: Thirty Seven

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
I just had food poisoning last week the day after commenting on rumours about Nylander having food poisoning. Definitely not fun but mine only lasted one day luckily
i've had it, I sat on the sh*tter, let it all out in one huge drop of a bomb and next thing woke up on the floor wedged in between the wall and toilet
It's brutal and explosive. I had a steady stream of hashbrowns coming out my mouth and nose at the same time haha

• Haha
Reactions: authentic

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Food poisoning is no joke, one big hit and you got shit coming out of both ends

Food poisoning? Try staving off appendicitis brah.
Xmq4.gif

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I’m telling you, Pelley is in charge now. He was just hired. If the Leafs don’t come back, I’d be shocked if both Keefe and Shanahan aren’t gone.

This team has had enough chances. If they don’t rally in this series, it’s time for some big changes.
Shanny and Keefe are gone.
Treveling won't ladtbhis entire contract.
Brass willp preach patience.
Rinse and repeat.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
It's brutal and explosive. I had a steady stream of hashbrowns coming out my mouth and nose at the same time haha
all's I remember is waking up stuffed between the wall and toilet and then hurling into the toilet again all while sitting in a puddle of sh*t.. not even joking lol worst experience of my life it was like something out of a f*cking horror movie

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
They f***ed it by signing Tavares, they should have not done that.

When the Oilers got McDavid, they traded Taylor Hall, so McDavid’s influence can grow.

The Leafs should have done the same, let Matthews influence grow, don’t sign Tavares. Keep Kadri, sign another D.
many of us said that at the time....

Reactions: stampedingviking
Dec 15, 2002
Michael Jordan once famously dominated in the Finals with food poisoning but Matthews ain’t that.
Yea but it's often forgotten that he had 2 awful quarters and 2 incredible quarters in that game.

And Michael Jordan is kind of in a league of his own when it comes to athletes.
Someone dig out in-season comments when Matthews was putting up 69, where people were talking about where Matthews ranked all-time.

No, he may not be #1. But if he's in the top-X all-time, where X is under say 25, and especially if he's talked about as being in the top-5 if not top-3, top-2 among current players, I can only do great if everything is perfect isn't how you achieve legendary status among the crop of wanna-be greats.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Someone dig out in-season comments when Matthews was putting up 69, where people were talking about where Matthews ranked all-time.

No, he may not be #1. But if he's in the top-X all-time, where X is under say 25, and especially if he's talked about as being in the top-5 if not top-3, top-2 among current players, I can only do great if everything is perfect isn't how you achieve legendary status among the crop of wanna-be greats.
I mean, no one, NO ONE would ever argue that Auston Matthews mentality as an athlete is in the same stratosphere as Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan was able to convince himself of shit he made up about people to propel his intensity to a higher level when he played them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad