Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Lovely Friday. Been a nice couple days here. Suns out. Birds singin. Definitely have had an extra pep in my step.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
So Matthews should decide games by himself like the other stars you originally listed, except those other stars have superstars with them playing a prominent role in their victory

No one is denying AM34 needs to lead the charge, but winning a series on the back of 1 guy doesn't really happen lol. For example, in game 2 he was responsible for all 3 goals we scored, yet we barely won 3-2

The Leafs need their other guys to get going as well, it can't just be AM34. Marner had a nice assist in game 3 and it's hopefully the start of his offense coming alive

Unfortunately, I agree. My hope before the series was Matthews/Nylander to lead the offensive charge and we would have the JT/Marner line play Pastrnak even

With Nylander gone the Marner line needs to score more, but I'm not particularly confident that they will do so

Not only responsible for all 3 goals scored but actually saved a goal at the end. Very few players have as dominant a performance as we seen from Matthews that game and he also played the last game sick.

Reactions: leafsfan5

LeafAttack

Feb 18, 2019
What's bizarre is that Bertuzzi started hacking Marchand in game 1 before the puck was even dropped.

I get that Marchand can stir the pot and get under players skin - especially during a playoff series where you see each other night after night.

But Marchand was in Bertuzzi's head before the series even started.
If the Leafs can put Marchand aside,and treat him like regular,they would be more focused,and less distracted.Marchand knows he is in their heads from the Liljegren hit.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
There was no penalty on the Mathews play because McAvoy was coming in to wrap him up and Mathews was bracing for a bigger hit. It was Mathews force that pushed the two of em backwards and down to the ice.

But I get being hyper vigilant against anything that looks like a play which hurt a guy in the past.
you could be right, maybe Im just having flashbacks of Knies getting hurt lol

Reactions: Over the volcano

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
none that lead to the game tying and game winning goals though. there were moments where no matter what happened nothing was being called for both sides and it ended up being at very key moments. I can live with it though. I just find it frustrating that that same move that hurt Knies last year happened again and for the 2nd time no call.

I hope so but didnt they just extend Keefe?
how many years did Babs have left when he was replaced

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
how many years did Babs have left when he was replaced
that was cause he was a bad look for the organization hes prob off the books now so it makes firing Keefe less bothering atleast. f Babs is still on the books then I cant imagine they are quick to fire and have 3 coaches on the books.

I think I seen MLSE has a new CEO so maybe changes are coming no matter what

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
I've had plenty of good discussions with fellow Leafs fans. And I like to think many Leafs fans would say the same about the Bruins faithful. You just gotta know where to look . . and it's not here.
My experience differs from yours, where else do you propose we fans discuss this?

Reactions: TD Charlie

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
It's a monumental blow, especially when you couple it with the loss of Bobby McMann

The Leafs are struggling to score (what else is new) and are missing two of their best goal-scorers. It's tough to overcome that unless AM34 carries us every game
The problem here is that a guy who had 15G is a “major blow” to you team.
That’s some serious depth issues if Bobby McMann being out hurts you that badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad