Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
If we are going to count missed chances and bounces, I think the b’s 10+ post shots just entered the chat.
Indeed. That was crazy - didn't Marchand hit 2 and Pasternak hit 1 within 10-15 seconds or so last night? That said, the Leafs have hit a number of posts as well. I guess sometimes those intangibles of "the way the ball bounces" is an x-factor, perhaps.

As an aside and my youngest is at his mom's now, so I am not sure if he watched the game last night - he would be proud of me - he is a diehard Leafs fan and loves Reaves. I am not fond of the guy but admit he has played his role decently and hasn't been as much of a liability than I expected

Reactions: Score8

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Uhmm Florida is 0-4 against the bruins this year, how superior is that?

4-3 against a significantly better Bruins team this time last year when it mattered though.

Florida gets it done against either squad without much issue.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
4-3 against a significantly better Bruins team this time last year when it mattered though.

Florida gets it done against either squad without much issue.
They had 4 tries against this years bruins team and couldn’t get it done. You banking on the magical switch tactic?

Last edited:

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Toronto couldn't score a power play goal, couldn't get a save when they needed it, and couldn't kill all their penalties off. The rest is noise. The fundamentals are lacking on that front. Series isn't over, and Boston isn't a giant, but the lack of being able to rely on the basics will ultimately kill them. Marchand was a beast last night, but Pasta was just okay. I don't say that to knock him, an incredible talent, but the Leafs have not faced an insurmountable mountain here, they're not executing. Yeah, that should have been a penalty behind the net, but the Sammy should have stopped that puck, and the Leafs should have been more ready after the Bertuzzi goal and they should have scored on one of their PPs.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
So big hello to all those keaf fans who after getting blown out 5-1 in game one....." you're not in trouble till you lose a game at home" ........ well the leafs have lost their last 5 games at home. Like the old classic sing goes ....
" I think we're in trouble" 🎶 🎵

Enough with the conspiracy nonsense. 😆
funny how the league never seems to want what the conspiracy claimers want.
You would think once by sheer coincidence the league and the conspiracy claimers would align.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Toronto couldn't score a power play goal, couldn't get a save when they needed it, and couldn't kill all their penalties off. The rest is noise. The fundamentals are lacking on that front. Series isn't over, and Boston isn't a giant, but the lack of being able to rely on the basics will ultimately kill them. Marchand was a beast last night, but Pasta was just okay. I don't say that to knock him, an incredible talent, but the Leafs have not faced an insurmountable mountain here, they're not executing. Yeah, that should have been a penalty behind the net, but the Sammy should have stopped that puck, and the Leafs should have been more ready after the Bertuzzi goal and they should have scored on one of their PPs.
We get it , the Leafs would be good if they weren't so bad.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
They had 4 tries against this years bruins team and couldn’t get it done. You banking on the magical switch tactic?

Back in 2019 the Leafs wiped the floor with the Bruins every game during the regular Season, how'd that end up for them?

Colorado was humiliated all Season long by the Jets

Isles and Canes split their regular season matchups, as did the Caps and Rangers.

Whole different game come playoff time kiddo.

Reactions: wintersej

Ducer

Jan 20, 2021
I have no idea what a Nose Face Killa is but what was Montgomery whining to the refs after the first period.

LeafAttack

Feb 18, 2019
Try Bertuzzi,and Domi on the PP.Use other players other than the ones that have been sucking for so long.Thats on the coach.

Reactions: PaulD

Ducer

Jan 20, 2021
I thought it was a tight checking game but if JVR is getting breakaway chances leafs had no legs on to game four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad