Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
They should have called the trip and the tackle before that.

But it’s kind of fascinating how dedicated Toronto was to adding antagonism/grit/sandpaper and Marchand is turning that against them. The guy is a master at what he does.

In a certain way, Toronto seems kind of built to play against a team other than Boston.

Reactions: BTO and bbfan419

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If I’m a leafs fan I’d be apoplectic at Sheldon Keefe for his postgame. If he loses the series he needs to go. Honestly if he wins this series and loses next one he needs to go. You go 0-5 on the PP and score 1 goal total and the first thing you do is blame the refs. Can’t have that in a leader of men, zero accountability

In regards to the Marchand/Bertuzzi tussle the ref was either gonna call both of them or none of them. It’s the playoffs so he decided to let them play and chose none. Samsonov should’ve made a save. It is what it is

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Been a good series 5 on 5, but most leaf fans knew it was going to come down to special teams and goaltending. Boston has been better on both of those and thats difference right now.

If I’m a leafs fan I’d be apoplectic at Sheldon Keefe for his postgame. If he loses the series he needs to go. Honestly if he wins this series and loses next one he needs to go. You go 0-5 on the PP and score 1 goal total and the first thing you do is blame the refs. Can’t have that in a leader of men, zero accountability

In regards to the Marchand/Bertuzzi tussle the ref was either gonna call both of them or none of them. It’s the playoffs so he decided to let them play and chose none. Samsonov should’ve made a save. It is what it is
He's trying to deflect and put the spotlight on to something different, he's not going to openly call out the stars in the middle of the playoff series, and everyone knows the PP and goaltending is the reason they are down 2-1 right now.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

How is it different than Cooper?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

But it’s kind of fascinating how dedicated Toronto was to adding antagonism/grit/sandpaper and Marchand is turning that against them. The guy is a master at what he does.

In a certain way, Toronto seems kind of built to play against a team other than Boston.
Should have called the high stick to McAvoy earlier. Should not have called a couple on Boston in the first, or the rough on McAvoy.

But it remained inconsistent all night. One team handled it much better.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

He might be the best pest in the history of hockey- and Toronto's main game plan was to devote their top line to go chasing after him. Would have been so much better off ignoring him and playing a team game.

Won't even get into how poorly he was playing heading into this series, and now he's running at 2PPG

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta

Attachments

• 4thproto.gif
    4thproto.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 1

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
He might be the best pest in the history of hockey- and Toronto's main game plan was to devote their top line to go chasing after him. Would have been so much better off ignoring him and playing a team game.

Won't even get into how poorly he was playing heading into this series, and now he's running at 2PPG
Not to mention it can be feast or famine with Marchand. Often plays best when he’s a nuisance. Ignore him and he’s usually not as effective

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com

Keefe is a goner. Other heads may roll.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Not to mention it can be feast or famine with Marchand. Often plays best when he’s a nuisance. Ignore him and he’s usually not as effective
Dude has perfected the art of getting under everyone's skin and taking them off their game. Pretty good offensive weapon too

Will the Bruins switch goalies again?
Bruins fans say don't do it.

So Monty will do it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Been a good series 5 on 5, but most leaf fans knew it was going to come down to special teams and goaltending. Boston has been better on both of those and thats difference right now.

He's trying to deflect and put the spotlight on to something different, he's not going to openly call out the stars in the middle of the playoff series, and everyone knows the PP and goaltending is the reason they are down 2-1 right now.
Yeah that’s more or less how I see the series- basically if Samsonov plays well the leafs will win, if he’s mediocre or worse they will lose

Reactions: Fatass

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I swear Keefe and some of this players media comments multiple times this year really don’t help the broader Leafs Land’s rep for being whiney as hell

I don’t see how anyone could blame the refs. If anything the bruins could have had another PP and they were actually capitalizing.

Maybe a Birds Eye view angle would change my mind, but both Bertuzzi and Marchand where tying each other up and taking each other out the play even before the trip. I’m not sure a flat footed Bertuzzi would have changed much defensively

Ultimately it was just another ignored call on a list of ignored calls. The ref was looking at two players “with a reputation” tying each other up and let it happen playoff style lol.

freddi22cl

Apr 20, 2024
should b clear to just about anyone now that neither of these teams r going anywhere , lol

called that at the start

he's 35. done . painful to watch . hopefully he doesnt hang around too long

no chance at making a Team Canada lineup..um no

freddi22cl

Apr 20, 2024

in his defense, the Leafs are out Nylander-a top 3 rw in the game. But yeah, he is a goner if they lose to this bruin lineup nylander or no nylander

and so is Marner, or rather he should be

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg

He should be calling out the stars. They've been coddled and overpaid for 8 years now. And to nobody's surprise nothings changed. Why would it when they keep getting paid and the coach is afraid of hurting their feelings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad