Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Bruins in 5 in if they Swayman in.
Ya know Oasta is nit going to sleep the entire series.
Big game for him Saturday. Probably get the trick.

Mar 26, 2010
Leafs didn’t lose because of the refs.

They lost because their PP and PK were shit, and Swayman was incredible again.

No more excuses. That’s for losers. It’s time they let their balls drop.
Swayman was the difference. He is a world class goaltender. He is capable of stealing any series.

Why do the Leafs always get stuck playing the best teams that have the best goalies. Lol

Reactions: authentic

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Hahahaha if you think that’s a compliment I don’t know what to tell you.
Sorry, you were saying? When you listen to the entire quote, context changes, doesn’t it?

Sure, it’s gamesmanship but he 100% compliments the little prick.

“Well, I mean, you gotta play through it. You gotta recognize he's a world class player, both in ability and how he plays, in the gamesmanship and everything. It's world class, and he's been in the league long enough, as you can see. He gets calls. It's unbelievable, actually, how it goes. But we gotta play through that, gotta play through that stuff. I don't think there's another player in this series that gets away with taking out Bertuzzi's legs the way that he does. There's not one other player in the series that gets away with that, but he does. It's an art, and he's elite at it. So we have to manage our way through that, avoid putting ourselves in situations where he can put us in those spots. And as far as his game, I think we've managed that pretty well, for the most part. Obviously, tonight, we make a mistake at a key time that allows him to get the winner.”

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Sorry, you were saying? When you listen to the entire quote, context changes, doesn’t it?

Sure, it’s gamesmanship but he 100% compliments the little prick.

“Well, I mean, you gotta play through it. You gotta recognize he's a world class player, both in ability and how he plays, in the gamesmanship and everything. It's world class, and he's been in the league long enough, as you can see. He gets calls. It's unbelievable, actually, how it goes. But we gotta play through that, gotta play through that stuff. I don't think there's another player in this series that gets away with taking out Bertuzzi's legs the way that he does. There's not one other player in the series that gets away with that, but he does. It's an art, and he's elite at it. So we have to manage our way through that, avoid putting ourselves in situations where he can put us in those spots. And as far as his game, I think we've managed that pretty well, for the most part. Obviously, tonight, we make a mistake at a key time that allows him to get the winner.”
Hahahahaha, this is the most disingenuous thing ever. He’s being sarcastic as f***.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Swayman was good but he didn't steal the game. The leafs clearly lost this game due to their special teams. 0/5 with a generational goal scorer. Ok.
Por que no los dos?

Without Swayman, or the Leafs throwing up an 0-for on the pp, this game very possibly goes the other way. A nice tandem effort

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Swayman was the difference. He is a world class goaltender. He is capable of stealing any series.

Why do the Leafs always get stuck playing the best teams that have the best goalies. Lol

Kind of funny how that has worked out but we need to be able to win more than 1 series in 9 tries regardless.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I don't think the refs favoured any team throughout the game but that ending sequence with the hold on Matthews no call then the Tavares call would make any fanbase mad.

Just a distraction for the Leafs though. They didn't lose because of it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Maybe the leafs should try investing in a goaltender

Also Marchand has same points as
Matthews, marner, Tavares, and rielly combined

That’s 40 million dollars that coulda been invested in goalie

Reactions: YukonCornelius

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
The calls/noncalls are going to even out over a 7 game series. Fairly even IMO after 3 games. It's ridiculous to ref blame. The team that can keep their heads in the game and not get rattled is going to take this series between two fairly even teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad