Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Obviously you haven’t watched the Bruins much the last two years, so I get it. Their goalie tandem is unique and a huge part of why they’ve been successful.

They abandoned the rotation in the playoffs last year and it bit them in the ass. It’s definitely unconventional, but I’d rather have them go down swinging with what’s worked for two seasons.
Ullmark looked like trash compared to swayman. He looked like he weighed 1000lbs moving around in his net and was behind the play on at least a few Toronto plays.

Swayman looked dialed in game 1 and they should leave him in there for rest of series unless he completely shits the bed. This rotating goalie thing in the playoffs is just weird man

Reactions: BTO

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Ullmark looked like trash compared to swayman. He looked like he weighed 1000lbs moving around in his net and was behind the play on at least a few Toronto plays.

Swayman looked dialed in game 1 and they should leave him in there for rest of series unless he completely shits the bed. This rotating goalie thing in the playoffs is just weird man

Not picking on you directly but posts like this are why I don't trust a lot of fans opinions. The game was only a day ago and the narrative is Ullmark played poorly. He played an insane game and made several huge saves.

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018

I totally agree it’s weird, and wouldn’t recommend it in almost any other situation!

That being said, if Swayman plays out of his mind and gets a shutout tonight, maybe change course for this series and see what happens.

Reactions: wintersej

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Not picking on you directly but posts like this are why I don't trust a lot of fans opinions. The game was only a day ago and the narrative is Ullmark played poorly. He played an insane game and made several huge saves.
I wouldn't say he played insane no. He played well but swayman looked alot better

I totally agree it’s weird, and wouldn’t recommend it in almost any other situation!

That being said, if Swayman plays out of his mind and gets a shutout tonight, maybe change course for this series and see what happens.
I just think swayman is the better of the two right now. I don't want ullmark giving the figs a chance here lol I wanna see them done and gone in 5 games max

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I wouldn't say he played insane no. He played well but swayman looked alot better

I just think swayman is the better of the two right now. I don't want ullmark giving the figs a chance here lol I wanna see them done and gone in 5 games max

Swayman is the better option simply because of his record against Toronto. Ullmark however played a fantastic game and made 2-3 saves on for sure goals. He wasn't responsible for any of the three goals that went in. Goal one was off a post hit by Matthews that bounced to Domi who was crashing the net. Goal two JT was wide open and literally had time for a full slap shot infront of the face off dots. and Goal three is a break away with the best Goal scorer in the world coming at you.

In regard to Swayman, id actually argue Toronto made him look good. All of our scoring attempts were tips or shots on the lower 1/3rd of the net, which Swayman is amazing at covering.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Reactions: northeastern

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
47 points in 52 games, same as Matthews and more than Nylander.
Strange definition of 'well below' .
Don't bother conversing with that guy, he is obsessed with our team and stalks our board on the regular.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Not sure how people defend Marner by saying he's been in a defensive position preventing Pasta from scoring.

Marner is being paid almost 11M.... he should be as "elite" as Pasta. Pasta should also have to be wary of Marner...

Difference being one has had an impact and one has not

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Not sure how people defend Marner by saying he's been in a defensive position preventing Pasta from scoring.

Marner is being paid almost 11M.... he should be as "elite" as Pasta. Pasta should also have to be wary of Marner...

Difference being one has had an impact and one has not

Marner needs to be a difference maker every night

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Nylander has to be ready to go next game. Leafs top PP scorer - the odds dropped significantly as soon as he was called unavailable for Game 3 lol.

Leafs got 2 days off. Get him ready.

Reactions: Devonator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: