Series Discussion: ECQF: (6) New York Rangers vs. (3) Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I don't see it that way. Momentum is a fickle thing and can turn on a dime.

It's one day removed from a loss and I can see people being emotional about it. We come out strong in game 5 then suddenly everyone's view of the situation will not seem so dire.

Just have to play more physical than last game and not get a 3rd game in a row of horrid officiating.

You defend this team past the point of making a lot of sense. Full on Apologist dude. Read all of your posts.

It'll be 3-2 Rags after tomorrow, and you'll still think the team is fine, and that all is well.

You remind of Frank Drebin in Naked Gun. "Move along, everything's fine....nothing to see here"

Right.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I suppose it's possible they can recapture this series, but to what end?

The lack of effort displayed by their two best players last night was ominous.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
lol....they can win the series, but why bother? ha

just looked at the team stats. scoring leaders

1. mike green. trade him. 4 games 4 pts
1. matty perreault. scratch him 4 games 4pts
3. jason chimera. scratch him. 4 games 3 pts
3. joel ward. scratch him. 4 games 3pts.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
The Ovechkin defense gif makes me think of:

tumblr_m4yn4qLNAx1qe1mfro1_500.gif

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
lol....they can win the series, but why bother? ha

just looked at the team stats. scoring leaders

1. mike green. trade him. 4 games 4 pts
1. matty perreault. scratch him 4 games 4pts
3. jason chimera. scratch him. 4 games 3 pts
3. joel ward. scratch him. 4 games 3pts.

It is concerning to not see any of our leading forwards on that list. That said, if they show up tomorrow and snap out of whatever funk they are in, the Caps can and likely will win the series.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
You defend this team past the point of making a lot of sense. Full on Apologist dude. Read all of your posts.

It'll be 3-2 Rags after tomorrow, and you'll still think the team is fine, and that all is well.

You remind of Frank Drebin in Naked Gun. "Move along, everything's fine....nothing to see here"

Right.

So its a major team problem that Holtby let in 3 soft ones after good performances Games 1 and 2?

The reality is the 5 on 3 was ******** and so was the Chimera interference call, wouldn't be the first time Stralman dived. If Holtby doesn't let in the soft goal on the PP to start the 3rd the Caps probably would of won.

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
So its a major team problem that Holtby let in 3 soft ones after good performances Games 1 and 2?

The reality is the 5 on 3 was ******** and so was the Chimera interference call, wouldn't be the first time Stralman dived. If Holtby doesn't let in the soft goal on the PP to start the 3rd the Caps probably would of won.
If Ovechkin bothered to backcheck on the actual GWG or do anything useful in that game the Caps probably would haveof won, but I can see why you are trying to deflect blame on to everything else other than Ovechkin because basic logic is an even more difficult concept than the English language.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
last night was a great example of a goalie standing on his head except when he fell on his face. the case for the team letting the goalie down is lost when the goalie gives up a first goal on his own bad cross ice pass and then wastes an awesome save by one of his defensemen of his vacated net.

the other empty net goal scored was bad but the first one set the tone

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
If Ovechkin bothered to backcheck on the actual GWG or do anything useful in that game the Caps probably would haveof won, but I can see why you are trying to deflect blame on to everything else other than Ovechkin because basic logic is an even more difficult concept than the English language.

ov god mode. ov bench him mode. fire george, he drafted ovechkin....this team is so doomed. how long is ov's deal?

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
last night was a great example of a goalie standing on his head except when he fell on his face. the case for the team letting the goalie down is lost when the goalie gives up a first goal on his own bad cross ice pass and then wastes an awesome save by one of his defensemen of his vacated net.

the other empty net goal scored was bad but the first one set the tone
Bench Holtby for a strawman!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
that controller failure gif is getting lots of mileage

I am surprised the Holtby Goal Line shuffle isnt getting gifified

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Bench Holtby for a strawman!

strawman is wearing 43 and playing rw on the 4th line tomorrow. hes not a goalie.

btw...i am not advocating neuvirth for g5. i am just saying when a goalie gives away two free goals in most hockey games, the fate is generally sealed. so, as far as i am concerned he played as badly as many of the regular skaters and wasted a great game by perrutu and joel ward.

hopefully he gets his focus back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad