ECQF: (2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (3) Philadelphia Flyers | Pittsburgh Leads Series 3-2

who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Care to explain?
Well considering the success they've had with Columbus in recent playoff history, and the intense rivalry between the two clubs, one would think it could have more of a physical and emotional impact on the team, then say a devils series.

Philadelphia can get into their heads. They could also easily lose.

Reactions: TheTechNoir

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Well considering the success they've had with Columbus in recent playoff history, and the intense rivalry between the two clubs, one would think it could have more of a physical and emotional impact on the team, then say a devils series.

Yup, I was right. You're stuck in 2012.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009

You're definitely living in the past. Philly isn't as goony as in the past and Pittsburgh isn't mentally weak.

Of course Pittsburgh can lose but on paper out of all the matchups this is the best for Pittsburgh

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

No, they can't. This isn't 2012. This won't be close.

Reactions: Grandma Bingo

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Pens in 6, possibly 7. I think it will be great long term for the young core of the Flyers though to go against an experienced team like Pitt. Can’t wait to see Provorov, Patrick, Konecny, and Ghost.

Reactions: blinds

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
You're definitely living in the past. Philly isn't as goony as in the past and Pittsburgh isn't mentally weak.

Of course Pittsburgh can lose but on paper out of all the matchuma this is the best for Pittsburgh

I'm not living in the past by saying they'd prefer Columbus, and even NJ (despite the record) over Philly. I think that's reasonable. And I know they aren't goony, but it will be a physical series just because of how much the teams hate each other.

Reactions: TheTechNoir

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
The Pens will be destroyed by the Flyers toughness, brah. Just like Columbus last season.

Exactly, these aren't the Bylsma-era Pens, you don't beat em with physicality, they'll just skate circles around you while you try to chase hits....Flyers have to play to their strengths, which is speed n skill and they'll have a chance.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Pens in 5 likely. Flyers just dont match well at all. Hopefully in another year or two they can have a rematch.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
I'm not living in the past by saying they'd prefer Columbus, and even NJ (despite the record) over Philly. I think that's reasonable. And I know they aren't goony, but it will be a physical series just because of how much the teams hate each other.

Most all pens fans wanted Philly if given the choice. That said....it gets played on the ice. Anything can happen. Bring it on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->