Which team wins game 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Eh, that didn’t result in a powerplay for Boston. The delay of game penalty in game 3 however. That did result in a powerplay for Toronto.

But it should have been a powerplaybfor the leafs.

That’s our point. If Gardiner gets a (lol) roughing penalty in all that, how the hell didn’t Chara?

Doesn’t this support our argument that the refs ignored Boston’s penalties but not the leafs?

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
It’s mind blowing that anyone can attempt to defend the refereeing or give Leaf fans flak for not being okay with it. It was simply one of the worst officiated games I’ve ever witnessed given the signifance of the game.

Here’s to hoping we don’t have to spend so much time dwelling on the officiating for the remainder of the series and instead we can discuss actual hockey.

Oh, and if the puck luck wanted to balance out as well, that would be nice! :D

Reactions: HoBOonFiRE

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Okay. Call chara then for a makeup call tomorrow. but Bergeron doesn’t get thrown out of the dot anymore because the refs are afraid of Babcock whining to bettman

On the CBC feed they showed exactly what Babs was complaining about. Bergeron and the other Bruins centers were doing a sweeping motion off the draw without touching the ice first, which isn't allowed. Babcock pointed this out to the linesmen and they started throwing them out afterwards. Don't cheat on draws if you don't want to get thrown out.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Okay. Call chara then for a makeup call tomorrow. but Bergeron doesn’t get thrown out of the dot anymore because the refs are afraid of Babcock whining to bettman
Maybe if Bergeron would actually put his stick down before the faceoff he wouldnt be getting kicked out so much... You know, actually take a faceoff how it is suppose to be taken.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Maybe if Bergeron would actually put his stick down before the faceoff he wouldnt be getting kicked out so much... You know, actually take a faceoff how it is suppose to be taken.

I'm sorry, did they change the faceoff rules for the playoffs then?

Or just for the leafs....

cmorly

Oct 14, 2010
Toronto, Ont
All I'm asking for is for game 6 to be reffed fairly. Call the next 2 games fair and it's anyone's game. If the NHL really wants the Bruins to make it on to round 2, well.. put the same refs out that were out there in game 5.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
It’s mind blowing that anyone can attempt to defend the refereeing or give Leaf fans flak for not being okay with it. It was simply one of the worst officiated games I’ve ever witnessed given the signifance of the game.

Here’s to hoping we don’t have to spend so much time dwelling on the officiating for the remainder of the series and instead we can discuss actual hockey.

Oh, and if the puck luck wanted to balance out as well, that would be nice! :D

I know you guys were on the short end of the stick on this one, but we've all seen way worse reffed games than this. The refs did their best to put the whistles away like they had the previous two games but two broken sticks (automatic), the tripping on Pastrnak during a scoring chance (automatic) the coincidental roughing would've been automatic but Gardiner grabbed him which would've been fine but held on way too long.
If they gave Chara two for roughing pulling a player that's grabbing someone from behind while engaged with another player, they would've given Gardiner another two also.

If the exact same sequence played out the other way it would've been called identically. I wouldn't have been happy as a Bruins fan but there really wasn't a way around those calls.

Reffing is a tough gig.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I know you guys were on the short end of the stick on this one, but we've all seen way worse reffed games than this. The refs did their best to put the whistles away like they had the previous two games but two broken sticks (automatic), the tripping on Pastrnak during a scoring chance (automatic) the coincidental roughing would've been automatic but Gardiner grabbed him which would've been fine but held on way too long.
If they gave Chara two for roughing pulling a player that's grabbing someone from behind while engaged with another player, they would've given Gardiner another two also.

If the exact same sequence played out the other way it would've been called identically. I wouldn't have been happy as a Bruins fan but there really wasn't a way around those calls.

Reffing is a tough gig.
You think Gardiner deserved 4 minutes :ha:

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Away from reffing. Toronto played the kind of game they needed to.
They capitalized early and held on. Much of it was due to Andersson but they also mucked it up as much as possible and tried to keep the Bruins out of their flow.
Babcock making a stink about face-offs also disrupted their rhythm and set plays.

The one thing with Toronto that I didn't think they would be able to do in this series is shut it down and protect the lead in the way that Boston did in game 4. It never looked pretty but Toronto did it.

Will be an interesting game 5. Not sure what to expect.

Sep 18, 2009
Away from reffing. Toronto played the kind of game they needed to.
They capitalized early and held on. Much of it was due to Andersson but they also mucked it up as much as possible and tried to keep the Bruins out of their flow.
Babcock making a stink about face-offs also disrupted their rhythm and set plays.

The one thing with Toronto that I didn't think they would be able to do in this series is shut it down and protect the lead in the way that Boston did in game 4. It never looked pretty but Toronto did it.

Will be an interesting game 5. Not sure what to expect.
It's game 6 baby and the Leafs are gonna take it

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015

Reffing is a tough gig.
Yes, I'm certain if a player on your team got two minutes for "being punched in the face", you'd be just as understanding.

Gardiner got a "roughing" penalty. Not third man in. If it was third man in, then Backes and Hyman would need to have been given fighting penalties (which they weren't). Because it was just a scrum. The types of scrums that happen a few times each and every hockey game. How come Brown who was the "5th man in" didn't get a penalty? The answer? Because it was just a scrum... NOT A FIGHT. But if Brown skated in and punched somebody right in the f***ing face, you REALLY don't think he would have gotten a penalty?

You really mean to tell me that Gardiner (the receiver of the punch) was "rouger" than Chara (the puncher)? Do you really want to pay attention every game here on out in the playoffs how often a "scrum" happens, and other players join in on the pushing? Honestly, just think about how often it happens.

Look at just how much spin and bullshit is needed to defend this disgraceful display of refereeing.

Last edited:

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
Sweet merciful crap the whining is out of control in here. Might be the worst it’s ever been.

The truth is, if everybody just admitted to the common sense that Chara deserved a penalty for punching a guy in the face (lol... it's such a joke even writing that sentence), then nobody would be whining about it. What we're doing is debating whether it should have been a penalty or not (I know that seems like a joke... Chara punched. him. in. the. face.), but that's what's being debated.

If everybody here could just agree that punching a person right in the f***ing face directly in front of a referee was a penalty (again... can't believe I had to even type that), then the issue would have been dropped long ago.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The truth is, if everybody just admitted to the common sense that Chara deserved a penalty for punching a guy in the face (lol... it's such a joke even writing that sentence), then nobody would be whining about it. What we're doing is debating whether it should have been a penalty or not (I know that seems like a joke... Chara punched. him. in. the. face.), but that's what's being debated.

If everybody here could just agree that punching a person right in the ****ing face directly in front of a referee was a penalty (again... can't believe I had to even type that), then the issue would have been dropped long ago.

I don’t care to argue specifics, there were bad calls the other night. There were bad calls the game before. The one before that. In every series. Boston was the beneficiary in game 5 and Toronto won. Let’s not act like it’s some huge conspiracy. I’d have been pretty annoyed if it were the other way around and Boston lost, but I’m not gonna cry about it. Especially after a damn win. Listen to yourself man.

Reactions: Snowman

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
I don’t care to argue specifics, there were bad calls the other night. There were bad calls the game before. The one before that. In every series. Boston was the beneficiary in game 5 and Toronto won. Let’s not act like it’s some huge conspiracy. I’d have been pretty annoyed if it were the other way around and Boston lost, but I’m not gonna cry about it. Especially after a damn win. Listen to yourself man.
You seem like a pretty reasonable guy. I suppose if someone in the street punched you in the face, then the police came and charged you with assault, you'd find that perfectly reasonable. Good for you I suppose.

Listen, the whistles were put away almost entirely for 7 periods. Players on both teams were getting away with utterly outrageous things. Then the leafs go up 4-1, and all of a sudden every little thing gets called? You really think that doesn't look suspicious?

And if you say "yeah, every little thing started getting called... but only the leafs were deserving penalties", I'll challenge by saying that CHARA PUNCHED GARDINER RIGHT IN THE f***ING FACE AND GARDINER GOT THE PENALTY!!!!!!!!

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
Also “i just want everybody to agree with me boo hoo” is a bad look. Real bad
Isn't that what everybody else is doing? You know, the ones arguing that Chara should be allowed to punch people in the face whenever he wants, and the player he punched should get the penalty? (I know it seems outrageous that anybody could really argue that... but they are) How come you aren't complaining about those people?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
You seem like a pretty reasonable guy. I suppose if someone in the street punched you in the face, then the police came and charged you with assault, you'd find that perfectly reasonable. Good for you I suppose.

Listen, the whistles were put away almost entirely for 7 periods. Players were getting away with utterly outrageous things. Then the leafs go up 4-1, and all of a sudden every little thing gets called? You really think that doesn't look suspicious?

And if you say "yeah, every little thing started getting called... but only the leafs were getting penalties", I'll challenge by saying that CHARA PUNCHED GARDINER RIGHT IN THE ****ING FACE AND GARDINER GOT THE PENALTY!!!!!!!!

I honestly don’t remember the play, at this point it’s rather inconsequential. However, it’s riled up a whole lotta people apparently so to tell you the truth I’m glad Chara punched a guy in the face, and if it’s going to elicit this hilarious of a reaction i hope he does it again.

Act like the whistles don’t come out often when there’s a big lead. You’re also ignoring that Boston was ALL OVER Toronto for large portions of the game. Tends to yield a few penalties I’d say.

Still, at the end of the day you’re arguing a penalty or two after a win. Not just mentioning it in passing, but you are really going in on it.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Yes, I'm certain if a player on your team got two minutes for "being punched in the face", you'd be just as understanding.

Gardiner got a "roughing" penalty. Not third man in. If it was third man in, then Backes and Hyman would need to have been given fighting penalties (which they weren't). Because it was just a scrum. The types of scrums that happen a few times each and every hockey game. How come Brown who was the "5th man in" didn't get a penalty? The answer? Because it was just a scrum... NOT A FIGHT. But if Brown skated in and punched somebody right in the ****ing face, you REALLY don't think he would have gotten a penalty?

You really mean to tell me that Gardiner (the receiver of the punch) was "rouger" than Chara (the puncher)? Do you really want to pay attention every game here on out in the playoffs how often a "scrum" happens, and other players join in on the pushing? Honestly, just think about how often it happens.

Look at just how much spin and bull**** is needed to defend this disgraceful display of refereeing.

He got 2 minutes for being a third man in and not disengaging quick enough. If he had let go a second or two earlier he would've been fine and your team would've been on the power play. He never. That's called every single time. Pure and simple.

Reactions: bb_fan and Snowman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad