• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I like you.

But, still don't feel very optimistic. Leafs need to win two more and I just don't see it against a great Bruins team. I'll cheering until there isn't any life left, hopefully they prove me wrong.
I don't think the Leafs win this series either but it was nice to see some fight. Especially after the refs were trying their hardest to gift that one to the Bruins. That was a pathetic display by the refs tonight. I can handle a loss but not like that. Was ridiculous.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Wasnt game 1 or 2, but halfway through game 2 i noted the improved play of the leafs. Its more so for me the progression of difficulty they are giving the bruins as the games go on. They arent just laying down and taking it.

I love the bruins and hope they win but the leafs, if they keep progressing like they have could take it to 7 and maybe pull off the upset. I dont think it will happen but it has been interesting to keep tabs on for sure.
i can't like this comment because you were cheering for Boston, but you're making good posts dude. For your sake and McDavid's, I hope Edmonton gets going again

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
We accept you as a new Leaf fan with open arms. Keep your name too. I like it.
Chill out m8. lol
Yeah I guess in the long run you're right, it's actually probably a good thing for young players to experience heart break or they could actually come back which would be much better.

A healthy Sekerja and hopefully Talbot returns to form and I think they should be fine, I honestly thought you guys were cup favorites this year, you do have by far the best player in the game, so take it from a Leafs fan, it can ALWAYS get worse, i.e in the past we sucked and our players sucked, at least you guys have McGodvid and Drai.
Yeah for young teams an L is certain and most def isn't a negative thing unless they didnt show up at all, thats why I am watching and am delightfully surprised and happy for them, feel the same about the Av's.. Its good for them to be playing the veteran savvy bruins too.

Im sure it will get better in time. We'll see what he does this off season... im a bit shook tho :eek:

Reactions: Apotheosis
Feb 24, 2017
IN THIS THREAD -

Various fans who want the Leafs to lose.

Let's break them down into two factions.

A - Bruins fans.

B - Fans of miserable Canadian teams who didn't make the playoffs so they have spend their time hoping for the Leafs to fail. Significantly larger than Faction A.
I don’t have a dog in this fight. My team isn’t in the playoffs.

Were you an A or B though?

Feb 24, 2017
I say this in all honest: most Leafs fans are a C) dont give a **** about what happened to the Canucks
Then you weren’t here in 2011. It was only the Canadiens fans for the most part not piling on anyone who cheered the Canucks. Probably the most unified and one sided fan bloodbath this site has ever seen. Leafs fans by the droves were happy as pigs in shit to see the bruins lawlessly maim the Canucks and bully the Canucks fans who dared to point out the unequal refereeing.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Now that [MOD] Kadri is back the Leafs have a chance at taking this series. They have good center depth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
IN THIS THREAD -

Various fans who want the Leafs to lose.

Let's break them down into two factions.

A - Bruins fans.

B - Fans of miserable Canadian teams who didn't make the playoffs so they have spend their time hoping for the Leafs to fail. Significantly larger than Faction A.

I've cheered on the Canadian teams left in the playoffs ever since I can remember, as the Leafs don't have the greatest track record of being in the post-season. But, after this series I will never ever cheer for a Canadian team again. I actually thought cheering on the Canadian teams in the playoffs was a universal thing all Canadians did. I see now we're the exception to that rule. Keep the cup in the States if it isn't the Leafs, I really don't want to have to hear those same fans after they actually win something. To the rest of Canada you've showed yourself this series and I would like you all to eat my shit. And a little bit of crow after this game.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Then you weren’t here in 2011. It was only the Canadiens fans for the most part not piling on anyone who cheered the Canucks. Probably the most unified and one sided fan bloodbath this site has ever seen. Leafs fans by the droves were happy as pigs in **** to see the bruins lawlessly maim the Canucks and bully the Canucks fans who dared to point out the unequal refereeing.

Disagree completely with your take on that. Far majority of Leaf fans don't prefer the Bruins to Canucks, or vice versa. It would be like the Leafs versus Bruins on your end, not sure who you'd prefer more, but you hate both, hard to pick one. Maybe the odd Canuck fan would prefer one, and another Canuck fan would prefer the other. Except none of us Leaf fans really get why Canuck fans and the rest of Western Canada are so insecure about the Leafs, outside of HF, no one in Toronto really has second thoughts about any of those teams- in fact, from my experience, they actively root for them.

Should mention that I think the Bruins were just the better team. It was a bit more physical than the Canucks were used to, but not enough to swing the series honestly. Especially when they just got thoroughly outplayed in game 7...they didn't deserve to win in the end.

Feb 24, 2017
Disagree completely with your take on that. Far majority of Leaf fans don't prefer the Bruins to Canucks, or vice versa. It would be like the Leafs versus Bruins on your end, not sure who you'd prefer more, but you hate both, hard to pick one. Maybe the odd Canuck fan would prefer one, and another Canuck fan would prefer the other. Except none of us Leaf fans really get why Canuck fans and the rest of Western Canada are so insecure about the Leafs, outside of HF, no one in Toronto really has second thoughts about any of those teams- in fact, from my experience, they actively root for them.

Should mention that I think the Bruins were just the better team. It was a bit more physical than the Canucks were used to, but not enough to swing the series honestly. Especially when they just got thoroughly outplayed in game 7...they didn't deserve to win in the end.
The reason for what I said is that I was here in 2011 to witness the gang pile on Nucks fans. Leafs fans were into it as much as anyone.

Me, I dislike the Alberta teams for the most part. Geographical rivals. The leafs haven’t ever been a rival. I actually wished the leafs well until the last two years. I dislike nylander. That’s about it. But that’s negated Boston/Toronto wise by all the bruins left from 2011. So in your guys’ current series? I truly haven’t a single preference.

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I've cheered on the Canadian teams left in the playoffs ever since I can remember, as the Leafs don't have the greatest track record of being in the post-season. But, after this series I will never ever cheer for a Canadian team again. I actually thought cheering on the Canadian teams in the playoffs was a universal thing all Canadians did. I see now we're the exception to that rule. Keep the cup in the States if it isn't the Leafs, I really don't want to have to hear those same fans after they actually win something. To the rest of Canada you've showed yourself this series and I would like you all to eat my ****. And a little bit of crow after this game.
This is actually hilarious! :laugh::thumbu:

Reactions: Magic Man

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
IN THIS THREAD-

Maple Leaf fans singing to the high heavens about the Boston Bruins league assisted advantage.

Let’s break them down into two factions.

A- those that took great delight in 2011 when the referees threw out the rule book and let Boston play WWE rules and ragdoll the speed and skill Canucks.

B- those that weren’t watching back then and are newer to hockey, cause Toronto is good now. Those are the only leafs fans in here that didn’t pile on the Canucks fans as whiny when the league let the bruins run wild with no rule book.
C- Those who don't care about the Canucks, because its the Canucks.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Looks like you’re a B, kiddo.
No, I watched the 2011 series, I even watched some of that VAN/SJ series preceding it and I definitely heard about the riots afterwards on the news. Just honestly didn't care too much about the Canucks to be frank. Just because it is another Canadian team in the Finals, doesn't mean that fans from other Canadian teams, such as the Leafs are going to care an especially large amount. I think the last Canadian Finals team I followed religiously was the 06 Oilers since they were such a great underdog story; upsetting the mighty Red Wings as the eighth seed and then going all the way to the Finals on a roster that really shouldn't have gotten close. If Roloson hadn't been taken out Edmonton would have won too.

As to Toronto, I have been following the team long enough to remember the days before the darkness of the Burke/Carlyle era and remember when stomping Ottawa was an annual tradition... before being heart-broken by the Flyers and Devils. Given the extended period of futility I suffered through as a Leafs fan, I think I am entitled to take joy in them being good now.

Feb 24, 2017
No, I watched the 2011 series, I even watched some of that VAN/SJ series preceding it and I definitely heard about the riots afterwards on the news. Just honestly didn't care too much about the Canucks to be frank. Just because it is another Canadian team in the Finals, doesn't mean that fans from other Canadian teams, such as the Leafs are going to care an especially large amount. I think the last Canadian Finals team I followed religiously was the 06 Oilers since they were such a great underdog story; upsetting the mighty Red Wings as the eighth seed and then going all the way to the Finals on a roster that really shouldn't have gotten close. If Roloson hadn't been taken out Edmonton would have won too.
I actively cheer against non Canucks Canadian teams. I only want vancouver to be the next Canadian Stanley winner.

Man, the riots. My lady love at the time was a nurse at the downtown Vancouver hospital. What a quick change of feelings from despair and disappointment to needing to be her white night that got her the f*** out of the danger zone.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I actively cheer against non Canucks Canadian teams. I only want vancouver to be the next Canadian Stanley winner.
That I can get. Personally my second favorite team is the Jets, so I cheer for them in the West. Aside from that and the Leafs I don't really ever have much of a stake in playoff series involving other teams. There are some players I would like to see win Cups (eg. Joe Thornton, Hank Lundqvist, Ovie), and some teams I want to not win Cups (Boston), but I tend to be pretty neutral approaching a series when it is not one of the teams I directly root for. I think a lot of fans have a similar perspective. Great narratives like the 06 Oilers or last years Sens can inspire a temporary fandom though.

Feb 24, 2017
That I can get. Personally my second favorite team is the Jets, so I cheer for them in the West. Aside from that and the Leafs I don't really ever have much of a stake in playoff series involving other teams. There are some players I would like to see win Cups (eg. Joe Thornton, Hank Lundqvist, Ovie), and some teams I want to not win Cups (Boston), but I tend to be pretty neutral approaching a series when it is not one of the teams I directly root for. I think a lot of fans have a similar perspective.
My(I think, but this stuff is feelings based, so ever changing) main thing is I do not care for fan bases to get their first jubilation before me and mine.

So...

Tampa is ok
Pens flyers winner is ok
Avalanche are ok

I have nylander reasons against Toronto
2011 reasons against Boston

I am soft on San Jose as a organically successful expansion southern-ish market. And I’m soft on the caps cause of ovi. And Vegas would make me smile in disbelief.

But yeah. I’m typically against all Canadian teams besides mine, and against most possible first time champs.

Feb 24, 2017
That I can get. Personally my second favorite team is the Jets, so I cheer for them in the West. Aside from that and the Leafs I don't really ever have much of a stake in playoff series involving other teams. There are some players I would like to see win Cups (eg. Joe Thornton, Hank Lundqvist, Ovie), and some teams I want to not win Cups (Boston), but I tend to be pretty neutral approaching a series when it is not one of the teams I directly root for. I think a lot of fans have a similar perspective. Great narratives like the 06 Oilers or last years Sens can inspire a temporary fandom though.
I am 36 years old. My Italians won the 2006 World Cup when I was heavily invested. My Packers won Super Bowls with Brett and Aaron, both of which I was heavily invested in. And my Jays went back to back in 92/93 when my father was heavily invested aka I was go through a wall for whatever dad wanted, so I was super invested.

I need a f***ing Canucks Cup.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I don't care what team you root for or which series you've been following but the officiating has been terrible this postseason. I know there are missed calls but there have been a ton of dives, phantom calls and just bad penalties all around. These refs are pretty bad. The notion they bury their whistle seems to apply to one team one moment, and the next they are reffing a regular season game calling everything and stuff that isn't even there.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Yeah, we are never going to get that lucky. No home cooking for the Leafs.

Boston makes questionable plays? Just a physical playoff game.
Leafs touch/breathe near Boston? That’s a penalty.

Hope the refs in Game 6 are anyone but the two clowns we had tonight. Even Tim Peel knows better.
Leafs get hit in the head multiple times? Playoff hockey. You’re not ready for playoff hockey if you complain about that.

Leafs hit Bruins players? They’re setting dangerous picks and obstructing everything!

Marchand drives Marner’s head into the ice multiple times in a play with his stick? It was playful.
Kadri maybe tries to crosscheck a guy who just tried to board him? SUSPEND HIM!

Bruins fans.

Reactions: Lilou and Pi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->