• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Bruins have targeted Marner with headshots all series. Wingels, Schaller, Marchand x2.

Kadri got suspended 3 games for retaliating on the first one.
Hainsey got a penalty for standing up for him on the second one.
No penalty called to either team on the 3rd one.
Phantom call on the 4th one.

Marchand also drove Kapanen’s head into the boards game 2, I think.

NHL and DoPS is trying to protect players and will hold the culprits responsible unless you play for the bruins

Reactions: RobBrown4PM

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
somehow the Leafs are fine at playing disciplined hockey, except for when they are in Boston for a playoff game. Suddenly the Leafs lose all composure. It must be their anthem singer or something
But they were terrible at drawing penalties all season. How big of a sample size do you need to consider that they might just not be good at it?

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Wow just visiting this thread today and what an absurdly lopsided poll picking the Bruins in this game.

Leafs are certainly capable of winning game 6 at home and forcing a game 7 where it will be a coin flip. A repeat of the 93' Leafs getting blown away in games 1 and 2 vs the Wings then going on to win the series is still possible.

Reactions: my name is Bob

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Wow just visiting this thread today and what an absurdly lopsided poll picking the Bruins in this game.

Leafs are certainly capable of winning game 6 at home and forcing a game 7 where it will be a coin flip. A repeat of the 93' Leafs getting blown away in games 1 and 2 vs the Wings then going on to win the series is still possible.

Coin flip? Expect a bunch of Leaf suspensions coming from game 6, and 10-1 in PP opportunities in game 7 for the Bruins, including a couple of 5-on-3's.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Great game tonight by Andersen, stood on his head. Good for him

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
What's crazy about this? People have no problem churning out various conspiracy theories, but suggesting that the Leafs just aren't good at drawing penalties is...too far?
I don't understand why you keep talking about drawing penalties when your original comment was about the Leafs not being good at getting away with borderline plays

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
What don't you understand? And what is so unfathomable about either?
because this is how the conversation went:
You: Leafs are bad at getting away with committing infractions
Me: Well they were good at it in the regular season, they're a disciplined team
You: What's so hard about believing the Leafs suck at drawing penalties??

I just don't understand where you're going

Reactions: biotk

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
Wait... Marchand only has 2 PIM this entire series? #rigged #fixed #unsafe #intenttoinjure #ratface

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Coin flip? Expect a bunch of Leaf suspensions coming from game 6, and 10-1 in PP opportunities in game 7 for the Bruins, including a couple of 5-on-3's.

Yep.

Because if anything Leafs fans have told us all year about the center of the hockey universe, biggest draw and money maker for the NHL, biggest fanbase, it's that the NHL wants the Leafs gone in the first round.

Please, if you could pop back into those threads and educate the rest of your fanbase on the poor Leafs being the perpetual underdog and whipping boy, that'd be great. Need to give them their due.

:laugh:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
because this is how the conversation went:
You: Leafs are bad at getting away with committing infractions
Me: Well they were good at it in the regular season, they're a disciplined team
You: What's so hard about believing the Leafs suck at drawing penalties??

I just don't understand where you're going
I'm suggesting the possibility that the Leafs might actually be partly at fault for this discrepancy that everyone is talking about. It reminded me of some semi-recent playoff series involving the Rangers where other teams couldn't believe their lack of powerplays. The fact was that for several years the Rangers were just very good at staying out of the box.

Last edited:

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Yep.

Because if anything Leafs fans have told us all year about the center of the hockey universe, biggest draw and money maker for the NHL, biggest fanbase, it's that the NHL wants the Leafs gone in the first round.

Please, if you could pop back into those threads and educate the rest of your fanbase on the poor Leafs being the perpetual underdog and whipping boy, that'd be great. Need to give them their due.

:laugh:

No conspiracy. Just bad reffing. Par for the course in most playoff games in most series.

Jan 21, 2018
As expected the Leafs dominated the Bruins once Kadri returned. Apart from Matthews he's the most irreplaceable skillset they needed against the Bruins.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan

It's not as if there aren't multiple opportunities to call penalties (during the run of play and outside of it) for both teams.
These Boston players don't exactly scream Lady Bing now do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->