ECQF: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs | Boston Leads Series 3-2

Game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyAndWings

Dec 18, 2006
Not happy with some of the calls this game, feel the Leafs deserve to get some calls go their way. Hoping for better officiating for the remainder of this series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lilou

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
It was called only because of the broken stick and you jnow it.

How does that change the fact that the gif that was posted was totally misleading?

edit - ya, its not a murder or anything, but Bozak pretty clearly slashes Nash on the hands while he's taking a shot. That is a penalty. I don;t get why leafs fans are so salty. Insufferable.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I'm just reposting what CBC showed, people were asking for a .gif of it so I went back and made one. Nash skated away with what appeared to be an intact stick, holding the point of the break, slid is hands down when Kapanen skated near him, then threw his hands up in the air suggests that he knew it was broken and was waiting for an excuse to embellish.

ThinPerfectDanishswedishfarmdog-size_restricted.gif

This angle shows that Bozak hit the top of his stick, despite the break happening near the blade so it definitely had broke on the shot. The argument, however, can be made that Bozak caught Nash's hands but either way thats a weak call.

There are a lot of gymnastics happening here in a thread where your team won, my god.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
hopefully other fans can see how tough this full leafs lineup is to beat. What a game. Bruins are a fantastic team and will give the Leafs a hell of a time trying to close out this series

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
I'm just reposting what CBC showed, people were asking for a .gif of it so I went back and made one. Nash skated away with what appeared to be an intact stick, holding the point of the break, slid is hands down when Kapanen skated near him, then threw his hands up in the air suggests that he knew it was broken and was waiting for an excuse to embellish.

ThinPerfectDanishswedishfarmdog-size_restricted.gif

This angle shows that Bozak hit the top of his stick, despite the break happening near the blade so it definitely had broke on the shot. The argument, however, can be made that Bozak caught Nash's hands but either way thats a weak call.

A close angle shows bozak stick never hits nash’s Hands.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
There are a lot of gymnastics happening here in a thread where your team won, my god.

Pathetic display from the refs. Obviously it will be highlighted when they are calling every little thing against Toronto and can’t seem to find anything other than the obvious call in front of them. Heck they were even hesitant to call the trip on Johnsson.

Leafs won one game against two teams tonight. It’s tough to win 3 games like that.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Don't hit it?

Rick Nash is so garbage the Bruins equipment guys probably weakened his sticks somehow on purpose so they can get some value for that 1st round pick that they wasted on him.

The guy is an embarrassment. I remember the Toronto media wanting to trade Kadri, Rielly, and a 1st round pick because guys like Rick Nash don’t demand trades often lol.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I had already admitted my mistake, not sure why you are still quoting me.

"then threw his hands up in the air suggests that he knew it was broken and was waiting for an excuse to embellish"

Those are very much gymnastics, and what I was referring to.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Oh, good to know that stick on stick contact isn't allowed for the Maple Leafs. That will really hurt us in the future though. If you ask me though, it's strange that the rest of the league is allowed to and the Leafs aren't!
Getting away with borderline infractions is a skill, I'm honestly surprised a team coached by Babcock isn't better at it.

Rick Nash is so garbage the Bruins equipment guys probably weakened his sticks on purpose so they can get some value for that 1st round pick that they wasted on him.
Oof, got 'em.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Leafs are very strong when they get their rhythm going. But defensively especially if hemmed in for any length TO has some issues. Way too many botched clears and 1st passes out of the zone.
yeah I wish they tried to press harder at the end, but they did good enough closing it out. they love to play a risky game and it's nice when it pans out. That lopsided officiating made it a lot tougher on the Leafs than it should have been though, so it's nice to see some guts and determination

Reactions: Mugzy97

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I'm confused, and nobody seems to want to answer this.

If Bozak's stick check broke Nash's stick, then was Nash playing with a broken stick? If so, then should he not have been sent for a 2 minute rest in the box?

If Nash's stick wasn't broken after the stick check from Bozak, then what seems to be the problem? The penalty was obviously not called upon the stick check, but after the stick broke in 2 pieces.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Getting away with borderline infractions is a skill, I'm honestly surprised a team coached by Babcock isn't better at it.
somehow the Leafs are fine at playing disciplined hockey, except for when they are in Boston for a playoff game. Suddenly the Leafs lose all composure. It must be their anthem singer or something

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I'm confused, and nobody seems to want to answer this.

If Bozak's stick check broke Nash's stick, then was Nash playing with a broken stick? If so, then should he not have been sent for a 2 minute rest in the box?

If Nash's stick wasn't broken after the stick check from Bozak, then what seems to be the problem? The penalty was obviously not called upon the stick check, but after the stick broke in 2 pieces.
He's not playing with a broken stick. Once he realizes the stick is broken, he drops it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->