ECQF: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs | Boston Leads Series 3-2

Game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

teleman

Dec 26, 2006
Mostly just happy this means we will see Nazem Kadri again in this series. Not so much because I want to see him, but because of the potential chaos that will ensue.
If you're expecting The Bruins to go after him you may be disappointed. They have more important things(like winning a series) and they aren't going to do anything stupid to jeopardize that.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Thursday is going to be BRUTAL.

Boston is gonna come back with their A game.

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
I dont see Toronto winning the next game unless they have a solution for their coverage in the defensive zone. There are way too many times where it's overloaded on the side that the puck carrier is and on the off opposite side there's a Bruins player standing there by himself. They are banking on the fact that they will win the board battle and intercept passes. It's a dangerous game to play esp when you have non-mobile defensemen.
i'm not that well versed in hockey x and os but my gosh, I would think it would be obvious for Babcock that he has to fix this problem. I am just disappointed he's not the hot shot that everyone seems to think he is

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
Bruins looked like they struggled to keep up with Toronto's speed in this game. Leafs still need to tidy up their d-zone a little bit but the shot clock ran up mostly due to score effects. Andersen had a great game and will definitely need more of that come Thursday. I was also loving seeing our boy Pleks back in a position of actual importance, he used to love going up against Bergeron and Marchand when we played them and was really getting under their skin tonight. -3 for Marchand and -2 for Bergeron = job well done!

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I dont see Toronto winning the next game unless they have a solution for their coverage in the defensive zone. There are way too many times where it's overloaded on the side that the puck carrier is and on the off opposite side there's a Bruins player standing there by himself. They are banking on the fact that they will win the board battle and intercept passes. It's a dangerous game to play esp when you have non-mobile defensemen.
i'm not that well versed in hockey x and os but my gosh, I would think it would be obvious for Babcock that he has to fix this problem. I am just disappointed he's not the hot shot that everyone seems to think he is
You have a point,however did you not think the Bruins defense got exposed big time tonite? Rask saved them from being embarrased!
3 breakaways by Kappy alone will get the Bruins D a lecture from the staff.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Bruin played a horrible game, had terrible puck-luck and got scored on on Leafs one and only powerplay, that shouldnt have happened.
First line was pretty much a no-show, Krejci and Rick Nash weres terrible.
Still outshot the Leafs 42-30 and was close the entire way. Says a lot about these 2 teams quality.
I voted Bruins in 7 before the series started but I guess I underestimated my team. Bruins in 5.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Bruin played a horrible game, had terrible puck-luck and got scored on on Leafs one and only powerplay, that shouldnt have happened.
First line was pretty much a no-show, Krejci and Rick Nash weres terrible.
Still outshot the Leafs 42-30 and was close the entire way. Says a lot about these 2 teams quality.
I voted Bruins in 7 before the series started but I guess I underestimated my team. Bruins in 5.
Did you see the two goals Boston scored? I'm not sure how you can say they had horrible luck

Reactions: Schooner

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Did you see the two goals Boston scored? I'm not sure how you can say they had horrible luck
That was just Andersen. Especially on the first one. Second one was a little bit of brilliance by Chara.
Did you see the 5-6 missed open nets and the 3 or however many posts Bruins had?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
That was just Andersen. Especially on the first one. Second one was a little bit of brilliance by Chara.
Did you see the 5-6 missed open nets and the 3 or however many posts Bruins had?
Yes, the Leafs missed opportunities as well. They just had more chances than Boston and were the better team overall tonight

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Leafs had 2 posts as well and maybe Bruins shouldn't be missing empty nets.

Better team won tonight. Just like the better team won in games 1 and 2. I don't see the harm in admitting that.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Game 2 was closer than the score indicated, andersen sh*t the bed. Game 1 wasn't close, so it's fair that it's a 2-1 lead for the bruins IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->