ECQF: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs | Boston Leads Series 3-2

Game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Gotta give it to Babcock for taking advantage of the last change.

Pierre made a comment about Plecky having some trouble trying to figure out his place on the team and that he just needs to relax and take it Game by game.

By getting bumped up in an important role last night, he excelled, much to Bruins fans dismay.

I fully expect the next 2 games to be reffed a lot tighter as the series is starting to get chippy.

Interesting thought. I'm kind of torn TBH, I don't want to see things get out of hand but on the other hand, the game last night had a great flow to it. But you're probably right, they should probably send a message by sending Marchand to the box early, I'd be good with that. :D

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Uh.......we played our best game of the series so far, for sure. But the Bruins outshot us 42-30 and had some insane chances last night. If Andersen hadn't stood on his head, they could easily have won that game. Andersen was our best player by far.

I'm glad we won. But lets not get silly about it.

We outshot the Bruins last game. Score effect is a thing.

Yes Andersen was great. The thing is no team wins the cup without a goalie playing out of his mind. You need your goalie to be his best to get anywhere in playoffs.

We were the better team last night, that's not even debatable.

Reactions: SwollenGoat

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Entertaining game for sure. Bruins could have easily been up about 6-4 if Andersen wasnt lucky and we buried our chances. Not worried about the series - Boston still clearly he better team.

Does this include McQuaid' trickler from the point or Andersen forgetting how to play an angle? Andersen made two incredible saves (Krejci & Pasta) to make up for 2 very weak goals. At the end of the day, game still ends up being 4-2 if these outcomes are reversed.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
if it does marchand better watch himself. he's been crossing the line quite a bit.

Yup we saw Marchand beginning to unravel a bit last night.

After he got rocked by that hit in the first he looked distracted / tame. He had a big dive on that Marleau play, obviously slew footed a guy at the face of circle and took a two handed swing at Rielly.

I expect that he will be getting a fine today for some of his antics but it is pretty clear that he is rattled out there. Marchand is a classless rat so I hope he doesn’t become unhinged and hurt one of our players with his actions

Reactions: therealkoho

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
We outshot the Bruins last game. Score effect is a thing.

Yes Andersen was great. The thing is no team wins the cup without a goalie playing out of his mind. You need your goalie to be his best to get anywhere in playoffs.

We were the better team last night, that's not even debatable.

LOL. Everything is debatable. But we won, so I'll go with that.

But lets be realistic. That game could have gone either way. They were right in the game the whole time, and if not for our goalie making some INCREDIBLE saves........Leaf fans would be crying this morning.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Interesting thought. I'm kind of torn TBH, I don't want to see things get out of hand but on the other hand, the game last night had a great flow to it. But you're probably right, they should probably send a message by sending Marchand to the box early, I'd be good with that. :D
I guess it also will depend on who we have as refs/linesmen.

I'm glad they sent both of them to the box last night. Pushing and shoving is fine but swinging sticks around, not a fan.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Pleckanec was always a thorn in the bruins side when he was in MTL- the right kind of dirty as hell. He had it going last night for sure.

Would have loved a sweep but it will be good get see Kadri again - hope Wingles makes a return at some point too and they get a chance to work it out.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

After he got rocked by that hit in the first he looked distracted / tame. He had a big dive on that Marleau play, obviously slew footed a guy at the face of circle and took a two handed swing at Rielly.

I expect that he will be getting a fine today for some of his antics but it is pretty clear that he is rattled out there. Marchand is a classless rat so I hope he doesn’t become unhinged and hurt one of our players with his actions

No idea how they sent both Rielly and Marchand. Marchand took a two handed chop at him and then Backes came and shoved him into the boards. That was dumb as hell. Should have been a PP for the Leafs.

Marchand completely unraveled last night. The whistle had clearly been blown and he shot the puck despite knowing that.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013

Wouldn't be the first player in this series to lose there cool and injure another player

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
LOL. Everything is debatable. But we won, so I'll go with that.

But lets be realistic. That game could have gone either way. They were right in the game the whole time, and if not for our goalie making some INCREDIBLE saves........Leaf fans would be crying this morning.

That is litterally almost every single game. Not sure why you are trying to downplay a game that we were better.

There is a lot of hockey to play, but last night we were the better team and won.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
That is litterally almost every single game. Not sure why you are trying to downplay a game that we were better.

There is a lot of hockey to play, but last night we were the better team and won.

Because we were just barely better, and you're puffing your chest out and acting like it wasn't super close. LOL. That's why.

Reactions: my name is Bob

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Because we were just barely better, and you're puffing your chest out and acting like it wasn't super close. LOL. That's why.

We were 2 goals better. That's a good win in hockey. We controlled the play most of game with no fluke or lucky bounce goals. And don't give me the, "andersen stood on his head". He is part of the team. Task was soft as butter in August last night, and sadly for the Bruins he was part of their team. All players on the ice contribute to the win or loss.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Morning after thoughts:

In hindsight, I wake up this morning not knowing if I've seen a better hockey game. It's all anyone at work can talk about.

The leafs were a slightly better team, but the game was still very competitive.
It had great goals, big hits and huge saves.
Incredibly fast, and two rivals going head to head.

Honestly what more do you want?
Here's hoping for 4 more games like this one! Or at least 3, with Toronto winning ;)

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Lmao

“We would have won if the goalie didn’t make saves”

Seen like the perfect time for...

boston-bruins-wheel-of-excuses-funny.jpg

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Uh.......we played our best game of the series so far, for sure. But the Bruins outshot us 42-30 and had some insane chances last night. If Andersen hadn't stood on his head, they could easily have won that game. Andersen was our best player by far.

I'm glad we won. But lets not get silly about it.

And the leafs outshot the bruins in game 2.

And if Andy hadn't let in 2 stinkers the bruins would never have been in this game.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
The first two games were closer than the scores too, especially game 1, that game was tied 1-1 until 3 minutes left in the 2nd. The final was 5-1, but that was by no means a dominant win by Boston, I'm not saying Boston wasn't good, they were and the better team that night, but not dominant, like some seem to think.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
And the leafs outshot the bruins in game 2.

And if Andy hadn't let in 2 stinkers the bruins would never have been in this game.

The MASSIVE difference being that the Leafs were never close in game 2, whereas the Bruins were very close in game 3, and it could have gone either way.

I'm just saying that the Bruins have been the vastly superior team so far in this series. We played way better last night.......definitely dominated the first period and held them off after that.........but if we don't tighten up defensively, we are going to lose this series in 5. Andersen totally kept us in the game last night, and our best players finally scored. Great. But can Andersen make those kinds of saves every single game? Are we gonna score 4 on Rask very often?

The Bruins were "in this game" until the dying seconds, with many, many, MANY great chances to score.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Bruins don't have to change a thing, Leafs have to play an almost perfect game and have things break their way. That is what I took from the game last night.

Glad we now have a series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad