Game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polansky

Apr 5, 2007
I remember when TSN used to be a professional sports site, now this:

Fueled by long-awaited star performances from their star players, the Maple Leafs are plenty alive and more than well in this postseason. Auston Matthews’ game-winner, Patrick Marleau’s multi-goal night and Frederik Andersen’s 40-save performance combined to give Toronto a rollicking 4-2 victory over Boston in Game 3. The Bruins still lead the series 2-1.

Haha, what is that?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Gotta give it to Babcock for taking advantage of the last change.

Pierre made a comment about Plecky having some trouble trying to figure out his place on the team and that he just needs to relax and take it Game by game.

By getting bumped up in an important role last night, he excelled, much to Bruins fans dismay.

I fully expect the next 2 games to be reffed a lot tighter as the series is starting to get chippy.

Reactions: Loosie

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
That was an entertaining game and that was the Toronto I was expecting to see this series. Both teams got away with alot last night. The B's had their chances but couldn't convert and Andersson kept Toronto ahead. Babcock used his home ice advantage beautifully. The B's D has been VERY aggressive these 3 games, almost too aggressive and Toronto's stretch pass has been catching them off guard. I'm hoping the B's are coming home up 3-1 with Kadri making his return. 2-2 with Kadri coming back will be a whole new series.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Joe Bowen is radio only, the Leafs removed him from the air because his bias was a little much at times. Bruins don't seem to care how homer they appear. Guess that's just a small difference in philosophy between these two organizations.

Not all bruin fans care for Jack. Personally I can't stand him. I now listen to away game commentators. It's too bad because Andy Brickley is very good.

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
That was an entertaining game and that was the Toronto I was expecting to see this series. Both teams got away with alot last night. The B's had their chances but couldn't convert and Andersson kept Toronto ahead. Babcock used his home ice advantage beautifully. The B's D has been VERY aggressive these 3 games, almost too aggressive and Toronto's stretch pass has been catching them off guard. I'm hoping the B's are coming home up 3-1 with Kadri making his return. 2-2 with Kadri coming back will be a whole new series.

Hopefully Grz back next game. 2 days rest a good thing.

Reactions: Bmessy

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Entertaining game for sure. Bruins could have easily been up about 6-4 if Andersen wasnt lucky and we buried our chances. Not worried about the series - Boston still clearly he better team.

Reactions: Blowfish

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Honestly, the refs didn’t help Boston as much as the first two games. It’s reallt not fair to the Bruins. They got used to getting a PP for every hit and mean look against, and it was just taken away!

They still got away with a good half dozen blatantly dirty plays, but just getting away with it isn’t good enough. They’re used to being rewarded for it!

Very unfair.

:clap:

Entertaining game for sure. Bruins could have easily been up about 6-4 if Andersen wasnt lucky and we buried our chances. Not worried about the series - Boston still clearly he better team.

I feel your pain bro. Not just Andersen either, Plecanek was lucky too. Also Rielly, Marner, Matthews and a few others. So much bad luck all packed into one game, you poor thing.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
lol what a loser post. You're aware Kapenen hit a post and Rask didn't exactly play like an "unlucky" player either right?

varano

Jun 27, 2013

Pierre made a comment about Plecky having some trouble trying to figure out his place on the team and that he just needs to relax and take it Game by game.

By getting bumped up in an important role last night, he excelled, much to Bruins fans dismay.

I fully expect the next 2 games to be reffed a lot tighter as the series is starting to get chippy.
I'm shocked about Plekanec.....

I really hope the reffing doesn't tighten up. Its actually looking like hockey now.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Gotta give Leafs props. Every line won their matchup except the 4th line, where the Bruins 2 goals came from.

Reactions: Loosie

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
bh_Apr172018_A048.jpg

Reactions: Critical

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Sure because of Campbells own will, but I'm sure Bruins Goggles Edwards wanted a stoppage. Its embarrassing how biased he is though, there's supposed to be professionalism in sports commentary and he has none of it whatsoever.

Like he was legitimately getting angry during his call tonight, losing his composure..that shouldn't happen for any NHL commentator. I should be able to watch the Bruins feed and see just as much impartialness as the Leafs feed.
Then I suggest you buy NESN and sign Jack's paychecks.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I remember when TSN used to be a professional sports site, now this:

Haha, what is that?

Pick any of the following reasons;

1. The series is 2-1
2. They're in TO where they have been dominate all season
3. They did a 180 from their previous two games
4. People care more about the Leafs than your team
5. Hope sells

Reactions: Auston Marlander

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Lmao

“We would have won if the goalie didn’t make saves”

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

if it does marchand better watch himself. he's been crossing the line quite a bit.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I guess our players hitting the post multiple times doesn't count as luck for the Bruins?

The Bs were outmatched lastnight

Uh.......we played our best game of the series so far, for sure. But the Bruins outshot us 42-30 and had some insane chances last night. If Andersen hadn't stood on his head, they could easily have won that game. Andersen was our best player by far.

I'm glad we won. But lets not get silly about it.

Reactions: bearcountry17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->