ECQF: (1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC1) Columbus Blue Jackets | Caps Lead Series 3-2

Who ya got?! Caps or CBJ?

• WSH (sweep)

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • CBJ (sweep)

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • WSH (in 5)

Votes: 96 13.0%
  • CBJ (in 5)

Votes: 16 2.2%
  • WSH (in 6)

Votes: 232 31.4%
  • CBJ (in 6)

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • WSH (in 7)

Votes: 114 15.4%
  • CBJ (in 7)

Votes: 125 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I think it'll go to 7 games, but not sure who comes out on top. Will be a hell of a series.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
Columbus has never won a playoff series right? They couldn’t even beat the Pens a few years ago when Fleury kept scoring on himself lol.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Bob is crappy almost all the time he plays against Caps. That offense is atrocious too except for Panarin's line. Torts gonna Torts tho. I expect meat and potatoes hockey from them. If Caps' starter (whoever it is in this series) aint gonna s*it the bed big time, I'd say its Caps in 5. CBJ have really nothing to match WSH's talent. Although they can make it tough for the Caps if they will put the pressure on Caps defence and goalie around the crease. Caps are terrible at cleaning their net front territory.

letsgooooooojackets

Mar 10, 2017
CBJ
As a CBJ fan I really can't make much of a prediction on this one. I voted CBJ in 6 because that is the most likely outcome of the ones that have us winning. The series is a crapshoot and really all eight of the outcomes could foreseeably happen, I doubt we see a sweep though. The series comes down to essentially 3 questions
Which Bob/Holtby/Grubs shows up?
Can Panarin do his thing in the playoffs?
Will the Jackets defense contain the Caps offensive talent?
If the answer is yes to the last two, and we get anything near regular season Bob, BTFO Washington.
If the answer is no or a mixed bag for the last two, and playoff Bob shows up, we are in big trouble.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I wanted pitt
And you're the only one. :)

Also, I'm not sure where this idea that Panarin is a playoff choker came from. His rookie year he had 7 points in 7 playoff games, and last year he had 1 point in 4, sure, but the team scored 3 total goals, so not really going to fault him much. Now that he's "the guy", I know he'll be flying out there. I give the Jackets more of a chance against the Caps, but I still expect playoff bob to show up, unfortunately, so I pick Caps in 6.

Reactions: akmuo33

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I find it interesting that many people are saying this is an ideal matchup for the Blue Jackets. The Caps went 3-1 vs Columbus this year and are 12-2-3 against them during Trotz's tenure. Washington is better at center on all four lines. Columbus has the best defensive pairing in the series. Columbus always plays a style that the Caps typically do well against... Washington doesn't do well against teams like Philadelphia or Pittsburgh who can counter quickly. No reason the Caps shouldn't win this series as long as they get respectable goaltending.

Edit: If Trotz goes full Trotz and tries to play his "heavy" lineup, i.e. the slower and less talented lineup, then he's playing right into CBJ's game plan. Would be nice if he tried to dictate pace and terms for once in his career.

Last edited:

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
:huh: Based on what?
They weren't the better team during the entire reg season nor the last 10 games when they needed points more than the Caps.

If Bob is playoff Bob :eek: Cbus is done.

Based upon personal observation. Caps grossly overachieved all season - teams with the possession numbers Washington had generally don't fare well in the playoffs. But hey, I hope both teams lose so whatever works.

And yes, if Bob plays the way he has the last 2 playoffs, CBJ is toast. If only I'd said that in my original post...wait, I did.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
My guess is that this will be the Tom Wilson series. Torts always wants to play rough against the Caps skill players. He always yells when the Caps hit back. I don't expect any different this time. This time instead of yelling at Ov, he will be yelling at Wilson.

What are the current odds on Torts saying in a presser that the league wants the Caps to win because they are letting Wilson and Ovechkin and Orpik off the hook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->