ECQF: (1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC1) Columbus Blue Jackets | Caps Lead Series 3-2

Who ya got?! Caps or CBJ?

• WSH (sweep)

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • CBJ (sweep)

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • WSH (in 5)

Votes: 96 13.0%
  • CBJ (in 5)

Votes: 16 2.2%
  • WSH (in 6)

Votes: 232 31.4%
  • CBJ (in 6)

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • WSH (in 7)

Votes: 114 15.4%
  • CBJ (in 7)

Votes: 125 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
LOL at Seth Jones, your team just stole a game after getting outshot by like 25+ shots. Just take the win and Shut the **** up.

If you're a Pens fan, tell Malkin and Hornquist to get their 'Spear -n- Flops' ready!!

If you're a Caps fan, your Captain is selfish and 1 dimensional!!

This isn't your Grandaddy's Bluejackets boy!!

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Sorry that I'm favoring the Capitals more than Blue Jackets. Columbus is a fine team; I just want Ovechkin to win the Cup for once.

That is so Canadian of you to apologize for cheering for a team. :) I get it. I like the Caps and if they beat the Jackets I will bandwagon for them.
Btw we were just in Vancouver at the Jackets game and the people in Western Canada are the best. Vancouver is a beautiful city.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
That is so Canadian of you to apologize for cheering for a team. :) I get it. I like the Caps and if they beat the Jackets I will bandwagon for them.
Btw we were just in Vancouver at the Jackets game and the people in Western Canada are the best. Vancouver is a beautiful city.

Weather's really nice and great places like mountains to climb, fish to catch, and etc.
If the Jackets beat the Caps, I will most likely cheer for them, too. :)

Reactions: letsgooooooojackets

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Somebody tell me how much being down 2 goals, 2 separate times in a single game, would affect how "open" or "aggressive" a team has to play to make up the deficit...

And how would that "open" and/or "aggressive" play affect the SOG numbers??

Think, quality over quantity.

:teach2:

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Has to be mental right?

Got Halak'd last night.

Last year they had a scare vs the leafs, then went down 3-1 to pittsburgh only to come back and then blow game 7 at home

2016, Neuvirth plays out of his mind for the series, it goes 6 games, then lose to a pittsburgh team they were heavily favoured over.

2015, 7 game series against an Isles team that was decent, then blow a 3-1 lead against the rangers in spectacular fashion.

This doesn't even include the 2013, 2012, 2010 and 2009 meltdowns they had, as it's only fair to put the trotz era caps for this comment. They're better than this and maybe just are snakebit.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Noteworthy stat: 7 of 9 goals for the Jackets have been wristers, which is the most of any team in the playoffs. Caps goalies are .815 against wristers in these two games.

These aren't deflections, rebounds, rockets, or anything else. Caps goalies are just getting beaten by wrist shots. Sad.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
They aren't talented or skilled enough to win on sheer skill like the Pens or Caps.

Why does anybody "buy" this shit? Its not 2009 anymore. This CBJ team is a VERY skilled team.

NOBODY will ever be (as good as) a Crosby, McDavid, Malkin, Ovechkin,.......... BUT Artemi Panarin and Seth Jones are just as good as ANY "1-2 punch" in the entire NHL!!

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
Why does anybody "buy" this ****? Its not 2009 anymore. This CBJ team is a VERY skilled team.

NOBODY will ever be (as good as) a Crosby, McDavid, Malkin, Ovechkin,.......... BUT Artemi Panarin and Seth Jones are just as good as ANY "1-2 punch" in the entire NHL!!

Would you rather have a 1-2 punch of Panarin and Jones, or that of Crosby and Malkin?

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
I've been an Ovechkin fan since he's entered the NHL, so I kind of pull for the Caps in the playoffs but, Jesus Christ, every year that team is so mentally fragile come playoff time. Way worse than the Sharks were, on average.

It's sad how predictable it is that the Caps can't play with a lead or can't win in OT with all the talent they've had over the years.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Has to be mental right?

Got Halak'd last night.

Last year they had a scare vs the leafs, then went down 3-1 to pittsburgh only to come back and then blow game 7 at home

2016, Neuvirth plays out of his mind for the series, it goes 6 games, then lose to a pittsburgh team they were heavily favoured over.

2015, 7 game series against an Isles team that was decent, then blow a 3-1 lead against the rangers in spectacular fashion.

This doesn't even include the 2013, 2012, 2010 and 2009 meltdowns they had, as it's only fair to put the trotz era caps for this comment. They're better than this and maybe just are snakebit.
Or maybe, maybe, just maybe, the Jackets actually deserved this. This whole what did the Caps do to lose as opposed to what did the Jackets do to win shtick is really getting tired.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
The Blue Jackets have not noticed that there is a game going on in the beginning of these first two games. Key moment in the comeback was when Nutivaara showed how it is done with the next shift already putting black into the cage. Four passes break any defence.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Noteworthy stat: 7 of 9 goals for the Jackets have been wristers, which is the most of any team in the playoffs. Caps goalies are .815 against wristers in these two games.

These aren't deflections, rebounds, rockets, or anything else. Caps goalies are just getting beaten by wrist shots. Sad.

++Breaking News++

--Columbus Blue Jackets are a good team and have many good shooters--

Its not the "Russians", its reality.

Or is it both?

:skeptic: :huh: :puppy:

Louis Gilmour

Apr 16, 2018
From Montreal but been watching CBJ lately and cheering for them in the playoffs big time. Can somebody explain me what's up with Sonny Milano. I feel like Torts just doesn't like him ? He played 3 mins last night... i know he's young, etc but still. Thanks !

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
From Montreal but been watching CBJ lately and cheering for them in the playoffs big time. Can somebody explain me what's up with Sonny Milano. I feel like Torts just doesn't like him ? He played 3 mins last night... i know he's young, etc but still. Thanks !

Hasn't fully earned Torts' trust, right or wrong, in any situation, let alone a tight playoff game.

He definitely has holes in his game but I figured him to be potentially useful when pressed into action due to Wennberg's injury. Hard to say when you only play three minutes.

My hope is that, if Wennberg remains out, Torts will give him more time (Bjorkstrand, too) at home where he can better dictate matchups. Or maybe not.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Torts said and almost word for word, " he scares the shit outta me every time he's on the ice"

Basically Sonny can make big plays, but Torts wants everyone to be accountable on both ends and Sonny isn't playing up to his expectations.

Reactions: Louis Gilmour

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Now or in 2013-14?

Proceed with caution

Either year.

You act like Malkin and Crosby are worse than they were in 2014.

Malkin is coming off a 100 point pace year and Crosby is dominating the playoffs once again.

I'll take the two best playoff centre's in the game over Jones and Panarin quite easily.

Reactions: zero8771

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
As Blue Jackets fans we are not used to winning anything, not even regular season games. So keep in mind that although this is a great start, it is only a START, not the end. Both games could have gone either way. Washington had chances in OT in both games and even in regulation. If Carlson's shot had been another inch to the inside it would have hit the post and gone in. Granted it didn't so it doesn't matter but that's how close these games were. I believe that the Caps outplayed the Jackets in the 1st and 3rd and that the Jackets won the 2nd, so overall it was a dominating performance on the ice from the Caps. Vezina Bob made an appearance in the playoffs, finally. It is not the time for cockiness from the Jackets or their fans.
There has been a lot of talk about how the Caps are painful to be a fan of and I get that , but at least the Caps have won the President's Trophy, Metro, and some playoff series. I have been a Jackets fan since day 1 and I can tell you that it has not been easy. There is a part of me, due to past experience, that expects the Jackets to somehow blow this lead they have in the series. Then again the rational side of my brain says that this is a big series lead and this is the best team that the Jackets have ever had.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad