ECQF: (1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC1) Columbus Blue Jackets | Caps Lead Series 3 Games to 2

Which team wins game 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
For me, it's frustration because the Pens have just moved on and are resting now so if the Caps do win the series, we want this over with ASAP so they don't get more banged-up. And thinking/wondering if this series could have been over already feeds that frustration. Those who believe Holtby should have been put in earlier (in game 1 or 2), well, yeah, it's frustrating. Until the next game rolls around and we all have to wait for the outcome, that frustration just continues to eat away at us. Thus the back and forth.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
As an outsider it's funny to see you guys argue over Grubi vs Holtby. Trying to place blame when your team is up 3-2 makes no senses unless you think it should have been over by now.

I would be ecstatic to be up 3-2. Maybe enjoy what you have? Here's another idea... Maybe the team they are playing has some influence on the outcome as well? Just a thought.

I totally agree with you. I don't give a shit about Holtby vs Grubi, all that matters is that the Caps have righted the ship after losing the first two games at home. It's not like Grubauer is coming back in this series, Holtby will play the rest of this one and the next one if the Caps advance to the next round.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
For me, it's frustration because the Pens have just moved on and are resting now so if the Caps do win the series, we want this over with ASAP so they don't get more banged-up. And thinking/wondering if this series could have been over already feeds that frustration. Those who believe Holtby should have been put in earlier (in game 1 or 2), well, yeah, it's frustrating. Until the next game rolls around and we all have to wait for the outcome, that frustration just continues to eat away at us. Thus the back and forth.

As a Jackets fan I really hope the Caps think like this. So I guess you think it should have been over already? 4 out of 5 games have gone to overtime but the Caps should have swept?

I don't understand why the Jackets don't just go ahead and fofeit so the Caps can go ahead with their destiny vs the Pens.

It's posts like this that really make me want the Jackets to somehow pull this out. I don't think they will but it would be sweet.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
As an outsider it's funny to see you guys argue over Grubi vs Holtby. Trying to place blame when your team is up 3-2 makes no senses unless you think it should have been over by now.

I would be ecstatic to be up 3-2. Maybe enjoy what you have? Here's another idea... Maybe the team they are playing has some influence on the outcome as well? Just a thought.

Or, as fans with varying degrees of knowledge about the sport and constant exposure to both players throughout their careers, maybe we have a bit more to offer than "whew, up 3-2 in the series WHAT COULD GO WRONG".

I can understand if it's not important to fans of other teams, but for us there are layers of information and interest that extend throughout our local media and through the ranks of the organization. Otherwise there wouldn't have been any doubt and Holtby would've been the unquestioned starter in Game 1.

In tight games that go to OT it's natural to look for little things that could've made the difference. Both teams can point these out. Some are frivolous, others aren't. The starting goaltender is a pretty important one, especially when it's a Vezina winning playoff warrior being benched for a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad