ECQF: (1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC1) Columbus Blue Jackets | Caps Lead Series 3-2

Who ya got?! Caps or CBJ?

• WSH (sweep)

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • CBJ (sweep)

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • WSH (in 5)

Votes: 96 13.0%
  • CBJ (in 5)

Votes: 16 2.2%
  • WSH (in 6)

Votes: 232 31.4%
  • CBJ (in 6)

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • WSH (in 7)

Votes: 114 15.4%
  • CBJ (in 7)

Votes: 125 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Points in the regular season are so easy to get, records are very deceiving. Every advanced stat says the Jackets are the better team, they should be favored to win this series honestly.

And those same advanced stats say that Washington has outplayed Columbus for most of the series. Real stats say they're one win away from round 2. I don't see anything that favors Columbus at this point.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
I can't believe there is still a Crosby vs Ovi debate. Speaking as a neutral fan since I am not a Caps or Pens fan there is no debate on who the better player is. When Crosby is at his best he is almost impossible to stop. You never see that with Ovi when he is at his best. He's a nightmare for goalies but not defenders. Ovi is not a hard guy to defend like Crosby is. You can get the puck off of Ovi pretty easily when he is not shooting it. Then you can take everything else into consideration such as defensive responsibilities and faceoffs and such and it becomes more lopsided.
In Ovechkin's prime he was much more unstoppable than Crosby. And... since when scoring wingers have defensive responsibilities and faceoffs?

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I can't believe there is still a Crosby vs Ovi debate. Speaking as a neutral fan since I am not a Caps or Pens fan there is no debate on who the better player is. When Crosby is at his best he is almost impossible to stop. You never see that with Ovi when he is at his best. He's a nightmare for goalies but not defenders. Ovi is not a hard guy to defend like Crosby is. You can get the puck off of Ovi pretty easily when he is not shooting it. Then you can take everything else into consideration such as defensive responsibilities and faceoffs and such and it becomes more lopsided.

How old are you? Ovechkin at his best not hard to defend? :laugh: Tell that to Chris Chelios or any number of defensemen he has posterized.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Theres pressure that could turn diamonds into coal on Washington to end this in columbus.

CBJ can play free and have nothing to lose.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
I apologize, I didn't mean to interrupt the very interesting conversation about who better, Crosby or Ovie. It's so interesting, please continue.
I think Jackets is a great team with good future. It's difficult to beat them. They are performing well in a very competitive division. You need another Panarin level forward to be a true SC contender IMO.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Crazy that some people think there's no pressure on Columbus for Game 6. Should be very interesting watching a team fighting to save their season while simultaneously playing without pressure.

Reactions: Drakon

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Gonna be one royal pain in the ass to cary the burden and embarrassment of the only team in the league not to when a playoff series for the entire next year

If there’s anything CBJ is great at, it’s getting fans’ hopes sky high just to in turn **** on us
**** this

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Peak Ovechkin was great and maybe better than Crosby.

But we haven't seen that Ovechkin for almost 10 years now...he is still great though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->