ECQF: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (WC2) New Jersey Devils | Tampa Leads Series 3-1

who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Florida in general has horrible pizza, as does South NJ. But there are some places on the west coast by Naples/Venice FL that have a lot of old school Italian owned restaurants that they have good Pizza. Can tell the difference, they likely use different water, and not tap. But still nothing like NY Brick oven Pizza. As per Bagels, mushy chewy gummy bagels is what you get everywhere else, lol.

You have to search for pizza down here. There's all kinds of tiny, stuck in random weird places owned by ex NY'ers that have good pizza. It's fun looking for them.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You have to search for pizza down here. There's all kinds of tiny, stuck in random weird places owned by ex NY'ers that have good pizza. It's fun looking for them.

Yup, been going down to Florida enough to know where the good places are. It’s kinda like NYC, have to stay away from the tourist areas in order to find the best food places. I have not found any place in Tampa, but like I said have found places more south.

Reactions: ThunderAlleyNomad

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Yup, been going down to Florida enough to know where the good places are. It’s kinda like NYC, have to stay away from the tourist areas in order to find the best food places. I have not found any place in Tampa, but like I said have found places more south.

If you're ever in Lakeland, Florida, Primos's. Which is stuck in the industrial part of town with factories, garages, and dive bars. But stay away from Primo's II, which is owned by the same family, in a more shopping oriented area, but completely sucks.

Reactions: Bodi Finds the Fire

T REX

Feb 28, 2013

Have you had Eddie and Sam's in downtown Tampa?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I've never seen a thread die so hard.

I think the game last night took the wind out of it. If the Devils won we would probably have a lot more hockey discussion or more back and forth. Its not likely to get that way unless the Devils win the next game.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
it was still gutless, but good on him for owning up to that and apologizing
Also Hedman:

tenor.gif

Reactions: Master P

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Have you had Eddie and Sam's in downtown Tampa?

I have not. Where abouts in downtown Tampa are they? How far from arena? I was at game 1 but we did not have time to stop to eat so went straight to the game. We were driving from Orlando and traffic was horrendous on Route 4, which I’m sure you know. Lol

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
If you're ever in Lakeland, Florida, Primos's. Which is stuck in the industrial part of town with factories, garages, and dive bars. But stay away from Primo's II, which is owned by the same family, in a more shopping oriented area, but completely sucks.
In Dixieland?

Nevermind, looks like Combee? Yeah, I've heard people rant and rave about S&L burgers for years (closer to Bartow Highway), but for the life of me I can't ever remember them being that good.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I have not. Where abouts in downtown Tampa are they? How far from arena? I was at game 1 but we did not have time to stop to eat so went straight to the game. We were driving from Orlando and traffic was horrendous on Route 4, which I’m sure you know. Lol

It's walking distance from the arena. Maybe half a mile. Probably the best pizza in town. And I had no idea when I Yelp'ed it just now

Best Pizza in Tampa Bay, FL - Yelp

Reactions: Bodi Finds the Fire

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I've heard great things about that place on (I think Florida) in the heights. Cappy's, I think (there are other locations but I haven't seen them).

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Less than 24 hours until the NJ folks can go back to focusing on their full-time gym, tan, and laundry routine. Then your GM can focus on re-building your entire defense, getting a 2C and some scoring depth. Perhaps a goalie by the time the foregoing holes have been adequately plugged. Maybe an enforcer or two to curtail getting bullied by the shortest and lightest team in the league. And finally,
some complimentary hankerchifs for all the whining that has gone on - and certainly will, for the impending future - around here. You’re definitely a couple years out from sniffing a deep playoff run. Apologies for the brutal honesty. In any event, I thought we should move past the pizza talk.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Less than 24 hours until the NJ folks can go back to focusing on their full-time gym, tan, and laundry routine. Then your GM can focus on re-building your entire defense, getting a 2C and some scoring depth. Perhaps a goalie by the time the foregoing holes have been adequately plugged. Maybe an enforcer or two to curtail getting bullied by the shortest and lightest team in the league. And finally,
some complimentary hankerchifs for all the whining that has gone on - and certainly will, for the impending future - around here. You’re definitely a couple years out from sniffing a deep playoff run. In any event, I thought we should move past the pizza talk.

That's more like it.

Spirit of McMullen

3 since 82
Apr 19, 2018
We have one line and one legit top pairing Dman (even that is debateable)
Work in progress but Shero has done wonders after old regime set us back years.
Conte and Lou drafting Zacha ahead of Barzal and Rantanen .....
I still have nightmares about that. They were so desperate for a NHL ready C for that season that they took Bobby Holik version 2.0

That was Ray Shero actually, on the job already for almost 2 months at that point. The day of the draft was also the same day he traded for Palmieri. Lamoriello at that time was just a figurehead on his way out, eventually going to Toronto soon after.

And Ray fired Conte just a week after that draft, bringing in Paul Castron from Columbus.

Shero was not some rookie NHL executive as he had 20+ years experience at that point, both as an Assistant GM and GM.

He runs the show and made the final decision. You need to look at his role rather than blame it all on Conte.

Last edited:

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Hope we are smart enough to respect NJ and not let off the gas. We learned that NJ are fully cable of taking momentum away at anytime. Please don’t let this be a game where we are looking past Devils to Beantown.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
The lightning are only good because of Kucherov, otherwise the team is outright trash.

Now you may say the same with the Devils and Taylor Hall, but the fact is that the Devils are on the rebuild and the Lightning have been trying to build a mega team for years yet always choke in the playoffs.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
The lightning are only good because of Kucherov, otherwise the team is outright trash.

Now you may say the same with the Devils and Taylor Hall, but the fact is that the Devils are on the rebuild and the Lightning have been trying to build a mega team for years yet always choke in the playoffs.

Lol is this serious?

The devils have arguably one of the worst D cores in the league, possibly the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->