ECQF: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (WC2) New Jersey Devils | Tampa Leads Series 3-1

who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
You don't want to see one too close lol. I've seen waterspouts form a ways away which is really neat but I think back in 2010 or 2011 a part of New Port Richey got hit with tornadoes that was pretty rough. The afternoon cycle of thunderstorms and raining like clockwork at the heat of the day is nothing to envy. Annoying if you work a job outside...

The closest I ever came to dying was when I took a walk around my neighborhood during the height of Sandy. Piece of sheetmetal ripped off of a building came half a foot from decapitating me. Luckily I was really really drunk.

Speaking of which, @LightningStrikes I invented a drink during Superstorm Sandy that I called the Slippery Sandy.

Fill a blender 1/3 ice and 1/3 coffee ice cream. Throw a banana in there. Use a coconut rum of your choice. Fill the now-almost-packed blender up about 1/4 of the way with it. Add about half as much Kahlua as rum. Blend until it's like a milshake. Mix cocoa powder and brown sugar separately. Rim a glass with it, pour your Sandy in, and enjoy.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
The closest I ever came to dying was when I took a walk around my neighborhood during the height of Sandy. Piece of sheetmetal ripped off of a building came half a foot from decapitating me. Luckily I was really really drunk.

Speaking of which, @LightningStrikes I invented a drink during Superstorm Sandy that I called the Slippery Sandy.

Fill a blender 1/3 ice and 1/3 coffee ice cream. Throw a banana in there. Use a coconut rum of your choice. Fill the now-almost-packed blender up about 1/4 of the way with it. Add about half as much Kahlua as rum. Blend until it's like a milshake. Mix cocoa powder and brown sugar separately. Rim a glass with it, pour your Sandy in, and enjoy.
The hero Florida needs.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Jersey Mikes has Taylor Ham, Egg, and Cheese sandwiches in the morning. They must be South Jersey based though because they call the Pork Roll sandwiches. I highly recommend trying one. They also sell Taylor Ham at Publix if you don’t have a Jersey Mike’s by you. Publix, however, does not make the sandwich at the deli so you’ll have to make it yourself.
My god man. I went to Nashville recently for a long weekend with some friends from back home and I think I had Publix subs a total of 7 times over the course of 4 days.

That's what I miss about Orlando.

That and Pita Pit.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Still just pissing me the f*** of. How can the refs get so involved in a series. One side hasn’t particularly benefited, but there isn’t enough 5 on 5 being played for either team to establish momentum. Look at the other series. Wes is awful. Turning what should be a fast paced exciting series into a dud. 25(!!!!) minors called in the last 2 games. Just cannot happen. League should be embarrassed by this

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Still just pissing me the **** of. How can the refs get so involved in a series. One side hasn’t particularly benefited, but there isn’t enough 5 on 5 being played for either team to establish momentum. Look at the other series. Wes is awful. Turning what should be a fast paced exciting series into a dud. 25(!!!!) minors called in the last 2 games. Just cannot happen. League should be embarrassed by this

Yeah true. I can’t remember games this season where we were in the box so much. So much for refs swallowing the whistles in the playoffs. I hate all the slashing calls the most. Tap the stick, boom penalty. At least it gave us good practice on pk against a good pp :D

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Still just pissing me the **** of. How can the refs get so involved in a series. One side hasn’t particularly benefited, but there isn’t enough 5 on 5 being played for either team to establish momentum. Look at the other series. Wes is awful. Turning what should be a fast paced exciting series into a dud. 25(!!!!) minors called in the last 2 games. Just cannot happen. League should be embarrassed by this
Yeah there's no flow to this series. Everytime the speed gets ramped up, here comes some kind of call.

If the calls were earned, it's one thing, but I've seen so many soft ass slashing, hooking and holding calls in this series it's ridiculous

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Yeah there's no flow to this series. Everytime the speed gets ramped up, here comes some kind of call.

If the calls were earned, it's one thing, but I've seen so many soft ass slashing, hooking and holding calls in this series it's ridiculous
It’s really bad. The game died in the first period last night for everyone except Wes McCauley. Every year with this guy. And you know he just thinks he’s the f***ing man for it lol. It’s at the point where I’d rather them miss blatant calls and let the devils and lightning play a hockey game. We’d still more than likely lose but at least the games would be fun....

Reactions: Stammertime91

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
What's the like. Quintessential NJ food? I can't really think of it.

Is it those sandwiches that have like every food ever on them?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yeah the "old days"...like 6 years ago when we made the Final...sooooo long ago. In that same time frame the Lightning have the same amount of Final appearances and themselves missed the playoffs 3 times.

You guys have a good team, that will probably remain good for a while still, and may even win a Stanley Cup. But you haven't won the big prize since about the same time as the Devils, and the recent history has been quality but again, no championships there. So I'm not sure where all this fake swagger is coming from.

There's nothing fake about the swagger. Jeff Vinik is the best owner in the NHL. I'll wait patiently to see if there is anyone better and see if there's anyone who has donated $50,000 to ordinary upstanding citizens every home game. Steve Yzerman is arguably the best general manager in hockey today. Jon Cooper is arguably one of the most respected coaches on these boards. We've been hitting on our prospects year after year after year and have constructed this contender almost exclusively by the draft and the New York Rangers who for years were the class of the Eastern Conference. We set a franchise record in wins, every player you see will be coming back and we are only going to get better. We are built to last no differently than the Devils were all those years ago. As you are acutely aware winning the Cup is hard and I'm not the type to piss and moan and throw down my team's crest because we haven't won lately.

I have every reason to be proud of my team and little makes me happier than a 3-1 series lead going back home to possibly close it out.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Um isnt NJ down by a single goal 5v5 for the entire series..?

You may only be down by a single goal at 5v5, but you're sitting at a sub-45.5% CF right now. I'm not one to rate Corsi as the end all be all, but it's not a recipe for success to be getting outpossessed and outchanced every game at even strength and also losing the special teams battle by a decent margin.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Hindsight 20/20 but NJ may have had more of a chance in game one and two with the better goalie. Think the first guy gave up 9 goals in one and half games and Cory 4 goals in 2 and half games. Bolts have been there before with two ok goalies. It will make a big difference for NJ when they get an elite goalie who is true #1. We were very fortunate to get Vasi in the draft and he is only 23 yo. Amazing but he has made us forget letting Bishop go who is great goalie

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Hindsight 20/20 but NJ may have had more of a chance in game one and two with the better goalie. Think the first guy gave up 9 goals in one and half games and Cory 4 goals in 2 and half games. Bolts have been there before with two ok goalies. It will make a big difference for NJ when they get an elite goalie who is true #1. We were very fortunate to get Vasi in the draft and he is only 23 yo. Amazing but he has made us forget letting Bishop go who is great goalie
Kinkaid can't be blamed for those first two games. Maybe one of the 10 he'd want back, but he was absolutely hung out to dry by his team.

Maybe Schneider does better, he is the better goalie when playing to their abilities, but it would have been insane to not ride Kinkaid into the playoffs.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

Hahah so basically a mudslide, with slightly different ingredients, I like it.

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA

https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/team-...sort=9&time=2&pos=0&team=1&qual=1&sortOrder=0

This is pretty telling...both teams averaging 22+ PIMs per game. The next closest is Anaheim at 14

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Yea I dont get it with the penalties. Too many weak calls for both teams. All it did was slow down the game and thats not necessarily good for either team. Since both like to play that uptempo and fast games. No real momentum was to be had because a penalty would happen the moment one team got momentum. Dont really understand.

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Those books may be a bit cooked considering all of the misconducts given at the end of game 3.

You probably want to look at the minors per game stat. Tampa is tied for second and the Devils are seventh.

Ah that's true. Super inflated due to the misconducts

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Did anyone really believe that NJ was going to give Tampa a tough series? Most fans didn't even expect NJ to make it into the playoffs. This playoff experience will be good for all the young players to build off of. Hopefully they come back next season and do even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad